Tony Morris video footage of him buying a dozen bottles of scotch

by UnshackleTheChains 519 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

"She said he comes off as judgemental."

And smug!!! lol

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Isn't there passages in the bible that state to cause injury to ones own flesh is an unrighteous disrespect to god who created us ?

Hard liquor is harmful to ones own flesh, recent medical and health officials have shown this to be true.
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

congratulations Fink--you got this beyond the 500 post mark.

• BourneIdentity
    BourneIdentity
    Jehalapeno4 hours ago
    You know how the Slave tells us all never to drink alcohol at dinner time on a meeting night? They don’t want us under any type of influence when we attend the meeting later that evening, because it would be disrespectful to Jehovah. I could see them ignoring their own counsel and sipping those scotches at any hour of the day. The rules don’t apply to them.

From the November 15, 2014 Watchtower: "Does this passage mean that we must not drink anything alcoholic before going to a Christian meeting? Think about these points: We are not under the Law. (Romans 10:4) In some lands, our fellow believers use alcoholic beverages in moderation at meals before attending meetings. Four cups of wine were used at the Passover. When instituting the Memorial, Jesus had his apostles drink wine that represented his blood."

Jehalapeno,

Looks like that must be new light. This was from the 1987 WT

• Ding
    Ding

Whenever they say that JWs aren't under the Mosaic law, you can be sure that means they are about to quote some OT law or practice to support their position...

They never seem to pattern themselves after Nazirites, whose vow required them to avoid strong drink and not take a razor to their hair.

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Had to try it and it's pricey 8 dollars each!! I didn't really care for it but, then again I'm very spiritually weak so that might affect my ability to make good determinations.

• asp59
    asp59
    moomanchu Why not As the bible say we must follow the example of does who take the lead 😂😁
  • moomanchu
    moomanchu
    Asp59 I would go broke following Tony. LOL One thing I did want to mention the whiskey is aged in sherry oak barrels and it does have a very unique flavor. I really don't see this as a gift choice at all. It is something you would have to aquire a taste for.
  • lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding

Fulfillment of Scripture

Mt. 24:48

48 “But if ever that evil slave says in his heart, ‘My master is delaying,’ 49 and he starts to beat his fellow slaves and to eat and drink with the confirmed drunkards,

We have know for some time that they “beat” their fellow JWs, but now we see the whole.

• BourneIdentity
    BourneIdentity

@lastmanstanding

Let’s get the full context of that fulfillment.

Matthew 24:45-51

45 “Who really is the faithful and discreet* slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time?

46 Happy is that slave if his master on coming finds him doing so!

47 Truly I say to you, he will appoint him over all his belongings.

48 “But if ever that evil slave says in his heart, ‘My master is delaying,’

49 and he starts to beat his fellow slaves and to eat and drink with the confirmed drunkards,

50 the master of that slave will come on a day that he does not expect and in an hour that he does not know,

51 and he will punish him with the greatest severity and will assign him his place with the hypocrites. There is where his weeping and the gnashing of his teeth will be.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit