Tony Morris video footage of him buying a dozen bottles of scotch

by UnshackleTheChains 519 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Simon
    Simon

How is this an issue?

Trying to make it into one makes us look like bigger jackasses than them.

If you find a video of him passed out behind a dumpster it might be news, but leader of a large corporation buying some bottles of liquor? The only "news" there is that they might do some of their own shopping instead of sending a lackey.

Also, y'all know it's April Fools Day ... right?

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

I'm wondering what kind of backlash there will be about this within Bethel and the Governing Body. Maybe Watchtower will try to spin it, but how can you spin it into something that's ok? Bring attention to it might make it worse. It doesn't matter what you do, this doesn't look good for AM3 or the Organization.

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

It is ALWAYS a mistake to compare the actions of this man against an absolute. We all know that what he did can hardly constitute a "sin" in absolute terms. If he was someone else we would be jealous and wondering who can afford to buy all that. Regardless if it is for personal use or for a party.

When you have the leader of a large "religion", who has the power to make tons of people miserable for having done the same thing he is doing, then it becomes a sin by extension.

He may be the leader of a corporation on paper, but for millions of JWs he is a God's channel on earth and people beat themselves on the chest when they fail to meet his expectations, sorry, God's expectations. I see no need to cut him no slack.

He was suspiciously dressed, alone and more than half hour away from Warwick when most other purchasing would be carried out by his minions. I am speculating in the following point but I have a feeling that even the car he took was chosen with the intention of maintaining a low profile. I am almost positive this guy hardly drives anywhere without a driver.

Had he seen someone else act this conspicuously he would have had a talk saying...

... if it walks like a duck and poops like a duck... guess what?

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

I found this in the January 1, 2010 issue of The Watchtower magazine about Tony...

Keeping Alcohol in Its Place

TONY, mentioned in the opening article, could have enjoyed a very different life​—if only he had faced up to his drinking problem. However, because he seemed to be able to consume many drinks without obvious symptoms, he believed that he was in control of his life. Why was his self-assessment so faulty?

His judgment was skewed by excessive alcohol consumption. Whether Tony realized it or not, the very organ that monitored his physical, mental, and emotional condition​—his brain—​was malfunctioning when it was overloaded with alcohol. The more he drank, the less capable his brain was of accurately evaluating his condition.

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/wp20100101/Keeping-Alcohol-in-Its-Place/

• UnshackleTheChains
  • snakeface
    snakeface

I didn't notice him doing any "incidental witnessing" to anyone.

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains
    Also, y'all know it's April Fools Day ... right

Of course 😮...it's gotta be a prank!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Also, y'all know it's April Fools Day ... right?

.....but this isn't a joke its real.

• atomant
    atomant

if its a joke it sure fooled me. Top shelf tony will have to answer to the top brass for this one.Did anyone notice his fat gut. The word gluttony comes to mind and we all know what the bible says about gluttons.

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding
    So he called to him, ‘Father Tony, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in Scotch and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.’ Fluke 16:24

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit