What is behind your choice of forum user name?

by stuckinarut2 116 Replies latest jw friends

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

When I started to question the WT about its true history, my so called JW friends(All from India) started to shun me with name calling as "Apostate". They invited me and my wife for a dinner in an elder's home, of around 20 JW people. After dinner, Two of the elders took me to the basement and asked me straight at the face that whether I want to remain as JW or not. If not, they demanded me to write a letter of disassociation. Also, they said that they can never have me as a friend anymore, and that I should leave their home the next morning, after a sleepover. They said they never wanted to dine in the table of demon. My wife and I immediately left, both sobbing, since they had been our “Dear” friends for quite a while. Been a very bitter experience, but it proved their cultish attitude.

A year later, I wrote a letter of disassociation just to prove that I am breaking myself away from this cult and that I’m not afraid of losing my eternal life prospects, or any other nonsense.

Since then, I made a fair research on most of the religions and came to know that they are all scams. I chose my name as “EverApostate” since I am so confident that no religion can fool me again in my life.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Mine was based on a number of influencers. At that time Anonymous was an Internet phenomenon, I also like Blizzard games and back in the day Anony Mous was the default player name if you didn't give one for the early WarCraft games.

Back then I had to remain anonymous but I wanted to leak a number of documents and also sent e-mails to many elders across the US via the WT e-mail distribution systems. Hence my name

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

Some of my elders had problems with my attitude for fast german sportcars.

So every time they came up speaking about my "non-theocratic" cars - I replied with the bible story about Jehu.

In germany normally we can drive without speed limit. So many people come from other countrys to germany to drive very fast on the german "autobahn" (my avatar shows the german sign for "autobahn" (highway).

So for me it's freedom - freedom to drive without speedlimit.

Learning TTATT - I could break free from all the Watchtower-"Limits".

fastJehu - now driving(living) without cult (speed)limits.

============================================================

(2 Kings 9:20)  And the watchman went on to report, saying: “He came as far as to them, but he has not returned; and the driving is like the driving of Jeʹhu the grandson of Nimʹshi, for it is with madness that he drives.. . .

*** it-2 p. 23 Jehu *** As “the heaving mass” of Jehu’s horsemen and chariots came closer, the chariot driving of Jehu “with madness” identified him to the watchman on the tower.

• just fine
    just fine

Mine was born in response to family when I first left. Don't worry about me I'll be just fine.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Wow these are great!

It feels like we have got to know one another better while getting an insight into our thinking processes.

• lazyslob
    lazyslob

It´s just an accurate description of me.

• NoviceLocs14
    NoviceLocs14

First post here. My name comes from the simple, boring fact that I've been growing my first set of dreadlocks since 2014 (about a year after I DA'd).

It's probably a hairstyle that my parents (and most JDubs wouldn't quite approve of) ;)

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

I deal with ADD and I saw a PBS program on the subject. They was pushing a book called Totally ADD. So my first user name was Totally ADD. Several years later my computer died and when I got a new one and try to set up my account on the new one I could not find my password so I set up a new account. Had to change my account name so I came up with Still Totally ADD. Still Totally ADD

• EyesOpenHeartBroken
    EyesOpenHeartBroken

My username describes the cause and effect in my inner world upon fully realizing TTATT.

Unfortunately, three years later, I am still broken-hearted.

• Saethydd
    Saethydd

I have a fascination with Welsh culture that was born from reading the book Hood by Stephen R. Lawhead, so I picked the Welsh word for "archer" because my first foray into ex-JW territority was being done cautiously "from a distance" using the anonymity of the Internet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit