What is behind your choice of forum user name?

by stuckinarut2 116 Replies latest jw friends

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

Describes my temper and the reaction to the fact that the GB the bible the so called truth was all a hoax. I wanted to write the GB telling them to go F*** themselves and the elders of the cong. to piss up their backs. My wife and a few non -JW friends

advised me against the notion.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Programmed to believe the WT as Jehovah's organization was entitled to boss me and deny my right to make decisions about my life. Until the cog diss kicked in so hard, i couldn't make any more excuses for the crap going on. It became so obvious, if there was a God and he had an organization on earth, this corrupt bunch of hypocrites sure as hell was not it.

I stopped going in service - i asked myself, What am I really inviting people to do? I can't in good conscience invite anyone to become a part of this festering pile of BS. Soon as I skipped more and more meetings, the rusty wheels began to turn and independent thinking began. I realized i belong to ME, not the to the WT society.

Also, one of my grandmother's cousins was named Ione. I just changed the spelling.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

For many reasons I am FedUp with the crap being passed off as just the way it is in the "loving" organization. Too much lies, too much nepotism, too much BS!

The avatar indicates my opinion of the web site and their push for the latest, greatest gadgets.

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

Just something that I hope passes for humor,

I really need humor in order to get through this,

:)

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Everyone's replies are great!

Keep them coming.

It is so interesting to get an insight into how our minds work....

• Simon
    Simon
    What prompted or influenced your choice of username for this forum?

I guess a complete lack of imagination :(

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

haha Simon. I was wondering when you would reply to this thread.

• doubtfull1799
    doubtfull1799

Mine, of course, is a reference to the date that used to be what 1914 is now - the start of the time of the end or the last days.... the anti-1914 that has been whitewashed from Watchtower history so completely it didn't rate even one mention in the Proclaimers book or the new God's Kingdom Rules book (which does at least acknowledge 1877/88)

It reminds me of the old adage: "Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it."

The most recent Watchtower video that I commented on the other day again assures us that there could not possible be any other century which so perfectly fits the "sign." Yet 1799 reminds us that they thought the same things about the 19th Century. They were just as absolutely convinced (and wrong) as they are now!

• freddo
    freddo

Completely anonymous simple name that has no meaning whatsoever.

When I first joined/posted on here I was an elder and I thought everyone in "JWland" would be scouring every thread to find me, report me and DF me.

That was over 8 years ago ...

The only other slight link with reality is that "Freddo" is a very small two bite piece of chocolate by Cadbury's which when my kids were younger we would buy them as a little treat on the way home from school. It's also a frog of course ...

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjTuL-oncnUAhWMIsAKHd42AosQFghFMAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.telegraph.co.uk%2Fnews%2F2017%2F01%2F13%2Ffreddo-chocolate-bar-price-rise-30p%2F&usg=AFQjCNETjmvmagtOq2nrNqLNG6gC4w5WFQ

• jp1692
    jp1692

John Proctor is the main character in Arthur Miller's play "The Crucible," a partially fictionalized story of the Salem witch trials that took place in the Massachusetts Bay Colony during 1692/93.

In both the play and in reality, Proctor was falsely accused and convicted of witchcraft. The real John Proctor was hanged in August, 1692.

In my life, I was "hanged" (disfellowshipped as a JW) because I refused to say I believed in something which I did not. And so I thought the jp1692 appellation was appropriate.

My avatar is Daniel Day-Lewis from the 1996 movie version.

Quote: "Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet of them you have hanged! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; leave me my name!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit