What is behind your choice of forum user name?

by stuckinarut2 116 Replies latest jw friends

• no-zombie
    no-zombie

no-zombie ... because i'm just not like all the others

• hoser
    hoser

Mine started out as hosed which is a Canadian prairie term that means to be cheated, tricked or taken advantage of. Being raised a jw I most certainly was hosed.

When I was setting up the account my finger must have slipped up to the r on the keyboard and By divine providence I was logged in as hoser defined as an uncouth beer drinking Canadian. It pretty much sums up my personality.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

It's a long and sad story but my username came about as a direct result of not being allowed as a JW, to get a formal education. The only employment I was qualified for in the beginning was in a fast food restaurant. Many said I would be blessed by Jehovah for listening to the Governing Body and obeying the direction to forego higher education and sure enough, because of all the insight I had gained reading the AWAKE! magazine, I was eventually able to buy the place, name it after myself and start my own successful international restaurant chain. Maybe you've heard of it?

As time went by and my restaurant chain grew and grew, many then began saying that success would pull me right out of the Truth. I was puzzled by this because after all they had claimed that my success was a direct blessing for having been obedient. It has to be one thing or the other....how can they have it both ways?

It turns out they were right....just look where I've ended up !

-Pete

• millie210
    millie210

I wanted something that sounded very "blah" and would not identify me.

I liked the mill stone picture because we all know what their very own book (Bible) says about millstones and those who mistreat people. Those are the type cast "appointed men" whose galling behavior became the catalyst to make me look on the "wicked" internet to see if anyone else ever got mistreated by the elders.

Maybe? Possibly? LOL then I found all of you!

(Little did I know previous to being here, that being manhandled by the elders is the NORM rather than the oddity.)

Thats all worked out ok though. I have a new life, full of my own thoughts and actions and it is ambrosia for the soul!

I have reached the point where I would like to use my real name and picture, since I feel a part of this community but I still have possible repercussions to think about so I will be patient and just be "the one with the mill stone picture" for now.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

My alias was intended to be something of a geographical pointer.

In the part of the world where I grew up, "bungi" is a local word for a tree fern. I never did mind too much if people were able to identify me on here - they would just have to think a little "outside of the box" in order to do so!

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

descriptive

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I'm a doubtful JW, still a JW nonetheless.

Also, in coming to this forum, I'm quite doubtful of many here, but still continue to come and post often.

Either way, I'm... Doubtfully Yours.

DY

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I was in middle school (7th or 8th) grade, and I’m not sure whether it was a birthday or Christmas party or whatever, but since I wasn't allowed to participate, I was sent to the library to wait it out.

On the front desk of the school library, there was list of banned books/authors: Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain; Catcher in the Rye by JD Salinger; Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury; and even The Bible.

Also listed was banned author Kurt Vonnegut (I don’t remember what book he was banned for).

Anyway, Vonnegut caught my eye, I went over to the fiction section and picked up the bright-orange colored book, Breakfast of Champions.

The book was an absolute trip. I had no idea that books this crazy even existed.

I kept reading Vonnegut from then on.

When I first woke up to the fact that I was in a cult, I wondered to myself, What do I really believe?

I thought, I think I believe in the same thing as Vonnegut, whatever that was.

I Googled Kurt Vonnegut, saw he was a Secular Humanist and thought, Yup, I think this is what I believe in.

• longgone
    longgone

It was almost the first thing that popped into my mind. Perfect, even though it was only a few months, the subconscious already knew. 😆

• exjwlemming
    exjwlemming

I was heading towards the edge of the cliff and throwing my life away with all the other JW lemmings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit