What is behind your choice of forum user name?

by stuckinarut2 116 Replies latest jw friends

• KiwiBoy
    KiwiBoy

burnedout

I relate so much . Times have changed but the control continues. But yes that is where I found myself...burnt out and unable to continue....we are the same there mate!! User name? Well I am in NZ and I have been associated for many years. Many will remember me but times change. Still hanging in there!!!!

• James Brown
    James Brown

James Brown. I like music.

• vivalavida
    vivalavida
    In Spanish it means either: "Live Life" or the expression of acclaim "Long Live Life!", depending on the context. After leaving the JWs both meaning were suitable so, having Spanish as my first language, I just went with it because I was decided to be free and enjoy my life to the fullest!
  • Half banana
    Half banana

@ Wake, Stephen Letts has had to withdraw from giving any more talks at the summer conventions this year, he has severe sunburn on his tongue.

• Rather Be the Hammer
    Rather Be the Hammer

On a local forum I was Jael. The woman with the hammer, in the bible.

My nickname here is a line from a Simon and Garfunkel song El Condor Pasa: I'd rather be a hammer than a nail; yes I would, if I could, I surely would". I think you understand what I mean.

I don't want to be the one hammered on, don't want to be a nail anymore. I am the one with the hammer!

• committeechairman
    committeechairman

I am still in but mentally out, serving as a very prominent elder with a lot of responsibility outside the congregation. I end up being a COMMITTEECHAIRMAN many times, which in judicial situations I use to make sure people don't get disfellowshipped.

The Avatar is a picture of the actor Del Moore as Dr. Mortimer S. Warfield in the movie The Nutty Professor from the 1960's. I just think the picture is funny because it looks like every elder that takes himself so seriously and is basically ruining everyone else's life.

CC

• cognisonance
    cognisonance

Cognisonance = Cognitive Dissonance. I went through a lot of it when waking up.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Giordano Bruno 1548 – 17 February 1600.

He was a philosopher, mathematician, poet, and cosmological theorist. He is remembered for his cosmological theories, which conceptually extended the then novel Copernican model.
    in 1593, Bruno was tried for heresy by the Roman Inquisition on charges including denial of several core Catholic doctrines, including eternal damnation, the Trinity..........

The Inquisition found him guilty, and he was burned at the stake in Rome's Campo de' Fiori in 1600. After his death, he gained considerable fame, being particularly celebrated by 19th- and early 20th-century commentators who regarded him as a martyr for science.

There may be a blood connection....... if not....... our hearts are.

• Magnum
    Magnum

I wanted the name "Spock" because I love logic and clear thinking that is not tainted by emotion. However, that name was already taken.

"Magnum" comes from the movie "Zoolander", which, to me, was brilliant and should be considered great literature. The movie took a subject (fashion modeling and the world of fashion) and brilliantly spoofed it. The writers showed great insight and, to me, genius.

Magnum was the much anticipated "look" that the top model was to soon reveal - the look shown in my avatar. The movie depicted the world of fashion and modeling as being shallow and being all about looks and surface features with no depth.

That reminded me of JWdom. It is so shallow now. There is no depth. It's all about appearance. Scratch the surface and find nothing underneath.

• minimus
    minimus

Minimus ..., back in the day there was a poster named Maximus. He was so informative and interesting and I loved his posts. Since I was nothing like him I chose that name

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit