What is behind your choice of forum user name?

by stuckinarut2 116 Replies latest jw friends

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

The Pale Emperor is twofold... it's an album by Marilyn Manson, my favourite actually. I got into Marilyn Manson around the same time I started to notice the bullshit in the religion I was involved in.

Secondly, Roman Emperor Constantius Chlorus was the first emperor to openly declare that there are no gods. He was known as The Pale Emperor due to his complexion.

• Reopened Mind
    Reopened Mind

I began studying with Witness girls at school in my teens. I considered myself very open-minded back then. Unfortunately I was so open-minded as to let in all their propaganda. From that point on my mind shut to all but what was in Watchtower literature. Forty plus years later some cracks developed in my armor and I began opening my mind once again as I began learning "the truth about the truth". Hence, I reopened my mind.

Reopened Mind

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Mine, neatbluedog, is an anagram of double agent, seeing as I'm still in.

• Unstuck
    Unstuck

Have to weigh in here - well since stuck is stuck and stuck is my hubby then I can't be Mrs Stuck - I had to be Unstuck.

And I'm feeling more Unstuck and more liberated with every new wonderful day.

Love and light to all 😘

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Desirous of Change -- that should tell you something about my thinking when I boldly joined this site.

Today, it would be Doubtful of Change.

Or maybe Damned Old Cult

So...........just call me Doc

• amicabl
    amicabl

Perhaps a suitable time to make my first post. A somewhat reticent person, my name, amicabl, which I use all over the Internet is an abbreviated composite of my real name. I have decided to make my appearance here for two reasons. So that I may contribute something perhaps meaningful when I feel motivated to and so that I can lay down some clues for the watchtower IT KGB who I am convinced do monitor these sites looking for "apostates" for their masters. I hope they find me and I am interested to see how long it takes. My only concern at present is to free my loving wife of 45 years (another clue) from the wt madness. Although I may not know you personally I appreciate the advice and humour that I have found here and at other sites and I wish I had waken up a lot sooner. Thank You.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Welcome amicabl!

Its great to have you here!

• Jaidubdub
    Jaidubdub
    i was inactive for a while when I came across this forum by accident (ironically I used google to find the official JW site and came across this site). My plan was always to become active again, but there was some things that just didn't make sense & I couldn't put my finger on it. After several months of reading this forum, it all started to fall into place as I began to 'join the dots'. I was pretty angry and depressed as the blinkers came off and I was also worried of being identified, so I came up with Jaidubdub.
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Mine was chosen essentially randomly and has no relevance to me whatsoever. When I signed up I was pretty paranoid about being found out and subjected to the kangaroo court.

• keinlezard
    keinlezard

Hello,

keinlezard ... from German ... no lizard ( my first name on forums and news groups .. but lost my yahoo account :( )

I don't know if you ( english or German too ) have this expression but in France we translate "kein lezard" or "no lizard" by "pas de lézard" and that mean "there is no problem" just because I am really cool ... "There is no problem only solution " :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit