What is behind your choice of forum user name?

by stuckinarut2 116 Replies latest jw friends

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

Well, I'm still a JW but have gone "rogue" as it were, thus the username.

• Schnufti
    Schnufti

Schnufti was the teddybear of the author of the book "Goodbye Jehovah".

• undercover
    undercover

I was still somewhat 'in' when I joined, but had doubts and was questioning everything. And thus scared shitless about being found out. So I had to stay undercover as much as possible.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Depending on context 'anders' can mean 'different' or '(or) else' in my native language (Dutch).

'Andersen' means 'son of Anders'.

So I'm Different (exjw in a JW social circle), son of Different (my dad was a new recruit, the only jw in his family).

I'm really something else :-D

Also it's a quite common Scandinavian name, which I liked because I love Norway (although I later realized Anders(en) both as first name and family name is typical Danish, not Norse).

By strange coincidence my child later got a present: a little book titled 'Anders is leuk' ('Anders is nice' / 'Different is fun') that tells a story how you should be yourself instead of forcing yourself to be like others, even if other make fun of you at first. Sounds familiar?

Fun fact related to names and Denmark: My real first name is also Danish (and Polish) slang for pimp. So I learned at at an international convention in Copenhagen I visited.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Thanks Anders! (or shall I say Alfonso??)

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

Well my name is self explanatory. I thought of a few different names but decided to run it by one of my friends on this forum as to which one was best.

For many many years now, I, like many others have felt shackled and chained to a publishing corporation that uses fear tactics to keep its members. There is no freedom to leave without consequences. I have a lot of family and friends who are in this high control group and know the impact that I would face if I left officially. I have in the past faded or at least tried to fade, but even this was causing stress at home.....some beginning to avoid coming up as they usually did etc. The whole social aspect to this high control religion is so conditional its laughable.

Hence I am 'hoping' that one day I will have the freedom to leave (just as I did with my old religion before joining jw.org) without fear of being shunned by loved ones.

• All or nothing
    All or nothing

My name reflects my personality that whatever I believe I have to whole heartedly believe - if I don't believe it anymore - then I can't - it becomes nothing to me. I've resolved that I'm Probably just screwed up from our black and white upbringing, as I am a born in

• Half banana
    Half banana

Bananas and humans are Eukaryotes that is multi celled life-forms. At the crudest level of popular science it is now said that we share 50% of our genes with bananas. But comparisons are virtually meaningless, bananas have more protein coding genes than humans do and quantity of gene sequences do not result in biological complexity. If you compare numbers of DNA sequences then the 50% figure is unlikely to be true but if we compare the basic biochemistry of cells of bananas with humans, it is found that we have similar requirements. Since herbaceous plants, such as banana, and Homo sapiens evolved from the same source and share functional cell maintenance and replication genes, we can say we are all half banana. I liked that thought.

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

@Half banana Ray Comfort's head just exploded.

• Half banana
    Half banana

@Wake, I hope it has! but then evangelists are at least 90% vegetable to start with.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit