Material such as the film at the end of this years convention confirms that I was right to take my kids out the religion

by jambon1 97 Replies latest jw friends

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

It's really the PIMI's I really start to worry about.

It's like some people can't see the forest through the trees. Makes you wonder what lengths they might go to. Scarey.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

During my brief time as PIMO*, a friend of my oldest son (who was probably 7 or 8 at the time) answered at the Watchtower study:

"My friends at school are bad and Jehovah is going to kill them."

Before being PIMO, I would have let that comment wash over my head. But in that moment I knew, without a doubt, that I had to get my children out of that toxic mess. That a 7 or 8 year old boy was GIVEN that answer by his parents and the WT Study Conductor's response was "that's right" shows up dangerous this cult is to young minds in particular.

10 years later, I'm out, my kids are out with little to no damage.

However, the young boy who made that comment is still in, but his Facebook shows photos of him and the friends Jehovah hates drinking Buckfast, throwing gang signs, etc. Lovely.

This video is incredibly dangerous.

*Took me a while to figure out what the fuck that meant!

• cantleave
    cantleave

Good Grief!! What did I just watch? The religion has always been manipulative and bat-shit crazy, but this is just incredulous. I am so pleased that we got our kids out as well, it's a total mind fuck.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    breakfast of championsa day agoa day ago
    Wow. . . I'm so sorry I watched that. . .
    Surprised it didn't say "A Leni Reifenstahl Production" at the end.

BOC sums it up perfectly!

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i think the jesus and archery bit is a bit far fetched....much more modern and realistic if he zapped them all with a death-ray.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I am sure that this last video for the day will be the highlight of the convention ~ Sour Grapes

Of course it will! By the end of the last session, most JWs won't remember a damn thing said for the previous 2-3 days. Many will have been wandering the halls to keep awake or visit with friends or "serve" as attendants (or any other position to get the OUT of the convention sessions). Many will have snoozed through much of the session. The highlight of the day for most JWs is visiting at lunch and heading off for Burgers and Booze as soon as it's over!

Ask any JW what they thought was the highlight of the convention (or public talk, or WT Study) and watch as the "deer in the headlight" expression appears on their face. They won't remember a damn thing about it!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The leaders of the WTS have made up a pretty good endeavor to not only lure people toward its published literature and into their religion but to also make people stay as well by using the psychological catalyst of fear.

They professed that Jesus has returned as he prophesied (1914), then state that he is selecting out those who he's going to destroy and those who he's going save from destruction.

Then they make the implication that people in their organization who participate in service etc. will be the ones to survive because they are the most righteously devoted to Jehovah's will and purpose..

They state that their organization alone is his solemnly chosen earthly organization.

The problem with the endeavor as a whole is that the WTS has identified themselves through Scripture as false Prophets by Jesus's own definition as he also instructed to stay away from false Prophets.

So JWs are in no better position than any other practicing Christians, maybe worse.

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

Given the accuracy of their past predictions, I still think I would go with option B: run and hide. Even David (their favorite go to guy) ran and hid in the mountains when Saul was after him and pretended to be crazy another time when dealing with the Philistines. It was well done though. I wonder if my wife will even mention it to me...

Wouldn't 2 or 3 guys with baseball bats be enough? Why need any military when they are just going to stand around waiting for Jesus to show up with his bow?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Yes and sadly Jesus has aged a lot over the past 2000 years, he's all white and wrinkled now an old man, shame he didn't come down to earth earlier and went after Satan when he was younger.

Procrastination effects all of us I guess

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

I missed this post, marking for later.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit