Material such as the film at the end of this years convention confirms that I was right to take my kids out the religion

by jambon1 97 Replies latest jw friends

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

This is the official standpoint of modern JWs about the end of governments

Enemies are ...called governments and there supporters!... included are opposers because they not submit to the kingdom preached of the cult and it's colporteurs

..if one not submitted to JWs they are Opposers..not only nonbelievers ...good news of Armageddon

News.:. if Jehovah's uses magic tools like bow and arrow to fight isn't this a sign that all the stuff is made up?

The Bible’s answer

The battle of Armageddon refers to the final war between human governments and God. These governments and their supporters oppose God even now by refusing to submit to his rulership. (Psalm 2:2) The battle of Armageddon will bring human rulership to an end.—Daniel 2:44.

The word “Armageddon” occurs only once in the Bible, at Revelation 16:16. Prophetically, Revelation shows that at “the place that is called in Hebrew Armageddon,” “the kings of the entire inhabited earth” will be gathered “together to the war of the great day of God the Almighty.”—Revelation 16:14.

Who will fight at Armageddon? Jesus Christ will lead a heavenly army to victory over God’s enemies. (Revelation 19:11-16, 19-21) These enemies include those who oppose God’s authority and who treat God with contempt.—Ezekiel 39:7.

Will Armageddon literally be fought in the Middle East? No. Rather than being restricted to one area, the battle of Armageddon will encompass the whole earth.—Jeremiah 25:32-34; Ezekiel 39:17-20.

Armageddon, sometimes rendered “Har–Magedon” (Hebrew Har Meghiddohnʹ), means “Mountain of Megiddo.” Megiddo was once a city in the territory of ancient Israel. History tells of decisive battles that were fought in its vicinity, including some that are recorded in the Bible. (Judges 5:19, 20; 2 Kings 9:27; 23:29) However, Armageddon cannot refer to the literal area near ancient Megiddo. There is no large mountain there, and even the entire adjoining Low Plain of Jezreel could not contain all those who will fight against God. Instead, Armageddon is the worldwide situation in which the nations assemble in their last stand against rule by God.

What will conditions be like during the battle of Armageddon? While we do not know how God will use his power, he will have at his disposal weapons such as those he has used in the past—hail, earthquake, flooding downpour, fire and sulfur, lightning, and disease. (Job 38:22, 23; Ezekiel 38:19,22; Habakkuk 3:10, 11; Zechariah 14:12) In confusion, at least some of God’s enemies will kill each other, yet they will ultimately realize that it is God who is fighting against them.—Ezekiel 38:21,23; Zechariah 14:13.

Will Armageddon be the end of the world? It will not be the end of our planet, since the earth is mankind’s eternal home. (Psalm 37:29; 96:10;Ecclesiastes 1:4) Rather than destroying humanity, Armageddon actually saves it, because “a great crowd” of God’s servants will survive.—Revelation 7:9, 14; Psalm 37:34.

Besides referring to the earth, though, the word “world” in the Bible sometimes refers to wicked human society opposed to God. (1 John 2:15-17) In this sense, Armageddon will bring “the end of the world.”—Matthew 24:3, King James Version.

When will Armageddon take place? When discussing the “great tribulation” that culminates in the battle of Armageddon, Jesus said: “Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father.” (Matthew 24:21, 36) Nevertheless, the Bible does show that Armageddon takes place during Jesus’ invisible presence, which began in 1914.—Matthew 24:37-39.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Ok, now that I'm back home, I've managed to watch the video.

HAVE THEY ABSOLUTELY LOST THEIR MINDS?!!!

If this doesn't cause more people to take up then i'll be very surprised.

• steve2
    steve2

Jw organization is homophobic. Period.

All the organization's videos about homosexuality are about homosexuals in which individuals talk about them not to them.

Not one video shows JWs engaging in conversation with homosexuals.

Two examples:

Sophie's mother talks to her about "some people" (we know who she is talking about the two moms) and she encourages Sophie to talk to her class mate (who has two mothers) about paradise and playing with the animals.

Example two:

A young JW woman brings home some (wordly) friends. Her JW father tells one of the friends (whose parents are gay) that JWs follow Bible standards that forbid homosexuality.

Again, talking about homosexuals - not talking to them.

Meanwhile, the JW father did not inquire about the marital status of the parents of his daughter's other friends (e.g., de facto? divorced on nonbiblical grounds?) Not a word.

Until the organization produces videos in which JWs interact and actually talk with "homosexuals", the charge of homophobia remains in place.

And the recent JW organization video in which one of the GB helpers talked about ensuring proper dress codes for men otherwise "they" (i.e., homosexuals) could be mixing in "our company".

If this is not homophobia, what is? Compare this with the exact way JW organization talks about apostates" The very same emphasis on talking about but not to them. I call this apostaphobia.

I welcome any evidence that supports the contrary view that JW organization is not homophobic (that does not include verbal or written claims they make that they are not homophobic).

• careful
    careful

One thing about the video hit me. The GB feel that the org is being besieged. In their minds the child abuse legal cases are draining them of money. Inner org leaks are feeding their "classified" documents to Satan's world. Growth in most western lands is stagnant or negative. Opposers are organized like never before in online forums, and they have been coming into meetings in groups and really disrupting them, making videos of it all, and then posting such encounters online. The GB have not encountered these sorts of things much before, do not know what to do, and are looking for divine rescue.

I also noticed the absence of little children in the group "under attack." Teenagers were there, but no little ones. What's up with that?

• Listener
    Listener
    —hail, earthquake, flooding downpo ur, fire and sulfur, lightning, and disease.

Thats way too hard to visualise in a movie, men with guns is much easier.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

looking at the video, they didn't need to get so close to start shooting. Jesus would have been too late. Just saying.

• zeb
    zeb

"nobody inside the organisation that this kind of material could trigger fear, deprsssion, anxiety, stress. "

correct and the gb don't give a damn about the casualties the more the misery the more their power as others see some fall they are pulled further into line.

What a despicable organisation.

I haven't seen the video concerned but do the bad guys wear a recognisable uniform?

• Captain Schmideo2
    Captain Schmideo2

StephaneLaliberte:
    No. The are wearing military camo, and wearing balaclavas.

Screen cap:

• Captain Schmideo2
    Captain Schmideo2

Another screen cap:

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

There is no doubt or question the WTS. is a fear mongering apocalyptic religious publishing house.

...and no its not psychologically healthy for children to consume just like many parts of the bible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit