Material such as the film at the end of this years convention confirms that I was right to take my kids out the religion

by jambon1 97 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82

Then people with guns appeared and they were surrounded. What the hell was that all about? It looked scary realistic.

There's an awful lot, a disproportionate amount, of JWs with serious emotional issues, psychological issues, paranoid fantasies, etc.

A constant diet of anxiety-producing videos (available for repeated viewings on their Broadcasting site) showing "scary-looking bad guys pointing guns at JWs & their children" will almost certainly cause some JWs to snap and do God-knows-what.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

One of the really troubling things about the video for me was the casual juxtaposition of everyday life with extermination imagery.

On the one hand you have a young man who walks out of a cinema, premuably because his Watchtower trained conscience told him he better stop watching the movie, or else get in trouble with Jehovah/the elders/other JWs.

Next thing you know the JWs are trying to hide in the woods, but get surrounded by men with guns, and the only way out is if Jesus and the angels save them.

The message is, you better obey us in every small aspect of your life, including leisure time at the cinema, or who knows what will happen to you.

Irony:

Whatever the guy was watching at the cinema, it probably wasn’t as manipulatively violent and emotionally abusive as the video he was taking part in producing.

• humbled
    humbled
    The message is, you better obey us in every small aspect of your life, including leisure time at the cinema, or who knows what will happen to you.

Exactly. Their criminal destruction of normal perceptions of reality is made plain in this film.

• mentalclarity
    mentalclarity

This video is crazy. I kind of chuckle to myself when I think of how self absorbed and deluded JWs are. I mean, honestly, NOBODY cares about JWs. No one is going after them, no one is signaling them out specifically (Russia is pretty much against anyone not Orthodox Christian- Homosexuals are also targeted so they must also be the chosen ones following the JW logic...)

People in the US barely even know who JWs are, let alone would invest any time/effort/money to stopping them. The persecution is totally in their head and mixed with their own delusions of grandeur.

This religion just keeps getting nuttier- hope these videos help more wake up.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

My wife's father is NOT going to be okay with this. The man skipped all the parts in the Bible that were too violent, including Jesus' death. He would fast forward through drama tapes that they'd listen too. Of course, it's not like he's going to leave, but it will get to him.

Dubs are raising their emotional propaganda game. They'll drive a few away, and drive most deeper in.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    Aside from blatant homophobia, the scenes at the end of the convention that are discussed on another thread stoop to new levels of fear mongering.

You did do the right thing in keeping your family away from them. The homophobia thing is what many of those religions use as an easy way of getting people to agree with them. There was a time where almost every single Christian religion was united in that one thing, which was, hatred for the LGBT. That seemed to be the only thing that they all agreed on.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I know that they can make others think twice before endorsing the fear mongering and hatred in the name of a "loving god".

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    slimboyfat - "...it’s also why JWs have such poor retention, because young adults often leave church for a few years and come back in middle age. But JWs who leave at 20, come back at 30 only to find 1) their former congregation gone/merged/ moved 2) songs totally changed 3) no print material any more 4) wacky bunker and terrorist videos and 5) the governing body everywhere telling them to obey odd instructions or die. So they turn around and straight back out the door..."

LOL jeezus, yeah... put it that way, who the fuck wouldn't???

Seriously though; they really don't provide a whole lot on incentive to step back into the fold, do they?

Like I keep saying, it's almost like they want to prune out the non-zealots.

slimboyfat - "...I think the bunker video, and now this terrorist video, are good evidence of the organisation in collapse. It gives an insight into the mentality of those in charge. They are totally overwhelmed by scandals and financial problems. They now feel surrounded with no way out apart from angelic intervention."

If not full-on collapse, then at least decline.

And I've noticed more and more people here willing to seriously consider that possibility... grudgingly or otherwise.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

My wife's father is NOT going to be okay with this. The man skipped all the parts in the Bible that were too violent, including Jesus' death. He would fast forward through drama tapes that they'd listen too. Of course, it's not like he's going to leave, but it will get to him.

What a shame for him. Being a follower of a book so violent DeSade would have blushed.

I read all about the scourging and the crowning with thorns and I could viddy myself helping in and even taking charge of the tolchocking and the nailing in, being dressed in the height of Roman fashion. I didn't so much like the latter part of the book, which is more like all preachy talking than fighting and the old in-out. I liked the parts where these old yahoodies tolchock each other and then drink their Hebrew vino, and getting onto the bed with their wives' handmaidens. That kept me going. - Alex Droog from A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess.

• Captain Schmideo2
    Captain Schmideo2

Alex DeLarge, actually. I should know; see my avatar!

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    A phobia is a type of anxiety disorder, defined by a persistent and excessive fear of an object or situation. The phobia typically results in a rapid onset of fear and is present for more than six months.

wintesses are not phobic regarding homosexuals. They in no way meet the definition of a phobia. They do, however, hold to their bronze religious belief that homosexual behavior earns gods disfavor and eventual death. That may be backwards, judgmental, and distasteful but its not “phobic”.

Also, the religion is not collapsing. Who could guess i would take that position????? The facts are:

2016- 8,340,847 1.8% increase over 2015

2017- 8,457,107 1.4% increase over 2016

thats not collapse. Thats slow growth. Yes slim, compared to the hayday its nothing, i agree. Its a decline compared to old days... but facts are facts, no matter how hard you try to avoid them. They are still slowly growing, despite the around 40 or 50k a year who leave, die or are df’d.

so with my obligatory rant aside, that video is twisted and sick. I tend to agree with the view that they want to prune off some of the dead weight. I dont think they view it that way per say, but they cleary want the faithful deep in the fold mentally and if that drives away fence sitters so be it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit