Material such as the film at the end of this years convention confirms that I was right to take my kids out the religion

by jambon1 97 Replies latest jw friends

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

JAMBON1:

I walked away from the JW religion years ago, BEFORE they went bat-shit crazy. I just couldn’t stand the attitudes and could not continue any longer.

But, now, from what I can gather, it’s not wholesome mentally with these dark and gloomy persecution videos designed to play on fears and emotions.

• JunkYardDog
    JunkYardDog

it's always been clear jw's hate gays, I have no problem with gay people, what you do in your bedroom is your business. As for the numbers I'll never believe anything the wts says, I Live in New York City, and I've been seeing less and less jw's over the last 20 years or so. even a few KH'S sold off, how do they sell off KH's in the big city, if they have an increase in membership?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    even a few KH'S sold off, how do they sell off KH's in the big city, if they have an increase in membership?

Decreasing numbers of congregations, and KHs closing are no indication of JW decline, according to Morph-logic. It’s principle number 3 in the collapse deniers’ charter.

• cofty
    cofty

The siege mentality is clearly being ramped up. It is a common feature of groups who are in trouble to fixate on a real or imagined enemy.

It was what led to the end game at Wako and at Jonestown. This sort of video contributes to an escalator of paranoia that is likely to end badly. For the first time I actually fear for the future of JWs.

• jambon1
    jambon1

I agree that many JW’s are mentally unstable, paranoid or just plain fucking weird. Obsessed with illness, negativity and fear.

No wonder when they’re punting out this shit.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Cofty above brought up a good point. This type of "End Game" induced mentality is EXACTLY the type of crap Jim Jones and Koresh used right before they circled the wagons one last time for a "Last Stand." Could they actually call the truly elite faithful up to WT HQ, to ride it out thru the Great Tribulation and Big A? Nothing would surprise me at this point, NOTHING.

SIDEBAR: JW's depiction of an elite paramilitary fighting force is really lame. The rifles are just "ok", and the sights are the cheapest crap available, certainly not Trijicon, Vortex, or NightForce quality. Uniforms are years behind and seemingly incomplete as well. However, I assume they did this to look about "Generic Paramilitary" as they could for the Sheeple around the world.

Truly, they have ramped up the "Crazy."

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

My mother is one of those people who'd strap a bomb to herself and walk into an arena if a GB member told her to. Videos like these thought up by cult leaders always result badly.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And they think Satanism is bad? (I am not referring to cults that abuse Satan's name--such as those scum that practice animal cruelty in the name of Satan, but the pure form.) In pure Satanism, valuable life is treated with respect and those who set out to ruin it and enslave innocent people are the ones that are scorned.

Does it sound like homosexuals are setting out to ruin it for innocent people? Even those who "tolerate" the existence of homosexuality are bashed--to me, it sounds like it's the washtowel that is trying to enslave people, not gay people. And Satanists are not urged to set up bunkers as if the whole world is going to get them--that is what the jokehovians get for banning people from working with external energies. Without any ability to use black magic to defend oneself or to exact justice, they are vulnerable to whatever enemies seek to hurt them. And, no bunker is going to do any good.

For the record, true Satanism does accept gay and bisexual people as perfectly legit. And it matters not whether someone has multiple partners. Try that with jokehovianism.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

It seems to occur to nobody inside the organisation that this kind of material could trigger fear, deprsssion, anxiety, stress.

I respectfully disagree. They know EXACTLY what they are doing. The more depressed, the more anxious, the more stressed one can keep others the more easily they can be manipulated. (IMO) Depression causes a loss of hope among other symptoms, and then WT fills that void with their "hope". Anxiety has a negative effect on a person, and along trots WT with their version of the "cure". And of course they have the WT mantra of, all your stress will be gone "soon" when you are petting cobras and lions in the nu-wurld.

All a person has to do is listen to them talk. Everything these days is gloom and doom, and poor pitiful persecuted us. They can see no light, no good, and nothing positive anywhere in their daily lives. If you do you will be treated like a leper because you just HAVE to have lost your "faith" and fallen prey to the wicked world if you do not buy into their daily ration of misery.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I get that people like my wife have to be ready on their own to get out of the religion.
    But I have to fully agree with the idea of the opening post. If I had kids, I would do whatever was necessary to get them out of this dangerous mind-control cult.

The video clearly tells viewers: Stand up for JW teachings no matter how difficult that is and the heavenly army will save you when attacked at the horrible time right around the next corner.

That is just so much pressure on people, based on their lie of over a hundred years now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit