Material such as the film at the end of this years convention confirms that I was right to take my kids out the religion

by jambon1 97 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I agree it is worrying.

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

I am sure that this last video for the day will be the highlight of the convention. Well, at least somehow the JDubs got out of the basement bunker with the doors blocked by soldiers. So they went from hiding to proudly being in the middle of an open field like they are begging to be found.

I don't think the soldiers have a chance against Jesus with his bow and arrow.

I feel sorry for the children who have to watch the video. They will be scared and emotionally scarred.

The Borg is getting better at their fearmongering and pulling the heartstring videos.

• Gayle
    Gayle

I have been out of org a few decades. But I can't imagine my young children then seeing such a production. Most parents don't allow their young children to watch "gun" movies, let alone ones with "automatic" guns. Then, it would have to be explained to the children that the unimpressive "bow and arrow" of God would be more powerful somehow- ? The music was depressive of course, kind of a death march. Young children growing up with this visual depressive content and fear for their future is abusive. The Governing Body are extremely insensitive to children and most never had any children themselves.

• pbrow
    pbrow

That video is impressive!

It will certainly have the intended affect.

My kids still have to go to the meetings / assemblies with their mother. I enjoy helping them to see around this kind of propaganda.

Little do the die hards realize that even though michael or jesus is drawing an imaginary bow to fight for them, they are still going to die.

Epic video, very emotional

pbrow

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

I've just watched this for the first time and my wife and kids are still in.

I've deeply troubled as to the message this is portraying to my kids.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

I've said something like this on a thread about 3 years ago, when they were just starting to ramp-up this fear mongering. Young minds of children particulary 4-13 are highly impressionable.

And, where these slick bastards stick this ''dreadful'' video right at the end. Where it burns on people's minds, particular young minds who are very impressionable, influential. At the end, where it's the last thing you remember from the convention. All that terrible music too, blaaaaa, bllaaaaa......

Child baptism is what they want. ''Baptize or die''' something like that lately somewhere. Children think ((((ohhhhh know I have to get babptized here soon, I don't want to die at the big A))))) (( I better get with it))

These slick bastards see the trend of people leaving the Borg, they'r hemhoraging people. Manipulating young minds is a way to it.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

This video is worse that the last video of the 2016 Remain Loyal conventions. Again ''siege'' mentality. Maybe it's what's really happening to the Borg, lawsuits, all kinds of litigation and what not.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    They must be worried, they are becoming shrill.
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Yes they are shrill, because they are facing a crisis that threatens the very existence of the organisation, due to scandals, no money, incredible doctrines, poor leadership...

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Wt has appeared unsustainable for years now but have manage to hold on but then again businesses that appear unsustainable usually are. Time will tell.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit