Just ask simple questions and make street witnesses move along

by OnTheWayOut 97 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Call it what you want....metropolitan witnessing, street witnessing or door to door witnessing!  WT labels all baptized JWs as bona-fide and genuine ordained ministers of God's Holy Bible.  

Regardless of the age of the JW Witness (whether 9 years old or 99 years old), he/she should by WT's standards be fit to defend the Truth found in the Bible regardless of the informal setting he finds himself.  That's why they refer to themselves as ordained Ministers.    

So those of you who feel these young greenhorn amateurs were at a disadvantage....take it up with these kids 'Mother' (WTBTS) who put them there!!!

All the cameraman was proving was how unfit most JW's are in defending the 'Good News'!

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

So those of you who feel these young greenhorn amateurs were at a disadvantage....take it up with these kids 'Mother' (WTBTS) who put them there!!!

Exactly....Take the video camera to the WTBTS Headquarters. Why bully and publicly humiliate the victims while the responsible ones hide behind the walls of a giant publishing house?

All the cameraman was proving was how unfit most JW's are in defending the 'Good News'!

We know nothing about these individuals except what the cameraman chose to show us. The only thing he proved is what a coward and a bully he is and how these decent folks recognized a no win situation and they wisely chose to remove themselves from it.  Why should they have to defend anything to someone who is obviously a bully with an agenda ?

9 years old or 99 years old ...ordained or not....they didn't deserve to be treated this way. Whether the cameraman likes it or not they should be able to stand on the sidewalk without being harassed and they should be free to choose whether they want to be interviewed on camera or not.  It is very telling of a person to see how he treats those who are at a disadvantage to him. He knows JW's to be kindly as a rule and their message a peaceable one. I'd like to see him try this with any other group he might see assembled on a city sidewalk. (International Longshoreman's Association, Black Nationalists) . As much as he may disagree with their agenda or dislike their message, my guess is he'd be too much of a coward to pull a stunt like this on any other group except  JW's or possibly a group of Girl Scouts.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

We saw how these decent folks recognized a no win situation and the best chose to remove themselves from it. 

There`s nothing decent about JW`s "Participating" in WBT$  Activities..

They`r e looking for Recruits to Support a Genocidal Organization..

That Will Tear Your Family Apart While They Wait For Your Death..

Regardless of how you try to "White Wash" JWs  "PARTICIPATING" in WBT$ Activities..

They`re Still..          

EVIL in a SUIT..

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

EVIL in a SUIT..

...Recruits to Support a Genocidal Organization..                           

Genocide: The systematic murder or destruction of a national, ethnic, racial, or religious group. 

Genocidal...really ??  Granted there was a lot of damage done but in all my decades as a JW I never saw anything close to what could be categorized as systematic murder or destruction of anything .

Exaggerate much Outlaw? 

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Genocidal...really ??  Granted there was a lot of damage done but in all my decades as a JW I never saw anything close to what could be categorized as systematic murder or destruction of anything .

Exaggerate much Outlaw?

The WBT$ Supports the Genocide of Everyone but Loyal WBT$ JW`s..

What do you think Loyal WBT$ JW`s Preach about Armageddon?!..

At Armageddon..

The WBT$ God is going to give all "non JWs" a Coupon for a Bucket of Chicken and a Dozen Beer?!..

If your going to Identify Yourself as a "WBT$  JW Soldier" and Set Up Shop in a Public Area..

Don`t Whine when your Publicly Exposed for Supporting an Evil Organization...

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Cant say i'm impressed with having a camera phone shoved in your face and be expected to "perform" on demand. If he wanted to interview them he could have filmed himself asking if it was ok to film them and respected their wishes, he could then have dropped it down to voice recording option again with their consent if they had said no to video.

No they didnt do very well did they, but not many 18 - 25 year olds could in their shoes, I'd have done a better job at their age, but the camera isnt going to help with recall or thinking on your feet unless you are used to having  your life filmed on a regular basis.

• rebel8
    rebel8

@ first while watching the vids, I was thinking it's mean to confront them in this way.

We've been in fs ourselves with argumentative householders and know how uncomfortable that is. But that's not necessarily that other person's fault--it's because our beliefs were inaccurate and we just didn't like fs.

The longer I watched, I realized this is probably a really good idea.

Granted, other strategies have the potential to reach more people, but this one has promise too. They are on a public street, so as long as you're polite and behaving legally, giving them pressure can discourage them from this activity, thus preventing poisoning more minds. And maybe a few passersby might hear and benefit as well.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

While nobody has accused me of defending the actions of the man with the camera, I want to be clear and state that I am not defending them.  I am showing his video for the purpose of making the point in the title.  I strongly disagree with doing things that feed their persecution complex, but when people do it anyway, we can see the result.  

I have, on occasion, asked questions of JW's on the street and they cannot really provide answers.  Good questions make them leave.  And the point here is that the new style of cart witnessing brings a new style of dodging confrontation of any sort.  I find the questions about "creation" very appropriate and only the camera itself inappropriate.  In the second video, I don't think JW's should open the Kingdom Hall to that homeless man, but asking a JW about that subject should have caused him to defend Watchtower charitable acts or go into a speech about how they are bringing a permanent solution to problems versus the temporary solution of "handouts" or YADDA YADDA YADDA, but that JW was just there to get his time in and had no real training or thoughts on the matters.  

I would say that it would have been better were the camera hidden, perhaps even the face of the JW's hidden.  Regardless of how we feel about the use of the camera, it was used to reveal what these cart witnesses do when asked questions.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

OH, I would also say that, in defense of what rebel8 stated above, if some people did not want JW's in a particular place, I would defend the use of cameras and questions to make them consider just relocating.  

In other words, I am against randomly approaching them with camera in hand which feeds their thoughts that people persecute them.  But if the purpose of the camera was to make them abandon a particular area, especially one that included residents and/or businesses that depend on pedestrian traffic, then I am okay with that and even think it's a good idea.

I know- mixed answer.  But these people can really get to you.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

When JWs sell their brand of "truth"  on street corners, they should be well prepared for questions.

If you can't stand the heat get out of the damn kitchen.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit