Just ask simple questions and make street witnesses move along

by OnTheWayOut 97 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great find Blondie!

Yes, he really had not even read that article himself!

(He was probably just keen to spend time with the pretty blond sister...That was their first date!) 

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

He don't even know, what the website (he is promoting) says:

http://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/creationism-belief/

Age of the earth. Some creationists teach that the earth is just a few thousand years old. However, according to the Bible, the earth and the universe existed before the six days of creation. (Genesis 1:1) For that reason, Jehovah’s Witnesses have no objection to credible scientific research that indicates the earth may be billions of years old.

1. FadeToBlack
      FadeToBlack
      Brilliant work Alex (voice behind the video). The scary thing for me was how well trained the 'Trolley Cart Supervisor' was. Move away, move away. Why? And Alex wasn't even that confrontational. In other words, don't ask questions (that we don't like).
    2. cappytan
      cappytan

If I were Alex, I would invest in one of these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Eyewear-Video-Voice-Recorder-HD-Mobile-Spy-Glasses-Camera-DV-DVR-1280-720-30fps-/261736621928

I would be interested in how they would react when they didn't realize he was recording. 

(Probably not any differently, but I bet the mental gymnastics would go on longer.)

3. _Morpheus
      _Morpheus

On a personal level i didnt appreciate the clowns who went into the kh and passed out pamphlets, making asses of themselves in the process...

This had a much different feel. I had no problem at all with the manor of approach or the general way he carried it out.  As a small critique, when he cited a labratory experiment that made something from nothing and the young man said "no it didnt" it devolved into a very childish "yes it did" "no it didnt" thing with no evidance or logic either way.  Aside from that brief moment all i saw was a guy asking a young man why he felt as he did, something every witness SHOULD welcome!  Instead these three were extremly ill prepared and embarrassed themselves.  It may well have some done good for the younger one in fact. Bravo. I wish when he was reasoning with him regarding all the other gods men have made up he would have brought that full circle!  He had the you man admitting (as any witness would) that zeus and other gods et all are fabrications of man...he needed to simply spring the trap and ask WHY or WHAT PROOF he had that the desert god was different than zeus or appolo and let him twist around trying to explain.

Unfortunatly i thought his choices of topic for the second video was rather ill concived. Laying responsiblity on any one religious group or specific person of a religious group for a lone particular homeless man is, frankly, ignorant.  If he used that one man as a general example and asked what witnesses do to help others in general perhaps it would have made some impact in highlighting the lack of love for fellow man but even at that it would have been difficult.  Again, i respect that he wasnt overly confrontational about it and he did move on to another topic but that bit just didnt work anywhere near as well as simply questioning them about why they believed as they do regarding the cover of the mag they were offering.

4. GrreatTeacher
      GrreatTeacher

The JW in the first video actually seemed like a nice guy.

The one in the second video seemed like a condescending, holier-than-thou, pompous ass. He has a great future in the organization.

5. cofty
      cofty

Fair observations Morpheus.

I look forward to seeing my local JWs with this topic on their trollies.

6. clarity
      clarity

Amazingly this is watchtowers way of "being at it urgently"!

In the rush to escape the questions they left a sad trail of cowardice behind them! There was no pride in themselves, no feel of accomplishment ..........yes move along, move along nothing to see here.

Shame on you watchtower, your people have no possible way to defend themselves because you are scam artists pushing rehashed lies!

clarity 

7. OnTheWayOut
      OnTheWayOut
      I can't reply to everyone, but thanks for all the great thoughts.  I don't really agree that Watchtower (or any church) should just let the homeless person sleep at their place of recruitment, but the point really was that these particular JW's did not have any thoughts ready, no idea how to form thoughts to discuss, had no desire to engage in discussion or debate.  Easy time standing with a cart is all they wanted.  
    8. Earnest
      Earnest

I wonder how many people here would be prepared to talk about their convictions with a video camera trained on them, knowing any verbal slip or hesitation would be shown on you-tube and possibly distorted.

I would certainly refuse to have a discussion with a camera trained on me. Not because I am unable to defend my beliefs but because the opportunity for misrepresenting me is limitless.

Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit