Just ask simple questions and make street witnesses move along

by OnTheWayOut 97 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that? So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

Does it say anywhere in the Bible that we should seek out and be unkind to those whose faith and whose works we view as being inadequate? How do we or anyone else viewing this video know for sure what other works these kids may be involved with, so that we can pass judgement on whether or not their faith is dead?

Since random and ill fitting scriptures are being quoted, "Do unto others as you would have done unto you" comes to mind.

This cameraman may have been accurate in his assertion that JW's teachings are full of holes and that the are often unprepared to explain them but it was unkind of him to humiliate these people on video for the world to see. However superior his knowledge of the Bible and religion may be, he was not behaving in a noble manor.

It is always better to err on the side of kindness when we don't have all the facts.

Hopefully I will be never so far gone so as to ever  think what was done in this video, was a good thing.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

EXWHYZEE SAID :

Does it say anywhere in the Bible that we should seek out and be unkind to those whose faith and whose works we view as being inadequate? How do we or anyone else viewing this video know for sure what other works these kids may be involved with, so that we can pass judgement on whether or not their faith is dead?

Jehovah's Witnesses believe and follow the Bible. Jehovah's Witnesses believe that Jesus was the son of God and died for all of our sins. Jesus said to preach the gospel. Jesus also said to feed and take care of widows and orphans. You cannot just preach the gospel. You must also help those in need. 

These young men were just handing out Awake magazines. Why weren't they and the Watchtower Society not being Christlike and showing the works of feeding the poor, taking care of widows and orphans?

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

These young men were just handing out Awake magazines. Why weren't they and the Watchtower Society not being Christlike and showing the works of feeding the poor, taking care of widows and orphans?

Again....since you quoted the bible earlier and seem concerned with Bible principles and adhering to Jesus' example, did he say anywhere that we should seek out and be unkind to those whose we view as un-Christlike or whose works and faith we deem as being  inadequate or "dead" ?

Perhaps showing kindness to others when they may not be entirely deserving of kindness, could be considered "good works" as well.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Again....since you quoted the bible earlier and seemed concerned with Bible principles and following Jesus' example, did he say anywhere that we should seek out and be unkind to those whose we view as un-Christlike or whose works and faith we deem as being  inadequate or "dead" ?.....exwhyzee

An extremely minimal amount of research shows..

Jesus "PUBLICLY CONDEMNED" people like that..

If the technology was available back then..

Jesus would have Video Taped them and put it up on YouTube!!.....LOL!!..

Matthew 23 New International Version (NIV)

A Warning Against Hypocrisy

23 Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples: 2 “The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat. 3 So you must be careful to do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach. 4 They tie up heavy, cumbersome loads and put them on other people’s shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them.

5 “Everything they do is done for people to see: They make their phylacteries[a] wide and the tassels on their garments long; 6 they love the place of honor at banquets and the most important seats in the synagogues; 7 they love to be greeted with respect in the marketplaces and to be called ‘Rabbi’ by others.

8 “But you are not to be called ‘Rabbi,’ for you have one Teacher, and you are all brothers. 9 And do not call anyone on earth ‘father,’ for you have one Father, and he is in heaven. 10 Nor are you to be called instructors, for you have one Instructor, the Messiah. 11 The greatest among you will be your servant. 12 For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.

Seven Woes on the Teachers of the Law and the Pharisees

13 “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the door of the kingdom of heaven in people’s faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to. [14] [b]

15 “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when you have succeeded, you make them twice as much a child of hell as you are.

16 “Woe to you, blind guides! You say, ‘If anyone swears by the temple, it means nothing; but anyone who swears by the gold of the temple is bound by that oath.’ 17 You blind fools! Which is greater: the gold, or the temple that makes the gold sacred? 18 You also say, ‘If anyone swears by the altar, it means nothing; but anyone who swears by the gift on the altar is bound by that oath.’ 19 You blind men! Which is greater: the gift, or the altar that makes the gift sacred? 20 Therefore, anyone who swears by the altar swears by it and by everything on it. 21 And anyone who swears by the temple swears by it and by the one who dwells in it. 22 And anyone who swears by heaven swears by God’s throne and by the one who sits on it.

23 “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices—mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former. 24 You blind guides! You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel.

25 “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of greed and self-indulgence. 26 Blind Pharisee! First clean the inside of the cup and dish, and then the outside also will be clean.

27 “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of the bones of the dead and everything unclean. 28 In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness.

29 “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You build tombs for the prophets and decorate the graves of the righteous. 30 And you say, ‘If we had lived in the days of our ancestors, we would not have taken part with them in shedding the blood of the prophets.’ 31 So you testify against yourselves that you are the descendants of those who murdered the prophets. 32 Go ahead, then, and complete what your ancestors started!

33 “You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell? 34 Therefore I am sending you prophets and sages and teachers. Some of them you will kill and crucify; others you will flog in your synagogues and pursue from town to town. 35 And so upon you will come all the righteous blood that has been shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah son of Berekiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar. 36 Truly I tell you, all this will come on this generation.

37 “Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were not willing. 38 Look, your house is left to you desolate. 39 For I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, ‘Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.’[c]”

I Video`d  JW`s with WBT$ Literature Carts..

NOW IT`S GOING ON YOUTUBE!!..LOL!!..
                 http://www.overallpicture.com/system/enlargements/3841/original/Internet-Jesus-7.jpg?1314156255                    

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

Jesus was the son of GOD (supposedly) and being so would have the authority to express condemnation when he saw fit. Deciding who is or who isn't a modern day Pharisee and treating them badly for it, is not my thing...never was. The condoning of harsh tactics carried out in the name of God or Christianity toward others (including my family) is why I left JW's and why I'm done here as well.

Just sayin'

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The condoning of harsh tactics carried out in the name of God toward others is why I left JW's and why I'm done here as well.
    Just sayin'.....exwhyzee

I`m Agnostic..No Beliefs,No Faith at all..

So God has nothing to do with any of my comments..

You brought up Jesus..Jesus didn`t agree with you..LOL!!..

JW`s aren`t innocent if they`re out in Public Identifying themselves as WBT$ JW Soldiers..

If they get a few Verbal Bullets in the Ass,it comes with the job..LOL!!..

Coddling JWs allows the WBT$ to victimize and ruin even more lives than they already have..

Don`t let a discussion forum get to you..

Turn the computer off,grab a beer and watch some TV..LOL!!..

• rebel8
    rebel8

In one of the vids, the cameraman asks the name of the org, "I can't remember it."

Was that a lie? 'cause lying is not ok.

It's good for those younguns to learn they are in over their heads. They're teaching creation and that one guy has absolutely no clue what the truth is--he can't even explain why he's right. That's terribly harmful to society and he needs to feel the heat for that.

Some of us believe we could have done it in a much nicer way, and I'm sure some of us could have. We all need to understand the limits of our communication skills and anger management skills.

• enigma1863
    enigma1863
    I've been posting on this video and had a few lively discussions with current JWs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit