Just ask simple questions and make street witnesses move along

by OnTheWayOut 97 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Earnest
    Earnest

It is also worth noting that had the Witnesses asked him to stop filming and he continued he should be charged with harassment under the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

• Letts Party
    Letts Party
    Can you imagine Paul or Timothy or anyone in the bible for that matter scurrying away like that when asked to clarify their beliefs??
  • cappytan
    cappytan
    It is also worth noting that had the Witnesses asked him to stop filming and he continued he should be charged with harassment under the Protection from Harassment Act 1997

The Apostate agenda is a mission from God. "We must obey GOD as ruler rather than men." 

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

It is also worth noting that had the Witnesses asked him to stop filming and he continued he should be charged with harassment under the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.....Earnest

You can`t be protected from people Asking Questions on  Video..

If you set up an "Information Booth" in a "Public Area"..

If you walk into a court room with a Goofy Complaint like that..

The Judge is going to tell you:

"THAT`S WATCHTARDED!!...CASE DISMISSED!!"

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

There is nothing wrong with putting a video camera in the face of JWs and quizzing them on their beliefs any more than when a JW knocks on a neighbor's door unannounced & uninvited to quiz someone about his/her beliefs when he/she is not prepared for it!    Suck-it-up you street witnessing JWs!!

• cha ching
  • exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

I felt really bad for these nice kids having been put on the spot like this. With all the JW training in overcoming objections still burned into my brain from my growing up years as a JW, I was rooting for them and hoping they'd come through.  I have two son's, so the father in me  wanted to jump in there and help them out. There were any number of responses they could have given and I'm sure  later, they though of all the things they could have said. These kids aren't used to being around harshness or rudeness nor were they prepared to have a camera shoved in their faces and asked questions from someone who was more interested in proving a point about JW's rather than having his questions answered.

It may have been perfectly legal to video them like this but it just wasn't a nice thing to do.

JW's +1

Cameraman -0

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    If JWs choose to set up shop in public places they need to be ready for questions. After all they turn up at stranger's doors uninvited and ask (what some would consider to be) very personal questions, just so they can tell the householder how wrong they are. That's rude!
  • exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

If JWs choose to set up shop in public places they need to be ready for questions. After all they turn up at stranger's doors uninvited and ask (what some would consider to be) very personal questions, just so they can tell the householder how wrong they are. That's rude!

Yes... "IF"  they were to ask the householder very personal questions for the sole purpose of telling them how wrong they were, that it would indeed be rude. "IF" they showed up at the householders doorstep and asked personal questions, videotaped their responses then edited and posted them on youtube , that would be rude as well as unkind and just plain wrong.  To be fair, as bad as we may think they are, I'm sure we can agree, not even the worst JW's intent is to ask questions just to show a householder how wrong they are.

As much as my life was and is adversely effected by JW's, I don't like to see older more experienced and prepared persons (the cameramen) publicly humiliating younger ones like this. These young folks are victims of this organization and are still at an age where they are trusting and are under the influence of those who went before them and who passed on this way of life to them. To me,it was a form of bullying to ambush them with a camera like that. The presence of a video camera and the nature and the setting of their work, placed them at a disadvantage. If the cameraman truly cared about them as individuals or getting answers to his questions, he could have spoken to them off camera as they asked him to do several times. It was his sole intent to put them on the spot. There was no way for them to come out ahead in this situation. If they'd have given him the perfect answers, we'd have never seen this video because his agenda would have been foiled and likely wouldn't have been posted on youtube.

In addition, if the cameraman truly cared about the homeless man laying on the sidewalk, he could have interviewed him, gotten his permission and aired his plight on youtube and possibly made a difference somehow. Instead  (it appears) he chose to go after these well meaning yet easy targets who were quietly standing on the sidelines with their literature.

Sometimes on this site JW's are condemned for bothering people at their doors or asking too many questions and also condemned when they stand quietly and wait for people to approach them. We've got to cut them some slack once awhile and give them some credit now and them.

Videos like this make me really question if I'm on the right track here. I don't want to be in any shape or form,"that guy".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit