Just ask simple questions and make street witnesses move along

by OnTheWayOut 97 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ding
    Ding
    It's ironic that so many JWs today run away from confrontation when the field service work is based on going to people's home and trying to convince them that they are about to be annihilated if they don't join the right organization.
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

True dat, Ding, so much for "public declaration".

• flipper
    flipper

I would like to add a further thought to this thread that seems to be getting more interesting by the minute. I feel that if this cameraman had gone somewhere to film a known pedophile being sent out into field service accompanied by elders - THAT kind of you tube might accomplish more good. At least in exposing how unjust and dangerous the WT organization is in KNOWINGLY sending out known sex offenders to peoples homes thus putting minor children in danger.

I agree with On The Way Out - although I don't endorse the bullying aspect of the cameraman I do believe it does show how uninformed these young JW's were and how their minds are thoroughly indoctrinated with only ONE thought pattern stuck into their heads - WT thought patterns. The you tube does show how mind controlled and indoctrinated these young folks are. Therein lies the danger of not being able to think outside of " black and white " concepts that perhaps YES maybe the cameraman had valid points.

Someone else here, I believe Sparrowdown made a good point that Witnesses " turn up at strangers doors uninvited " which personally I consider rude - so if a JW comes to MY door they are going to be questioned about their beliefs as I feel I have the right to have them hear ME about my thoughts as my thoughts ARE as important as them coming to my door. It's as important for THEM to listen to me as they feel it is for ME to listen to them !

I treat street Witnesses in the same way. Outlaw made a very good point that if JW's are " setting up shop in a public area " then people are also going to voice their opinions in a very public way. We have an older JW here who stands in our town at the Post Office with his WT rack of magazines, etc. He doesn't say much - just stands there. I have approached him before with WT child abuse lawsuit news printouts and placed them with him- his response ? He refuses to believe what I'm telling him . He makes excuses that the elders in congregations are handling child abuse correctly and that just by disfellowshipping child molesters it settles the problem. This JW has even admitted to me that he has shunned his own DFed son for 30 years now and it's like he brags about it as a good thing.

Here's the deal. Yes perhaps the camera man came off somewhat rude- but in order to expose the WT Society or reveal to these young people different information the camera man had to say what he did . He rubbed it in wrongly by accusing the young JW's of not helping the homeless man - so the cameraman got off track in trying to expose these JW's. But I believe whether there was a camera filming it or not  filming it - the young JW's answers would have been the same. They STILL would not have been able to explain their beliefs.

This is the world we live in now. Everybody has a cell phone with a camera on it. So anybody can be filmed doing anything these days. Wacking off in the park, taking a crap, we have to accept it. Nothing we can do about it. I believe that JW's SHOULD be informed about how their organization are doing criminal acts and it's a hard truth- but somebody needs to tell it. I think there are ways we can tell it to them without appearing superior to them and still leaving their dignity intact. So I understand Exwhyzees points to a point. But JW's still need to be informed as 99 % of them know absolutely nothing about child abuse crises going on in their organization. Kind of how I see this situation

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

FLIPPER SAID :

Here's the deal. Yes perhaps the camera man came off somewhat rude- but in order to expose the WT Society or reveal to these young people different information the camera man had to say what he did . He rubbed it in wrongly by accusing the young JW's of not helping the homeless man - so the cameraman got off track in trying to expose these JW's. But I believe whether there was a camera filming it or not  filming it - the young JW's answers would have been the same. They STILL would not have been able to explain their beliefs.

The man taking the video says ''You have religious people who are PROMOTING their own religion rather than doing good for the homeless man."

The young man on the second video looks well nourished, dressed to the nines, and standing on his feet handing out a magazine. There is a drunk and homeless man a few feet away who needs help. The promotion of the religion seems more important than helping this down and out person. 

Why doesn't this young man call his religious leaders and get him some food and shelter? Why is a little paper magazine more important than a human being?

Where are the Watchtower Society soup kitchens and shelters? Where are the free clothing and money donations for the down and out?

As a Jehovah's Witness for 40 years, I don't ever remember one talk about helping out any person who was down and out? All I remember was placing magazines and books!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    One great thing about thinking for yourself.  Instead of just lining up with a thought from a magazine or a convention talk, we can meditate and disagree or agree and we can change our minds or not.  I don't object to those that disagree with me on this thread.  I appreciate the honest discussion of what each person feels.  
    Originally, I thought the camera deliberately out there was a bad thing to do.  I still have reservations about using such a technique.  But I can honestly say this thread has allowed me to see another side of this.  What JW's are asked to do TO us can be seen as rude, and they need to be expecting some rudeness in return.  I may not want to turn on my cell video camera and approach the cart, but I can sympathize with the person who does do it.
  • RULES & REGULATIONS
  • John_Mann
    John_Mann
    I remember when me and partner were preaching with a wt about 'exposing the roots of atheism' whatever. Both of us didn't known what atheism was. We were both 12 yo...lol
  • exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

The WBT$ Supports the Genocide of Everyone but Loyal WBT$ JW`s..

What do you think Loyal WBT$ JW`s Preach about Armageddon?!..

I'm not finding fault with anyone for having posted this video or apologizing for the Watchtower by any means but I think in order to have a realistic discussion on the topic of JW's we have to be balanced in what we say about them, how we treat them and what we accuse them of.

JW's believe that God  (as shown in the bible several times) is "Genocidal" and they believe he has the right to be that way since he is the creator and mankind is wicked " We don't have to agree with this view but it's a bit of a stretch to say they are a"Genocidal Organization" as was done  in an earlier post.  They as an organization are not planning to carry out any sort of mass murder or genocide themselves.  If you want to use a that term, I think it would be fair to say that they are out warning people about an upcoming genocide, called Armageddon at the hands of God.

When JWs sell their brand of "truth"  on street corners, they should be well prepared for questions.

If you can't stand the heat get out of the damn kitchen.

Yes, I agree, they should be prepared to answer genuine questions as best they can but this was an intentional attack. This man was not interested in having his questions answered. He knew well the answers to the questions he was asking. He was interested in putting JW's on the spot for the purpose of tripping them up and capturing it all on video.  Kitchens are hot places sometimes but usually they are bearable. Somethings a bit off  when a person opens the door of a hot oven just to see how uncomfortable he can make things for everybody and then videos their reaction.

It's ironic that so many JWs today run away from confrontation when the field service work is based on going to people's home and trying to convince them that they are about to be annihilated if they don't join the right organization.

I've seen JW's "run away " as you say, from confrontation but I've more often than not seen them do their best to answer people's questions. When I have seen them "run" it has only been because it was obvious the person wasn't interested in answers or learning about the JW religion and was only interested in arguing. If we are honest here, we will admit that JW's as a rule are only too happy to talk to people with questions so long as the person is genuinely interested in understanding their religion and isn't simply there to confront them or has an axe to grind.

I feel that if this cameraman had gone somewhere to film a known pedophile being sent out into field service accompanied by elders - THAT kind of you tube might accomplish more good. At least in exposing how unjust and dangerous the WT organization is in KNOWINGLY sending out known sex offenders to peoples homes thus putting minor children in danger.

I agree. To walk up to these young people, put a camera in their face and treat them like fools was unkind. Save the animosity and these expose' style confrontations for someone who is proven to have done something truly wrong.

As a Jehovah's Witness for 40 years, I don't ever remember one talk about helping out any person who was down and out? All I remember was placing magazines and books!

I think JW's have a long way to go in terms of doing good for their fellow man in the here and now. The same could be said of governments who spend billions on missions to mars, for example, when they have people dropping like flies from hunger and disease.

As we all know, JW's foremost mission and their small piece of the large tapestry of human civilization right now, is to promote a "long term" fix for mankind's problems. We don't have to agree with them but that's what they do... that's their work. Their goal that day and at that very moment when they were captured on video, was to simply be a presence on the street in case there was interest.   In spite of their main mission, I'm quite sure no one in the congregation would have found fault these young JW's  if they'd have gone across the street and bought the homeless man something to eat even if their organization as a whole isn't involved in that particular activity.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

EXWHYZEE SAID :

As we all know, JW's foremost mission and their small piece of the large tapestry of human civilization right now, is to promote a "long term" fix for mankind's problems. We don't have to agree with them but that's what they do... that's their work. 

James 2:14-17 ESV 

What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that? So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

They as an organization are not planning to carry out any sort of mass murder or genocide themselves.  If you want to use a that term, I think it would be fair to say that they are out warning people about an upcoming genocide, called Armageddon at the hands of God.

If you put enough Sugar Coating on  WBT$ BullShit, maybe someone will want a bite..LOL!!..

The WBT$ Supports the genocide of the entire Planet with the exception of those loyal to the WBT$..

The WBT$ uses a Fictitious God and a Fictitious Dooms Day Story,to Scare People into their JW Cult..

Join or die.....Those are your only choices.....Period..

It`s WBT$ Extortion, JW`s are willing Accomplices..And..

Now they`re in Your Neighborhood in a Public Area,with a WBT$ JW Information Stand looking for Recruits..

Your not told that if you join:

You`ll be donating every free moment of your life to the WBT$..

Your endlessly paying for a WBT$ Real Estate Scam DISGUISED AS A RELIGION..

Your Children maybe Sexually Abused by JW Pedophiles who are Protected by the WBT$..

Should you Decide to Quit the WBT$ will Do Everything in Their Power to Destroy Your Life..

ECT..Ect..ect.....

Most Importantly..

Your Expected To Be An Unquestioning Accomplice In WBT$ Evil...

http://teamfamilyonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/martin-luther-king-jr.jpg

Publicly Exposing the WBT$ and Their JW Cult..

WOULD BE THE "RIGHT THING" TO DO....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit