Flat earth vs round earth

by Jrjw 315 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

So why do flat-earthers propose a perfect conspiracy involving tens of thousands of experts from dozens of fields of expertise but not that this conspiracy extends to every other accepted fact about reality?

How about germ theory? Maybe it's a big scam by soap manufacturers?

What is it about the shape of the planet that attracts gullible folk like Kairos and the Robot?

I wonder if it started as a bet by somebody who boasted he could get some people to believe the craziest thing you could think of.

• kairos
    kairos

Yes, we can all see small objects @ 17,000 mph from 250 miles away.
    Totally normal and everyday common...

Reflection, no less.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    kairos: Reflection, no less.

Refraction is not reflection

http://www.physics.org/article-questions.asp?id=45

• jp1692
    jp1692

Why just flat or round? Why not:

• Pyramid?
    • Doughnut?
    • Conical?
    • Square?
    • Polygonal?

I'm feeling a definite lack of imagination here from the anti-oblate spherists among us.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

I have a lense for my camera capable of picking it up. Ive photographed neptune and if you zoom in enough you can see some of its moons (they are round of course). Its not auto focus, however, so catching the iss is tricky

• waton
    waton
    • Pyramid?
    • Doughnut?
    • Conical?
    • Square?
    • Polygonal?
    I'm feeling a definite lack of imagination here from the anti-oblate spherists among us. jp1692:

A 4 cornered Earth need not be a square, but can be a pyramid with a triangular base, but that would spoil the fun of the 2D no volume, no substance deflated earth earthers.

• TD
    TD

No response to simple 6 minute video

Interesting. Surveyor's drop is a good rule of thumb, but the Earth is not perfect, like a ball bearing.

I can't do it at the moment, (My boss wouldn't appreciate it) but I will download the topographical point cloud for New Orleans this weekend and have a look.

To be fair and in return, do you have a comment on the rotation of the stars in the night sky? The axis is not in the same spot at every place on earth. (i.e. The closer you are to the poles, the more directly overhead it will be.)

Additionally, the stars rotate counter clockwise in the Northern hemisphere and clockwise in the Southern Hemisphere, which again, is not the geometry of a flat earth.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Do the flat earthers believe the other planets are flat too? You can see the moons around Saturn even with a relatively low power telescope. It’s pretty obvious that both the planet and moons are round spheres.

• MeanMrMustard
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

I realized im losing a lot of resolution on that pic... i may have to try 3rd party hosting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit