It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Toblerone5
    Toblerone5

Thanks to those 556 Patrons , Lloyd Evans will finally be able to afford some Chocolates bunnies for is children's... I couldn't stand another rant on how Kim ruined Easter for The "children's"

HAPPY EASTER EVERYBODY !

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    556 Patrons

555 now. They are fluctuating ever so slightly. Seems like some are dropping.

• lloydevansparody
    lloydevansparody

To those forum members who are feeling defeated because of the spike in donors I would like to discuss with you this. Preamble: I always try to be analytical, using logic rather than impacting emotions.

Mr Evans has a channel with 109k subscribers. He manages to "convince" 1000 new people every 3 to 5 weeks to subscribe to his channels. These "people" as new followers should interact with him more than anyone else. Yet the begging video managed to get only 30k to date. More than two thirds of his subscribers didn't even bother. Many views from that video stats came from us the "non subscribers". Mr Evans generally gets around 20/30k views for top videos (Morris, Report etc). However, he averages 4k views counting all the videos he has put out in the last year. One should think that since he "convinces" so many new followers he should get more views. He doesn't.

And even more interesting is the fact that he managed to get only 168 new patrons to date which translate to only a misery 0.5% from a 30k viewer video. From the comments on his video many have pointed out that they were struggling but willing to offer "something". Even if the new patrons averaged a $15 each what is it actually he gained? $2500? I am telling you he needs far more than that. He need $5k extra per month at least to cover his lifestyle. I would call this an Epic Failure not a success. This is a Pyrrhic victory.

On Reddit as many of you pointed out, there is thread with some ehm let's say "colorful" comments about Mr Evans' begging. If he was planning to establish a momentum in cash flow increase then he failed miserably. Eventually he would regret posting that video mark my words. This is obviously my opinion based on the numbers and stats which differently from Mr Evans do not lie.

• Journeyman
    Journeyman

I see our "friend" has uploaded a new video...

I've not watched because, frankly... I couldn't care less.
    But someone who wants to take one for the team might want to watch it and update us on the latest dribble to emit from Mr LE...

• lloydevansparody
    lloydevansparody

Note the wording "Things Are Better" which indicates he needs more money. Is it just me to note some disappointment here?

• Toblerone5
    Toblerone5

And That's the T-shirt he choose to wear? C.U.L.T alright !

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Could I suggest, to those who are dejected and wish to make a difference - and I am sorry that I can’t be any help here - that the best and most effective response to his recent YouTube begging videos would be a succinct, targeted YouTube video specifically in response to his begging videos. Because most people find him on YouTube it stands to reason that’s where most of his patrons go on to find out about him as well. They are not reading forums or websites. Many people get most of their information from YouTube videos.

An effective video shouldn’t be much longer than 20 minutes or so, focussing heavily on the major points from his livestream, his hateful open letter to Kim, a visual showing that more than half his patrons resigned in disgust, clips from former supporters explaining why they left, a mash up of clips from all the YouTubers he’s attacked and defamed over the years, clips from Dr Das and Andrew Gold and their encounter with this ‘narcissistic psychopath’, his begging contrasted with his criticism of Watchtower begging, him lying about his company having no money, the CofC copyright fiasco, doxing people on Facebook, and whatever else I’ve missed.

It would be a lot of work, but some of it has already been done in older videos. It needs to be updated and comprehensive, yet succinct as possible. If somebody made such a video, or a small team together, then I’m sure most people here would get behind the video, like it, share it, promote it on YouTube so that at least some of his new patrons will know the real story. It’s just a suggestion, but I think it would be a better use of time than lengthy posts on forums and websites, because a short video with all the main facts would have far greater reach to his target audience than all the posts and web pages combined.

In case anyone was wondering, Lloyd is attracting some really damaged people:

If I don’t post on here again, please be so kind as to notify the authorities to place me on suicide hold at the local facility.

For the record, I’d only hate myself if I ever put myself in a situation where I saw Lloyd Evans naked.

Hard core cultists may do wonders for his bank account, but they are truly an embarrassment and proof positive that he’s running a cult off the backs of severely damaged individuals.

It’s just a suggestion, but I think it would be a better use of time than lengthy posts on forums and websites

I agree with this premise, but the key is getting someone with a big enough YT presence to host the video. Having Kim or anyone close to this case to release this video is just going to get Lloyd to circle the wagons and start waxing on about “criminal defendants”.

It needs to be someone who’s on the fringes of this, preferably someone who is widely liked and looked upon as a neutral party.

That’s why the Andrew Gold, altworldly and Kameron Fader videos were so effective.

Thinking out loud here, since Gold is always interested in views and got a major boost from the Evans controversy, perhaps someone could reach out to him and be interviewed as the one year anniversary of Gold’s video approaches as some sort of a follow up to what is happening?

Gold’s bread and butter is cults and this new development is a major red flag that the Evans cult has relaunched.

FYI - Gold passed Lloyd for subscribers weeks ago even though his channel is a lot newer. I think a lot of his new patrons would be open to watching something from a secular source like Gold.

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

Transkript Lloyd Evans video - "Things are better (THANK YOU!!)"

Hello there. I'm here at RamaCrow recording some interviews and other future uploads and I just want to take a moment to sincerely thank all of you who have responded so amazingly to the video - I put out a couple of days ago regarding the financial state of the channel. When I filmed that video, we had a combined 432 supporting us as patrons and YouTube members. Which, as I explained, wasn't quite enough for us to keep going as a company. As of right now, about three days later we have 556 patrons and 110 YouTube channel members making for a combined total - and I'm not kidding here - of 666 patrons and YouTube members, which is just incredible.

Read into that number what you will. I promise I'm not making it up. As I explained before, we really needed to get to a minimum number of 500 supporting the channel on a monthly basis to break even, in other words - pay peoples wages, pay my wages, pay the owners wages, pay the insurance for the equipment, pay our company accountants fees, etc.

But ideally we needed to get back to the 620 figure, which is where we were when we hired Tibor. So for us to exceed that figure in such a short period of time is just an incredible response from our viewers. And on behalf of the whole team, I really can't thank you enough. It's extremely humbling to know that our viewers have our backs and want us to not just continue, but grow the channel as we intended, so I wanted to jump on camera and reassure you all this it's now back to business as usual.

We hear your unequivocal call to continue, and if things ever get dicey or uncertain again, it's extremely heartening to know that we can just let you all know about the situation and leave things in your hands.

I do just want to say a quick word about the defamation campaign as mentioned in my video. Some of you will have noticed I pinned a comment saying that I would automatically and unashamedly delete all abusive mean toxic victim blaming comments along the lines of get a job. Or it's all your fault anyway. I stand by that comment, not because I'm trying to shut people down or sweep anything under the rug. Obviously, viewers are free to respectfully disagree with me on any opinion I express in any of my videos. And the comments sections of any video I make will bear evidence of this.

But when it comes to rude, hateful, invasive comments where people usually from the luxury of total anonymity or inserting themselves in my personal life and claiming to know what I have or haven't done in private better than me, I really must draw the line.

I think most mature adults understand that nobody is perfect and that we all make mistakes. My mistake was to be unfaithful to my partner and I'll always be sorry about that.

But as I've said before, nobody deserves to be bullied, harassed and character assassinated across multiple social media platforms simply for being human.

I've had fake e-mail circulated implicating me, a father of two girls, as a sexual predator who grooms teenage girls. I was accused of being involved in sex tourism simply for choosing Thailand as a holiday destination during a mental health crisis. I've had packages sent to my home containing books with titles such as Leave a Cheetah gain a life. Friends and colleagues have been emailed and pressured to have nothing more to do with me. I've done interviews that got taken down or never saw the light of day because the channel or journalist was inundated with complaints. People have left menacing voice mails. Multiple videos have been made portraying me as a monster, including some calling for me to be reported to the police.

My video editor has been stalked and had copies of his college thesis posted online.

Most recently, the owner of a Zagreb wine bar where I host live music events received an e-mail warning her to have nothing to do with me.

This behaviour, and I've only given you a small sampling of what I've been dealing with, is totally unacceptable and if I'm being completely honest, it makes me ashamed to be an ex JW and mortified at the thought of attending ex JW gatherings in the future. You can, if you want, tell me to turn the other cheek or to not take my brother to court to just let it all go. It's certainly very easy to say that when you're not on the receiving end.

But you need to understand that I give a damn about my work and my legacy. And I know that if I let this behaviour go unpunished, not only will it continue, but it will also tarnish my reputation and therefore the value of the body of my work for generations to come long after I'm dead.

My 2 girls could conceivably be forced to deal with the lies that have been spread about me if I leave these lies unanswered.

So yes, I will keep blocking the haters and I will continue with my legal action for as long as it takes. And I can't tell you how much I appreciate those of you who understand all this. And are sticking with me and showing compassion and solidarity during this intensely challenging time.

I did very recently come extremely close to packing it all in. Obviously the finances are bad, so the business was no longer looking viable anyway. But I sort of had a job offer to do a job. I know I would have hated, but at least it would have taken me away from all the JW XJW toxicity.

It was very tempting - and honestly - it would have been the easiest thing in the world, to dissolve my company, leave Tibor and Diana jobless. And just bring everything to a virtual standstill. I can specifically remember thinking, whatever happens, I don't think I have another convention season in me.

But what pulled me from the brink was a friend who's never been a Jehovah's Witness, who urged me to think about continuing my work because they could see the good it was doing.

And then I read some of the comments and messages of support. And it caused me to think. Maybe this is worth one last push, maybe I should let the viewers decide if we continue.

So when Tibor and I were in Zagreb filming last week, I filmed the video where I put all my cards on the table and here we are.

You the audience have spoken. And if you believe in me and in the amazing team I have around me and keep us at around that 500/600 hundred figure, then I'm prepared to carry on.

And for the record, I will do my very best to ignore the haters and keep focusing instead on the overwhelming majority of you who see the bigger picture and care about the work I do.

We will still be leaving RamaCrow even with the influx of new patrons and YouTube members, I want us to recover and be on a much stronger footing, before we think about renting a studio again in the future.

Just please keep in mind that you will still see RamaCrow videos for potentially months to come because we're here until at least the end of April. There are interview videos and other content being filmed that won't be going out until potentially many weeks from now, but that doesn't mean I'm going back on my word or anything like that.

RamaCrows days are numbered, but I'm fine with recording in my bedroom, for a while. And if we get a studio again at some future point, it will be because we have the finances to commit to it long term.

If you are one of the new or returning patrons or YouTube channel members, thank you again so much for coming to our rescue in our hour of need. And giving us the green light to continue. I very much look forward to seeing and meeting some of you in future live streams and zoom calls. Speaking of which, if you are having trouble accessing any of the perks for your tier of membership, please do send a message on Patreon or via the channel's GMail - which is [email protected].

Finally I also want to say a massive thank you to those of you who couldn't afford to support the channel financially, but still sent through messages of kindness, love, compassion and solidarity. I've been reading each and every one of these messages and I can't tell you how much they've meant to me.

This is without a doubt a tough gig, and doing it to the extent we're doing it can exact a very heavy toll. But you are amazing viewers have given us a resounding call to continue, so we will do exactly that.

Thank you.

And I'll see you around.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit