It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• lloydevansparody
    lloydevansparody
    why is it dangerous for Lloyd to move back to the UK?

Firstly living cost is the UK isn't the same as in Croatia. Whatever sum of dollars he's getting from patrons and youtube it would have a different value if he lived in the UK. Travelling costs, rent, food, inflation you name it.

He has always been against Brexit. Whatever political ideas we are standing at the moment the economy in the UK is in a bad shape. It may improve and surely it will but no indications so far that this will be happening within a short run.

With his allergy for a decent, paid job, Croatia at the moment offers him a financial stability he wouldn't otherwise have in the UK.

Secondly, as LMsA reported recently his story about his JC and escape from the UK has inconsistencies and contradictions due to the fact that a serious occurrence happened in Bramhall that led to Lloyd fleeing the UK. How serious? Enough to concern a Croatian elder sometime later (he speaks about this in his book). Likely Evans papa organised everything to avoid more serious consequences. Pay attention though that Lloyd is a known liar and a manipulator. He may have changed timeline of events in his story, people etc., But there are people who know the details of what happened. Coming to the UK would be very risky because JWs can become EXJWs and are not longer subject to WT privacy policies. There is the possibility that some of the people involved may speak out at some point.

This would apply to Dijana too. She knows many things and may have decided to stay silent for some reasons. Being close to Dijana is crucial at this stage.

• Vintage
    Vintage

Controlling Dijana is crucial at this stage.

• slimboyfat
  • Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    If he stays in Croatia what future has he got?

A better question would be “if he returns to the UK what future has he got?”. Lloyd holds UK and Croatian citizenship so he can establish legal residency in only those two countries.

On FB he said he pays $450 (£374) per month for a simple 1 bedroom flat in the centre of Zagreb, Croatia’s largest city and capital. Instead of trying to look it up myself, it’s probably better to ask the UK posters here, so I will:

What does £374 per month get you in terms of rent get you in the UK? Ignore London, I know that is expensive. Manchester? Birmingham? Glasgow? Liverpool? The Scottish Highlands? Orkney Islands?

I’m going to say that at his current rate of grift, Lloyd can’t afford to move back to the UK. He’s nobody there. He’s stuck in Croatia, and more importantly, stuck doing exJW activism and videos for donations. He cannot walk into an office in Manchester, go on about how he made YT videos for the past decade and expect to receive an offer of employment that does not involve cleaning toilets.

Even at the previous levels of grift ($5k to $6k per month take home pay), in Croatia he could have bought a nice home on the coast which he almost did.

Being close to Dijana is crucial at this stage.

If he left for a life in the UK he could barely afford and is contingent on his patrons not dropping no further than 400, he would not be able to support her. With two children in an impoverished section of a country that has a high unemployment rate, it would leave her in abject poverty with little hope of getting out. Anything would be on the table for her: a new sugar daddy husband, going back to the KH, or trying her own hand in exJW activism. She’d attract viewers and donators. Even with 100 patrons it would pay the bills for her in Gornje Komarevo. This is something he’d be keen to avoid, and especially if he cut her off, she’d have nothing to lose giving the details of disastrous 15 year marriage to Jabba the Hutt. (That would also make for a great book).

Apart from Giselle Bunchen deciding she wants some of that Evans ass and asking him to move in to her Miami mansion, he’s staying in Croatia.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I should say I don’t wish to sully the name of Neil Young by association with LE. Neil Young’s song about the situation is beautiful and profound, LE not so much.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

If Neil Young were like Lloyd Evans, he’d write a song after David Crosby’s death about how he never paid him back for $1000 loaned to him in 1971.

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz

@ lloydevansparody

I have privately messaged you

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz

Manchester , you can't rent a tent never mind a flat for less than £700/month, unless you aim for very run down areas which he won't since he is used to affluent Wilmslow

• Vintage
    Vintage

If Dijana needs a native English speaker to proofread her book, she could probably find ten qualified applicants just from this Thread. However, I don’t know how to write an unassailable contract that would hold the proofreader “free from harm” for assisting Dijana in a “tell all”,... or even a “tell some”, book. I’m thinking it would be a “given” that Lloyd would sue her, in Croatia, for writing such a book.

• JeffT
    JeffT

However, I don’t know how to write an unassailable contract that would hold the proofreader “free from harm” for assisting Dijana in a “tell all”,

Not difficult at all. (If I did such a thing I'd have my attorney review it). The contract would cover the scope of work, which would be correcting spelling, grammar etc. Somebody else is responsible for double checking the contents of the story.

Although if its written as a memoir you can probably cover your butt by claiming that you're written about events from your personal perspective. That's hard to prove wrong in court.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit