It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO
    Wasn't he in Thailand the 21st of December?

I would have to check however from memory it was the 26th or 27th….

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO
    MHave most or all the people in the 10 years video distanced themselves by now?

ost, I think there are 3 who haven’t spoken against him. When I first learnt about this, it was that video that I first thought about. 🤦‍♀️

• Diamondfrog
    Diamondfrog

I'm just typing this here because I want to be part of page 401.

Also I'm going for Assistant Manager at work where I'll have about 100 staff under me and I'm cacking my pants. That's all.

• Listener
    Listener

That's great Diamondfrog. I hope you are successful.

• Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972
    Thinking about his comments bellow his videos I wonder if some of those comments are from bots using fake accounts? Some of the comments, no I take that back, all the comments are sugary sweet and pander to his already inflated ego, those that go against his rhetoric are deleted very fast.
  • Vintage
    Vintage

vienne said,

Are x-Witnesses so desperate for something to justify themselves that they cling to this man?

It pains me to say this, but, yes,... I think that's the problem. In 1973, Awake! had an article called, "Are you learning to think clearly?" I remembered (just now) the title, but I had to search for the article to get the "year" and that it was in Awake! I bring this up because I remember praying to be able to think clearly, but feeling like I really didn't have a goal (as the article recommended) and wasn't thinking clearly. Well, duh. NOBODY in Watchtower can think clearly. People wake up and escape from Watchtower, but their thinking process has been in cold storage for a number of years. And some, like me, were "born in". I did have the desire to go to college. I knew a brother who had been a lawyer for the Society and argued before the Supreme Court (USA). I knew two JW chiropractors. I eventually went to college myself. That probably helped me not to fall under Evans' spell.

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO

I have an opinion 🙂

https://youtu.be/6fSyipmuFy0

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Great video @KimSilvio

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Chinapomo: Several times many people, and I mean his supporters, have told him to create shorter content. He replied by saying that his content is as long as it needs to be.

If he had listened to them, he would not have to buy followers. Short content is king on YouTube. Remember that YT is the ultimate site for "channel-surfing." Watch a ten-minute video, then watch a 15-minute video, then a 5-minute clip, etc. If you really enjoy a creator's work, you might sit through a 20-30 minute video. I think some creators are able to put out longer content because they do so on a slower schedule. If you do documentary-style videos, then one 40-60 minute video every 30-60 days works just fine.

The more frequently you put out content, the shorter it should be, or you risk burning out your audience. His short videos were fine. But I can't imagine why anyone would sit through two or three days of three+ hour videos trying to cover every point in every talk in a convention. No wonder he seems so irritable all the time.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    something a good content creator will not do. He would be listening to his audience. What did Lloyd do? He started uploading the same content TWICE but in long and shorter format. Now that is one of the worst errors you can make on a social media platform: you NEVER create duplicate content.

The reason he does this is purely financial. The same with the long rambling videos - you can cram more ads and more ad revenue in. It's not as if longer videos are more expensive for him to make.

All his videos are incredibly cheap to make!

He makes them at home. He doesn't even have to spend time researching anything (except watching JW broadcast, which is free). All the info is in his head .....growing up in the org it's all seared into your brain. There's only a few books that are "required reading" to gain you extra insight after you leave. He now gets free content from people sending in questions(god help us🤦🏻‍♀️)seeking help, agony aunt style.

His ISP bills and, more recently, Tibor are literally the only ongoing costs to making his videos. Which, lets face it, are completely repetitive because once you've seen one convention you've seen them all. The Watchtower's message is the same year in year out, therefore so is his.

Even his most expensive content was relatively cheap - aside from the flight costs - getting to film around Warwick was free & Interviewing the Dutch reclaimed voices activists was free. He even gets the kudos of calling himself a "filmmaker" over essentially a home video, in the case of the Warwick vid🙄🤣

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit