It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• ForeverAlone
    ForeverAlone
    Schofields has lost his job, and will not work in the industry again.

I have not read anything about the Schoefield's case but what you write here is indeed something to think about.

When you set yourself up as a professional activist and you are advocating for something (CSA/SA activism in this case), but you are doing something that statistically flies in the face of your activism work (POTENTIALLY committing CSA/SA yourself) you have a very bad problem. People have a right to want "justice". Like Schofield, people have a right to want you terminated from your "job". There have been many people who have lost jobs, positions, careers ...etc. for doing things that they advocate against, and rightfully so.

This is what Lloyd does not seem to be able to understand. When you grow yourself publicly to a certain level of prestige you become accountable for your actions. Whereas if I were doing the same things that Lloyd is doing, I would not be held accountable because I have not gotten to his level of public prestige.

If he could at the very least say that his activism against CSA/SA abuse and using prostitutes that are statistically CSA/SA victims is controversial, and he will step back from that part of his activism, it would go a long way in him keeping and growing his audience.

• Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972
    just caught up on the Philip Schofields issue

The similarities to how Schofield tried to control the narrative through bullying and litigation are a startling standout.

• Simon
    Simon
    What's all this fuss about Lloyds use of abnegate? It's a perfectly cromulent word.

You sagacious bugger!

Lame I know, it's the best I could come up with - the synonymophomagraphtron wasn't helping.

• Simon
    Simon

Schofield and Lloyd have some things in common.

Both pulled out the "mental illness" card when caught and held to account for their behavior: "you don't want me to kill myself, do you? Wouldn't you feel bad?". Actually I do, dip-shit, and no, I'll be fine - I would do a little dance. I don't care if it makes me a bad person, I'll sleep soundly don't you worry.

Schofield worked in children's television for many years, just like Jimmy Saville. Both had their behavior poorly investigated / covered up by their channels and bullied those who spoke out.

Schofields brother is a pedo who's now been sent to prison.

Schofield now claims the outrage is "homophobia", but which grown man who left his wife for a young girl (that he met when she was underage) would ever be described as "stunning and brave" for 'coming out'? Gay groomer privilege.

Schofield is a shit. Lloyd is also a shit. Narcissists think the world revolves around them.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

“It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it.”

Upton Sinclair

LE will never “understand” that his actions disqualify him because he simply cannot tolerate that conclusion. With no other viable way of sustaining his life (despite his lame and unconvincing claim of an outside job offer) it can be described as existential for him.

Unless he does find an exit route to an alternative income it could get messier and more desperate as his support drifts ever downward. As he realises there is no way back and no way forward he’s likely to strike out even at his own remaining supporters.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Schofield now claims the outrage is "homophobia", but which grown man who left his wife for a young girl (that he met when she was underage) would ever be described as "stunning and brave" for 'coming out'? Gay groomer privilege.

This strategy was also employed by actor Kevin Spacey a few years back. He had a hit Netflix show when the underage grooming allegations surfaced. In a Lloydesque maneuver, he admits to them with the caveat.. ahem, I’m gay.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Slimboyfat: LE will never “understand” that his actions disqualify him [from involvement with CSA victims] because he simply cannot tolerate that conclusion.

Exactly. I've no doubt he can see the conclusion but he can't acknowledge it publicly and it's driving him mad that the rest of us keep banging on about it.

It's not going away Lloyd. We're not going anywhere.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

slimboyfat: LE will never “understand” that his actions disqualify him because he simply cannot tolerate that conclusion.

I agree. Not just the income, but the prestige and the adulation. Even now, after everything that has come out about him (most of which he verified himself), there are people who don't just support him- they practically worship him and live for the chance to go after his 'enemies.' I don't think they would do that if he was making a living washing dishes. He really does need the validation that comes from them, as it justifies his narcissism.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

@Kim

I read that Schofield first met the boy when the boy was 15 and Schofield, at the time about 46, was visiting his school.

The boy moved to London at 18 and got a job on ITV's This Morning at 19 as a runner (no doubt arranged by Schofield). They then started a relationship soon after. Schofield has done nothing illegal here (UK age of consent is 16) but he has behaved badly. There's a reason he wanted to hide this particular relationship. For a start, there was a power imbalance in their relationship - Schofield is old enough to be the young man's father. So, there is a whiff of pederasty about the whole thing. Second, there's the nepotism element. Schofield was er, 'grooming' the boy for future jobs, including in front of the camera. And then, there are all Schofield's lies. Lying to his wife, his co-presenter, ITV bosses, etc.

In 2020, Schofield came out, somewhat overdramatically, as gay. It was a ridiculous performance. I remember thinking at the time: 'meh, so what?' ... now I know why, lol.

Yeah, Schofield and Roy Devans are both narcissists. It's all about them.

The only difference between the two is that we know Schofield has done nothing illegal with his former younger lover. We can't say the same thing re Roy Devans and his dick's exploits.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Schofield now claims the outrage is "homophobia" - yeah he's sorry-not sorry.

So let's test his theory by imaging Schofield is heterosexual.

He visited a 15 year old girl's school, started a relationship with her when she was 19, got her a job at ITV, dropped her when he thought his affair was about to be exposed (all the time cheating on his wife, of course) ...

^^^ It's not good, is it?

However way we slice it, Schofield is a lying, narcissistic little shit, a bit like someone else we know ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit