It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    The one person that might have made sense to sue was Kim Silvio, but he blew that up by making a video where he corroborated her claims.

Remember she had a witness. Producer Bob' was there too and heard his admission (which is kinda creepy since he'd never met her before)

• TonusOH
    TonusOH
    Remember she had a witness. Producer Bob' was there too and heard his admission

Good point-- that's true. And she would be able to make a specific request for phone/text records, which would likely be granted. So even that would have been a bad idea.

• Simon
    Simon
    I don't know why, but you're giving me Hong Kong Fooey vibes

Yeah, that's me - number-one super guy, quicker than the human eye. Ha, I remember that cartoon!

I think he's making statements about legal action in the hopes of getting people to stop talking about his situation, both the parts that are known for sure and the parts that are speculation or not corroborated (yet?). He might be creating a version of the Streisand Effect, where your efforts to stop people from talking about something end up drawing even more attention to it.

I agree, he's still handling this all wrong. The best thing he could have done is come out and say he'd messed up, apologize to everyone he'd hurt and let down and promise to do better. Then take a loooong break.

I think the opportunity to do that has long passed and this act he's doing of carrying on as though everything is fine is going to backfire.

• JeffT
    JeffT

I'm not sure he'd have much to worry about, there. Discovery is not a fishing expedition. If he sued someone for defaming him, and their strategy was to use the discovery phase to get his phone/email/etc records, I think they'd be in for a very rude surprise, unless they had very specific requests for very specific records.

Not true, at least in US courts. I've been deposed more than once. A defense attorney can ask for all kinds of things. For example, take the matter of did he or did he not use Patreon funds to pay for prostitutes. He is on public record saying he did not, and he's being libeled. The defense attorney can demand ALL of his bank records, and go through them line by line making him explain what he was paying for and where the money came from. (I've been through a deposition just like that.)

The defense attorney can depose Evans, his wife, his family, her family, members of his congregation you name it. He doesn't have a choice not to answer, the defense lawyer can just have the judge dismiss the case.

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

I think he's making statements about legal action in the hopes of getting people to stop talking about his situation, both the parts that are known for sure and the parts that are speculation or not corroborated (yet?). He might be creating a version of the Streisand Effect, where your efforts to stop people from talking about something end up drawing even more attention to it.

Lloyd would have to find "Marko" and win that lawsuit long before taking on any YouTube content providers or the comments like here, Twitter, YouTube, and Reddit. In order to prove defamation, his lawyers would have to prove that anybody knowingly said something that is false. Libel laws have standards that must be met in order for lawsuits to be successful in court. Saying there is somebody that calls himself "Marko" claiming rather shocking information is not defamation. Plus if he were to go after anybody, he would be forced to show that his past is clean. He has already admitted most of Kim Silvio's statements are facts. Does he really want people to know the full story? Assuming there is more to be known. Then there is the problem that he is in Croatia and most of us are not. Good luck enforcing any judgements from way over there. The lawyer fees alone would bankrupt him.

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

incidentally, and off topic, I always thought this makes him look pretty humble and down to earth. I mean, he's off doing his own shopping, not just sending some skivvy to do it for him. Maybe not what you'd expect of a higher-up in any organization.

Does Tony Morris look like the type of guy that shares his food and liquor? If he sent an assistant to buy it, he would have been obligated to at least buy the guy his own bottle.

• Simon
    Simon
    Does Tony Morris look like the type of guy that shares his food and liquor? If he sent an assistant to buy it, he would have been obligated to at least buy the guy his own bottle.

My initial thought was that he's most likely buying it as gifts for people. Possibly those that work with him / for him.

Damn, I could have made a 3 hours video about it instead of simply stating the bleedin' obvious ...

• AFRIKANMAN
  • Reservations
    Reservations

God, Lloyd is still tweeting nonsense.

Too many tweets make a twat.

And Lloyd is definitely making a twat out of himself.

• silentlamb_silent_no_more
    silentlamb_silent_no_more

Good question(s) in this video.

Is it a conspiracy to frame a guy or is it real? Either way, we would want to know if Watchtower did a serious cover up of a guy who allegedly harmed children, or if another guy went out of his way to play on our emotions and try to frame someone?

Still erring on the side of caution. Even alleged CSA, I'm staying well clear of it, not clicking his videos or nothing. Thank goodness I was never a patreon either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUnR6kKBCLg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit