It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Simon
    Simon
    He just can’t move on can he. He will NEED the WT for the rest of his life, he can’t survive without them. It’s so fucking sad when you think about it. The WT has Lloyd trapped in a weird merry go round scenario that never ends.
    Lloyd thinks he’s his own man, owns his own mind, and does what he wants. But he NEEDS the WT.

Exactly, like most activists they become dependent on the very thing they claim to be against, so ultimately, will seek to perpetuate the status quo when it matters. You see the same thing with Elizabeth Warren, who's made a political career out of "holding the big banks to account" yet when something threatens them she is the first to leap to their defence. Because they are what ultimately butter her bread. Never expect anyone to solve a problem when their income is tied to that problem existing.

He thinks about and spends more time on WT than the average elder pioneer. The average JW forgets about the religion the moment they take their tie off ...
    He’s more trapped than the vast majority of JWs and he doesn’t even know it. And will refuse to ever recognise that sad sad fact. Poor little man.

I honestly quickly found exJWism boring, because little really changes from year to year and decade to decade. People end up hanging on some minor phrase uttered at an assembly by someone which isn't really much of anything, but do we really need a constant stream of 3hr videos to tell us about it and analyze it from every angle? No, and it's clear we don't because things quickly devolve into hyperbole as though the WTS said something they didn't. Tight pants are immodest? Of course they are, is it genuinely "breaking news" that a conservative religious group says it? No, and don't try to make out it's up there with throwing gays off rooftops.

I think evidence that things have jumped the shark is trying to make out that a guy buying some bottles of liquor is a massive scandal, even giving it the "...gate" suffix. It's simply laughably pathetic and immature to think it's any kind of smoking gun of anything. Maybe if the WTS had a prohibition against buying any kind of alcohol, it might be, but they don't, so there's not really any story.

But if your income depends on something happening, you have to pretend that there is.

• Simon
    Simon
    This talk of legal action reminded me of Lloyd's opinion in the case of 'watchtower vs Faithleaks'

Notice it's always different rules for other people, not the same rules for him. He's "special". Maybe he didn't like seeing donations going elsewhere, that he figures may have come his way instead.

I expect there are lots of statements that he's made that will now be ironically funny and dripping with hypocrisy given the recent revelations. He'll now always be a caricature of what he imagines he is.

But he is right, this will follow him now, whatever he does, even if he does manage to win cases there will be people who will remind him about it so he'll spend the rest of his life playing whack-a-mole. There will be no way to escape it while he tries to continue playing his activist role, his only solution will be finding something else to do.

He just hasn't realized or accepted his inevitable fate yet.

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

I think evidence that things have jumped the shark is trying to make out that a guy buying some bottles of liquor is a massive scandal, even giving it the "...gate" suffix. It's simply laughably pathetic and immature to think it's any kind of smoking gun of anything. Maybe if the WTS had a prohibition against buying any kind of alcohol, it might be, but they don't, so there's not really any story.

Sure it was interesting seeing Tony Morris buy that much expensive alcohol. However, Morris buying alcohol is never going to be a reason for people to abandon Watchtower. Lloyd played it up as if that was going to be the next Australian Royal Commission. The testimony by Geoffrey Jackson where he said it would be presumptuous to think Watchtower is the only spokespeople for God is going to cause people to leave Watchtower. Buying $800 in alcohol is not.

Although there are people who will watch an entire 2 plus hour-long rebuttal by Lloyd. How dull one's life must be that such videos pass for entertainment. It was torture to watch the 90 minute confession video.

• cleanideas
    cleanideas

Kim Silvio will be going live on Youtube at 7:00 PM Eastern time today to focus on the current facts regarding The Lloyd Evans Scandal.

https://youtu.be/oRXJ0YVWfSg

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz

I got a gut feeling that this will be a "protect Djiana" video and by association protect Lloyd, I hope I'm wrong

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

From page 309 of the Reluctant Apostate.... another plot twist

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

That’s just a person (not) called Marko who doesn’t fit the same description as another person (not) called Marko. What’s the point of the quoting this page, because I’m struggling to see it?

Kim and Mikey, if you have evidence that Marko is a real person from Croatia who is related to his wife, it’s time you produced it.

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

Kim and/or Mike,

I am going to have to agree with slimboyfat here. "Marko" needs to make himself known or this simply doesn't look good. Don't take this the wrong way, but it would be nice to move beyond the "trust me he's real" stage.

• Simon
    Simon
    From page 309 of the Reluctant Apostate.... another plot twist

Nothing todo with Lloyd, but if anyone reads that you should know there is really nothing to gain from meeting with the WTS, and you don't have to in order to leave. They will pretend you have to, that it's procedure. But just because it's theirs doesn't mean it has to be yours.

If you want to "part ways", all you have to do is simply stop going. They have no authority or power over you other than what you give them.

Simply stop going, and tell them not to contact you. Congratulations, you left!

• Simon
    Simon
    I am going to have to agree with slimboyfat here. "Marko" needs to make himself known or this simply doesn't look good. Don't take this the wrong way, but it would be nice to move beyond the "trust me he's real" stage.

I agree. The longer it remains effectively just an anonymous accusation, the less believable it becomes.

Again, there can be details we aren't privy to, reasons for things to happen or not happen, but they were made public and that shouldn't happen unless someone intends to "go public". Anonymous leaks or accusations have less voracity because anyone can make them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit