It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

If it requires an SSL certificate I hate those things. I spent 5 hours chasing my tail to get one of those until I finally gave up and a technician in the chat help just did it for me. I did not find the process of setting up a website easy at all.

• Chinapomo
    Chinapomo

Slimfat, these days getting an ssl certificate is done automatically by your hosting provider

• Vintage
    Vintage

I knew I'd seen that picture somewhere before. Lloyd the Martyr.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

I for one hope he gets his website(s) back up for sole purpose of making legal threats and giving updates from his lawsuits until the year 2063 as promised.

[Cedars’ Blog - Stardate 11 December 2049] - I have filed a lawsuit with the Galactic Federation in regard to the ongoing defamation. I am saddened to announce that Jessica Evans-Targaryen has been added to the litigation for continued negative comments toward me on Galactic media. If I were Kim or one of her hooligans, I would recommend hiring a well connected Romulan lawyer!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    There was no one else doing what he did. Awakening JW's were still terrified of Watchtower and afraid of losing absolutely everything if they showed their faces on YouTube. Lloyd grabbed the opportunity and ran with it. And all the Blind bowed down and thanked the great "seeing one".

Actually there were plenty of people doing you tube videos and running websites and help groups.

The big difference with Lloyd was that he was the first one that started demanding money for what he was doing. He was fortunate that Patreon and Cash App/Super chats arrived not long after for him to push. Whereas with those who went before, money was never an issue.

His pompous, self important manner and earnest sounding voice probably lead naive people to put trust in him and see him as more believable and intelligent than he really was*. (He certainly took the majority of his stuff from JWfacts.com). His imposing height also probably swayed people to defer to him, as studies have shown psychologically it has that effect on people.

*Although It was quite apparent on this site that he was neurotic at the very least.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

He took ideas and contacts/connections from this website, too.

• Vintage
    Vintage

How tall is Lloyd?

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    The big difference with Lloyd was that he was the first one that started demanding money for what he was doing

Did he ever.

One of his first posts here he came up with the idea for the survey. People were supportive of him and wished him well. So he pays €400 to SurveyMonkey and comes back here with his hand out, thinking encouragement meant the same people should reimburse him. A mod shut him down and it made a lasting impression. So much so that when he wrote his book 5-6 years later he recounted nearly every detail of that exchange, making the point that exJWs seem to oppose him more than the WT.

His acquaintance with Patrick Haeck was described in the book and it revealed a bit about how he goes about getting free shit. Haeck and his extended family planned a trip to the Croatian coast and he invited Lloyd and wife to meet up. He then relates how they were nearly broke but showed up anyway. Not only did Haeck insist they stay in one of their rooms, he booted out his son and girlfriend from theirs and had them sleep on the sofa so Lloyd and Dijana could have their own room to themselves.

What Haeck did was kind and generous. But what Lloyd did was intentionally impose himself and his wife on people he only knew online. If you’re broke, you kindly decline the invitation and instead invite them to your home afterward. Haeck made his way to their home anyway and Lloyd stood by as he built his daughter’s room and left him expensive tools to keep.

He relayed all this as some sort of tribute to Haeck, but it was clear he was all too willing to get a free holiday and his apartment finished at someone else’s expense.

He later dressed as some sort of monk in sandals and allowed Haeck to pay for his now family of three’s trip to Belgium so he could officiate his son’s wedding (in English of course).

The precedent was set. If you wanted Lloyd and family at an event, you pick up the tab.

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO

Vintage:

How tall is Lloyd?

Quite tall, I would say 100% taller than 6’2”, however my best estimate is 6’4” 👍

I’m 5’8” and he absolutely towers me

• lloydevansparody
    lloydevansparody
    I’m 5’8” and he absolutely towers me

Size isn't everything 😉

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit