It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

I'm not sure that it was about the right person at the right time. It might even be the opposite, the wrong person at the wrong time. He joined a small community that was going about its business in a loose and generally cooperative manner, and steamrolled his way through it. People were willing to help him because they didn't realize that he was out for himself only, and by the time some of them realized what a problem he was, he had just enough support to get away with pushing them aside. Many simply walked away when they realized the effort was more than it was worth to fight back, especially when the response from many was to pile on. Anyone who wanted to do their thing peacefully fell in line, anyone who tried to fight back either walked away or was marginalized.

The time is always ripe for an amoral opportunist to overwhelm a small community and poison it. There might be a chance to run him out of this one, but people will need to make sure not to underestimate him.

• Toblerone5
    Toblerone5

We all know what happen with our ''New Year's resolution''...And he miss writing? So that mean is NOT writing any book , LIAR!

• Vintage
    Vintage

He didn't say for "which" new year that was his resolution. Lol. 2026?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Wasn’t his last resolution to ‘be the best father and husband he can be’? 🤔

Following that pattern, maybe his resolution to return to writing blogs will turn out somewhat unexpectedly.

• DerekMoors
    DerekMoors

I call bullshit. You don't need to do squat to keep a website online other than pay the bill to your hosting service and renew the domain when needed. He let them lapse because no one is those fees for him anymore, and I bet anything he's reading this thread and saw us call him out on it. Now he has to figure out how to manage it by himself, unless he can guilt Tibor into doing all the heavy lifting for his sites as well as his videos.

Also... "filmmaking"? Recording some random shit on your phone and slapping on an overly dramatic, scenery chewing voiceover doesn't make you a filmmaker. Just call them what they are Lloyd... a two hour ego fest that no one is watching.

• DerekMoors
    DerekMoors

Plus this just happened.

• Simon
    Simon

So he's giving himself over a month to simply fix a website? Shows how much he values his "information", LOL

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz

@TonusOH ,I agree entirely, although I was peacefully running my own website jwdoctrine.com he attacked me on my covering activism in Britain back in 2014-2016, in the end I felt there was no much reason carrying on since I had no time and no support ,and he was just growing daily by pushing others out of the way, he is a scum like his whole family , totally unpalatable creature. Judging from his dad that he has yet to step down as an elder despite everyone wanting him too I'd say he will fight it till the bitter end.He is like a bad smell that won't go away.

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO
    So he's giving himself over a month to simply fix a website? Shows how much he values his "information", LOL

Don’t even start me on about his website!!! It’s a very sore point 🤬🤬🤬🤬

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

I'm wondering how much work will be required to get it back online and running as before. It's been many years since I had a website and I don't know how site hosts work these days. Would he be able to reach out to the webhost and get the site restored from a backup? That would be the quickest and easiest path, but I have no idea how cooperative a site host would be with a deadbeat account that was relatively small.

Otherwise, there is a whole list of questions I have. Does he have the domain name, or is it unsecured or belongs to someone else? Does he have backups of the site, in the event that he needs to restore it? Does he know, or have someone who knows, how to do that and get all of the links and scripts working? (Or is that even necessary? Maybe it's a WordPress site or something?)

There is a lot to wonder about even before we get to the question of whether he has the drive or desire to update the site regularly anymore. Writing short articles should not be an issue for him, he seems to spend all day typing up missives on social media. Short commentary on JW 'news of the day' should be something he can get back to doing with ease, so long as his heart is still in it. If he sees it as beneath him, as a step back, he might struggle to do it. And let's be honest, he's not the sharpest writer on his best day. If the effort isn't there, the site will die quickly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit