It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Toblerone5
    Toblerone5
    His patron numbers seem to be dropping now in the middle of the month

He does read our comments...LOL...pathetic... He remind me of the Watchtower, begging for $$$...He forgot to mention More ''VACATIONS" ,more ''Karaoke ", More "Instagram" photos of my ex-wife and my kids, more "Trip" to Sisak...courthouse, and off course more sex-workers ''Girlfriends" ...

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    He does read our comments...LOL...pathetic... He remind me of the Watchtower, begging for $$$
    He does this every time he gets close to the end of month drop. He’s trying to mitigate the losses so that he doesn’t drop too far. It might have been my comment about him dropping below 400 that spurred that. Both our posts were 10 hours ago. His post only gathered 13 likes.

Well hi Jabba! Good luck on the starvation diet but remember, no one can fix ugly. You can thank your dad for those genes you carry, and I can see your jowls are well on their way to full development. Might be time to try on one of those tweed caps that overweight and lonely British men wear whilst feeding the pigeons at the park.

Les jeux sont faits.

The game is up. No more bets. Your Patreon appeals are falling upon deaf ears. No one believes you need the money anymore. If you want to go to the UK/North America or Australia, you are going to need to pull out whatever cash you still have left from your grift. Which you of course won’t do.

I also noticed that you left out “documentaries” from your to-do list even though you still owe one as part of your 380 Patron goal. Is this because you only have Tibor and Dijana helping you or are you still so irritated at over half your Patrons deserting you that you don’t intend to honour that pledge?

Will you be man enough to report that your lawsuit has failed or will you just pull a “JW 1975” style bait and switch and pretend you never threatened people with one?

I get two guesses at that but I’ll only need one. For someone who loves to call people “cowards” online, you are the biggest one.
  • JeffT
    JeffT

"The smallest pledge each month really does help our small team keep churning out the content."

I don't think that is what you meant to say. "Churn" is not a good thing in a business. It usually refers to customers that stop doing business with you and move over to your competition.

Investment brokers also use to describe how they manipulate customer portfolios to generate sales commissions. As in "I made $10,000 last month just by churning my clients' accounts.

Edited to add: perhaps this is a difference in how words are used on our respective sides of the pond. All the more reason to make sure you're using the words you want to be using.

In manufacturing it is taken to mean producing vast amounts of low quality goods.

As a writer I'm tuned into using words with care. I'm surprised that some one trying to use words to make a living isn't more careful about how he uses them. Perhaps its my education in English literature and accounting combined with twenty-five years or so in the business world.

• Listener
    Listener

Good pick up as a business man Jeff T. It has the same meaning here in Australia.

That's exactly what he is doing, just churning the video's out and he well knows it. He seems to have no personal pride in the quality of his work.

• Vintage
    Vintage

You are both right. I agree. So does Cambridge Dictionary.

"churn something out

phrasal verb with churn verb
    informal

to produce a large amount of something quickly, usually of low quality:

The factory churns out thousands of pairs of these shoes every week.
    She churns out a new best-selling novel every year.
  • Simon
    Simon
    "The smallest pledge each month really does help our small team keep churning out the content."
    I don't think that is what you meant to say.

Yeah, "churn out" is producing low quality shoddy crap quickly for fools to buy.

Oh wait, it probably was what he should say after all!

At least he knows he produces shit for suckers.

• ThomasCovenant
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Jeff Edited to add: perhaps this is a difference in how words are used on our respective sides of the pond. All the more reason to make sure you're using the words you want to be using

I've noticed him use that word before too and it has the same meaning in the UK: Churning = turning out a lot of rubbish.

I think it's to do with him hearing other You Tuber's use the phrase. Bit of a Freudian slip and sounds as if making maximum profit is the goal, rather than reasoned responses to watchtower.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

“Churn” is backstage YouTuber vocabulary, to borrow from Erving Goffman’s terminology. LE isn’t bright enough realise you’re not meant to use the word in “front-stage”, as it were.

https://www.thoughtco.com/goffmans-front-stage-and-back-stage-behavior-4087971

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Eh, I think he really meant to say that the donations help him to keep shitting out content. God bless him, he's trying to stay humble by only upgrading the term to "churn." He might save himself after all!

As for his promise to produce a documentary, there's a really juicy one that he could call "How I Ruined 2022 For Myself and My Family." Can't wait!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit