It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Vintage
    Vintage

I wasn't around when this thread first started. I think it was around 300 pages when I found it. (Not sure of this number. Haven't checked. Just guessing.) But it sounds like it was quite a rough ride when it was first getting started. So, was Lloyd banned from reddit by the time this present thread started? (I might not even be asking this question correctly.)

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO
    Some people hadn’t learnt a fucking thing. And it took Kim to put herself out there to get absolutely crucified online and a drunken livestream from Lloyd for them to finally get the message that Lloyd Evans is a total fraud and grifter.
    That’s way more shameful than this thread ever was at its very worst.

The first weeks/months were hard however I became heartened when people stopped and started thinking with their logical brains after the emotions settled down. I hope it’s a lesson we all learn from. We are easily triggered and lack emotional regulation when we leave the cult. We also lose or never developed critical thinking skills. It is my hope that we each analyse honestly where we are in our recovery from the cult xx

• Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972

I was around the first time Lloyd was exposed (then called John Cedars.) I had an interaction with him on Christmas day of all days back in the day, I have been banned from the exJW Reddit group and a UK Facebook support group, I even got lambasted here for my comments on one occasion.

Marc and Cora also got the treatment, as did Mike and Kim, and many others. Back in the day, this guy could do no wrong and he has hordes of flying monkeys to leap to his defense. The only thing he needed to do was put out a tweet and his army of flying monkeys would then go to work whilst he sat back rubbing his hands with joy. He has gotten so confident he thought by going on a Livestream and telling all, he would still have his hoards of supporters. Yes, he still has a few, but they are dwindling in numbers, and we are now seeing people be more confident in going against this low life.

Once a reputation is damaged, it is very difficult to recover.

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO
    Back in the day, this guy could do no wrong and he has hordes of flying monkeys to leap to his defense. The only thing he needed to do was put out a tweet and his army of flying monkeys would then go to work whilst he sat back rubbing his hands with joy. He has gotten so confident he thought by going on a Livestream and telling all, he would still have his hoards of supporters.

FACT! The livestream was a “call to arms” and a sympathy search. It’s very sad that in the past this was all he needed to do to silence people or damage others opinions of those who spoke against him. Lloyd used to refer to them as “activist wars”. All I hear is “apostate lies” now.

Simply because someone disagrees with him doesn’t make it a war.

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO
    So, was Lloyd banned from reddit by the time this present thread started? (I might not even be asking this question correctly.)

From memory, I don’t believe Lloyd was ever banned from Reddit, I do remember him posting a farewell Reddit post as he took objection to a post by someone asking why people don’t like him. (Again, my memory is vague).

I do know he was banned from JWN however I don’t know how long ago he was banned.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

The first weeks/months were hard however I became heartened when people stopped and started thinking with their logical brains after the emotions settled down - we're with you, Kim.

You've done nothing wrong. You went public about Sweaty Neckbeard due to genuine concerns that this man shouldn't have anything to do with CSA issues because of his dalliances with people who sell sex.

Hold your head up, you've got nothing to be ashamed of - nothing.

Roy Devans, on the other hand

• Simon
    Simon
    Man is his spot going to suck. I'm sure the audience will just gobble up his Kingdom Hall stories and be on the floor laughing.
    His main problem is that I don't think he can laugh at himself. If he could, he'd have material to spare.

I can imagine that what HE thinks is funny ... just isn't, and it might just be another bitter public breakdown:

"They didn't like that I regularly cheated on my wife with prostitutes ... SO I SUED THEM!!! HA ha, ha ha ha ha haaaaa!!!"

(silence)

• Simon
    Simon
    The first weeks/months were hard however I became heartened when people stopped and started thinking with their logical brains after the emotions settled down. I hope it’s a lesson we all learn from.

I always try to support someone who appears to be a whistle blower. Not because I know for certain that they are telling the truth, but because it's unlikely they are going to take all that heat without good reason and in general, I think we should always support anyone who's willing to stick their head above the wall and speak out about things. Society needs people like that for self correction.

Same applies for Covid, gender issues and everything else too.

• Simon
    Simon
    I do know he was banned from JWN however I don’t know how long ago he was banned.

It was quite a while, when the AAWA thing blew up but he'd been trouble for some time before that.

He was just pure unadulterated asshole and the forum was better without his corrupting presence, although he still tried to have influence, making threats if people made non-fawning comments on his videos. He always tries to control what can be said about him.

That's why I blocked every link to his website and usually removed his videos if people posted them.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

Lloyd was never banned from the xJW Reddit. He voluntarily left and PB created JW Watch Reddit. He still had a lot of fans there even after his meltdown and it seems they have returned since the demise of JW Watch.

Before he was banned from here, his post count was limited to like 5 a day. And of course that wasn’t enough for him so he started posting under his wife’s account (Mrs Cedars). I saw a huge red flag that he had the password for her account and just took it over.

His wife made only a handful of posts herself. After all, she was only good for “exchanging recipes” and he falsely claimed her English wasn’t fluent. It was all part of his overall plan to isolate her, and when she did post he was lurking so it made it uneasy to post anything in response to her. He was quick to claim him and his wife were being attacked on the slightest provocation and it wasn’t worth it.

Mrs Cedars, we hardly knew ye.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit