It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Vintage
    Vintage

Was Lloyd banned from this "9 long years" thread?

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO
    she and Steven Unthank got for literally changing watchtower doctrine?

It might be worth reassessing your opinions of all “apostates” who make outrageous claims with fresh eyes.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Was Lloyd banned from this "9 long years" thread?

Lloyd was/is banned from this site, JWN. His posts are still up but his account is locked. He can’t post anymore.

But what I think is wrong is standing by and watching Kim on the end of a tirade of abuse from exjws for stating the truth. Anyone & everyone should condemn that, no matter what your opinion of Lloyd is.

That’s really what the livestream was all about. It was a huge bat signal for everyone to dump on Kim which he fully expected would then happen. What he didn’t expect was for several prominent friends & allies of his to actually put on their thinking cap once the shock wore off. Some took a week or more, others took a month or so to fully understand what they were being sold.

He, his wife and kids all had their fares paid (and I've no doubt accomodations) which is a hellova lot of money.

I’ll look for it if you are interested, but someone who met him at the Aussie event called him out on xJW Reddit for seeming to want all the attention and enjoying the fruits of the generosity of others. It went about as well as you could imagine. Vintage Lloyd. First he hissed at him that he was posting from the comfort of his anonymity. The guy then claps back at him and says “I was the guy with the beard who stood next to you whilst you were speaking with Javier Ortiz”. Lloyd then changes tack and goes after him as “the creepy bearded stalker” as if he never looked in a mirror.

I don’t claim to know much about the Aussie event and I’m sure there are many who know more. What I did hear was some chatter from Aus/NZ exJWs who were under the impression that Lloyd and his family were in need and it would be best if they could chip in to help with what was a truly altruistic venture. They were shocked at what they witnessed.

A family of four get flown from Croatia to Australia and it’s for Lloyd to interview people? I think this is why the revelation that he was regularly seeing prostitutes for several years stung so much for many. He brought his family up front and centre and made a huge display out of it, but in reality they were enabling another asshole of a husband who was putting on a show and in true WT style was collecting on both ends. Did the Patreon funds stop while he was in Australia? He got paid twice over!

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO
    What I did hear was some chatter from Aus/NZ exJWs who were under the impression that Lloyd and his family were in need and it would be best if they could chip in to help with what was a truly altruistic venture. They were shocked at what they witnessed.

I was one of those aussies. The impression was very much that without funding they couldn’t afford to come. Everything was paid for by others. My contribution was very small in comparison to one couple in Australia. I am reasonably informed that they were out of pocket AUD $15,000.00

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    I am reasonably informed that they were out of pocket AUD $15,000.00

I’m almost afraid to ask as I think I know what the answer may be. Was this money funnelled directly to Lloyd? Not asking for a name, but was this all gathered by one person who then paid Lloyd? Or were his tickets bought directly out of this slush fund as well as other amenities and the remainder just donated to him directly? How exactly was this distributed if you know and don’t mind sharing?

Have to hand it to him, he out-WTed the Watchtower with his donation schemes.

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO
    Was this money funnelled directly to Lloyd? Not asking for a name, but was this all gathered by one person who then paid Lloyd? Or were his tickets bought directly out of this slush fund as well as other amenities and the remainder just donated to him directly? How exactly was this distributed if you know and don’t mind sharing?

One person collected the funds and paid for tickets, accomodation, the venue and other miscellaneous costs. The person who collected the money and paid for everything was VERY out of pocket and had to pay the difference out of their pocket.

I was not that person, I contributed but wasn’t organising the trip/event

• Simon
    Simon
    I am reasonably informed that they were out of pocket AUD $15,000.00

Holy shit-balls, I'm sorry, but WTF is WRONG with people?!?!

How on earth does someone need to fly half way round the world, wife and kids in tow, to "interview" someone?

Just open a bloody zoom call or whatever, and we've had those for the last 10-20 years.

This notion that money == action is just an insidious flame that attracts annoying moths like Lloyd.

If you leave the WTS, save your money. There is nothing you need to donate to anymore. There is nothing that needs funding. The most effective things are all free.

• Simon
    Simon
    The person who collected the money and paid for everything was VERY out of pocket and had to pay the difference out of their pocket.

Sounds like when you go out for a meal and everyone chips in the exact amount for their meal, probably without tax and forgetting drinks, and if you're the one who pays the bill you have to pay the tip too.

Never be that schmuck.

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO
    If you leave the WTS, save your money. There is nothing you need to donate to anymore. There is nothing that needs funding. The most effective things are all free.

100%!!!!!

Never be that schmuck.

Absolutely, I felt really bad for these people when I realised what was truly going on ….

• Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972

This money-giving thing seems to be a watchtower thing. I remember a prominent pioneer in the previous hall I was in who was always pleading poverty. She would be the one arranging holidays and asking for money for said holidays, she would then say she could not afford one for herself and her family. We can guess what happened next, the one arranging these holidays would have everything paid for her.

She and another elder were the very reason I started to wake up. They were horrible individuals. I even caught her one day looking at me with what could only be described as pure hatred on her face. This event stuck with me for a long time, because I have never seen anyone look that venomous in my life. If evil exists, she and the elder are prime examples of such evil.

I think this is why I see through Lloyd, because I have witnessed firsthand just how evil people can be, especially when it comes to cult ideology.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit