It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Hasn't Twitter been losing money? And that $44 billion valuation is hilariously inflated. Musk needs Twitter to generate income because he overpaid for it and is looking at a massive loss if he can't stabilize it.

Not sure why Evans cares, aside from virtue signaling. He wasn't a blue-check before. Now he can rent a blue-check. Isn't he the same guy who nickel-and-dimes people all the time? $150 to get your story in his book is fine, but $8 for a totally-unnecessary checkmark icon next to his Twitter handle is a problem?

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    He is upset that Twitter will charge for Blue Checks.

He should actually welcome that as it is the only way he’ll ever get a blue check. He’s been wanting a blue check for some time as he views himself as a media personality. Mike Rinder and Steve Hassan have blue checks and he thinks that if they get one so should he.

• Toblerone5
    Toblerone5

His video on Catholics is not even out yet , and already Gail wrote him that on his twitter page...and so far he didn't respond to her...I can't wait to see all the comment from catholics he will get from that stupid video...unless like usual he delete them...

• DerekMoors
    DerekMoors

I don't know his point in debating Catholics, unless he assumes he's gonna wake up a few members and they'll start worshiping him for his wisdom and saving them from the horrors of church.

Whatever his motives, he's barking up the wrong tree. Most Catholics I know couldn't care less if their religion is "right" or worry about debating doctrine, they have the "believe in the lord Jesus and you'll be saved" attitude.

Plus Catholicism is fun for the people I know, they love their Christmas and Easter and big fancy churches. All they need to do is attend mass a few times. One couple I know even does volunteer work through the church.

So Lloyd is thinking he'll save them from that?

And by having a debate over praying and creationism? God he is so clueless.

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector
    He is upset that Twitter will charge for Blue Checks.
    He should actually welcome that as it is the only way he’ll ever get a blue check. He’s been wanting a blue check for some time as he views himself as a media personality. Mike Rinder and Steve Hassan have blue checks and he thinks that if they get one so should he.

Only the absolutely foolish would buy a monthly subscription for a blue checkmark. It is practically the same price as a subscription for online services like Netflix or Disney+. Will Lloyd buy it to appear more authentic? It would give me a few seconds of amusement if he did. As for Twitter in general, yes I use it and like the platform, but I could just as easily go without if it goes down like My Space. I barely use Facebook and don't care about any of the others out there.

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector
    I don't know his point in debating Catholics, unless he assumes he's gonna wake up a few members and they'll start worshiping him for his wisdom and saving them from the horrors of church.

What of his followers that never were JWs and are Catholics or left Watchtower to become Catholics? Did he even think this plan through? Is Lloyd's plan to alienate the remainder of his ever decreasing audience? It amuses me that he is so militant atheist and so determined to be right about everything that he will risk ruining the remainder of his following. Yes there is a growing segment that doesn't believe in god. There is a larger percentage that doesn't care if there is a god, doesn't have an opinion, or believes it is a personal decision where a organized religion is unnecessary. The ones like that aren't looking for his channel. They are watching other videos on YouTube far more interesting.

• DerekMoors
    DerekMoors
    It amuses me that he is so militant atheist and so determined to be right about everything that he will risk ruining the remainder of his following.

That's probably it, this new venture of his has nothing to do with waking up Catholics but he just wants to hear his own voice and remind himself of how right he is in rejecting religion.

As a fellow atheist I will say it's just obnoxious behavior. Definitely call out abusive religious practices but who cares if someone believes in god, worships trees, calls themselves a warlock, or lives in a coven. Considering how stubborn he is with his own opinions, he's not exactly in a position to criticize someone else's.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    TOHHasn't Twitter been losing money? And that $44 billion valuation is hilariously inflated. Musk needs Twitter to generate income because he overpaid for it and is looking at a massive loss if he can't stabilize it.
    Not sure why Evans cares, aside from virtue signaling

God he's so predictable. Yes it was wildly inflated. Musk wants what Lloyd claims to want and has been banging on about for years....free and open debate.

As usual he wade's in without knowing the first damn thing. Complaining about the blue check is absurd. We are not the customers, we are the product. Advertisers are the customers and at the moment they're probably in Elon's ear threatening to withdraw, like General Motors. Woke advertisers have a stranglehold on how the site is moderated. If we want genuine free debate/speech we should support a business model that relies less on advertising.

These people aren't pissed that they have to pay for a blue check, they are pissed that anyone can pay for a blue check. They claim to be egalitarian, yet they want to maintain their elitist status quo.

LMsAHe’s been wanting a blue check for some time as he views himself as a media personality. Mike Rinder and Steve Hassan have blue checks and he thinks that if they get one so should he.

Lloyd's just a rank and file ex Jehovah's witness with a you tube channel and a self published memoir. At least Hassan has a doctorate and is a certified therapist. Rinder is an Emmy award winning television presenter and was a Scientology senior exec, with genuine insider knowledge - there's no comparison, Lloyd.

• Vintage
    Vintage

Lloyd seems, to me, to be angry with “God” in general. Exposing Catholicism as a false religion does nothing to wake up Jehovah’s Witnesses from “their” Watchtower false religion. Neither does exposing Catholicism as a false religion protect any CSA victims from Watchtower’s counter-productive judicial meeting rule book.

Wiki gives a newly minted term: slacktivism.

”Performative activism is activism done to increase one’s social capital rather than because of one’s devotion to a cause. It is often associated with surface-level activism, referred to as slacktivism. The term gained an increased usage on social media in the wake of the George Floyd protests.”

• vienne
    vienne

I don't care what Lloyd Boy 'exposes,' he is inept, and he hasn't learned from his experience. He will slowly decline, but I think he will 'hang on' hoping for a recovery -- some how, from somewhere, sometime.

Lloyd, go back to school. Get your degree. Become gainfully employed. Adopt some morals. Stop lying.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit