It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Pasta_Hour
    Pasta_Hour

Where is my lawsuit, Lloyd? I was promised a lawsuit! Why has it been 6 months now without word one from your unfrozen caveman lawyer? I thought you had a "legal team" on my case? You tracked down my personal info like a total freak and I got your "warning letter" in the mail- so are you planning on following through with anything? Why are you even suing me in the first place? Because I committed the sin of figuring you out? You accepted money back in 2017 to launch a lawsuit against me, remember? so where is it?

• Parzival
    Parzival

He won't fire TIbor the gracious, he is his rent-a-friend

• Vintage
    Vintage

Still, Tibor is on thin ice. "Sorry, Tibor. It was you or my child's haircut."

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector
    Where is my lawsuit, Lloyd? I was promised a lawsuit!

Maybe Lloyd is saving the lawsuits as a Christmas gift. Just beware that he has been found at least once in a compromised position involving a Christmas tree.

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO

FROM PAGE 615:

@Kim Silvio (sorry, don't know how to actually tag, if someone knows how to get her attention):
    I have a question about that stupid lawsuit Lloyd thinks he's filing. He admitted to soliciting prostitutes on his livestream, which is a crime. He says he didn't go to Thailand purposely for solicitation but I'm sure a good prosecutor could make a case for sex tourism.
    This attorney he hired asked for money to make the case go away, right?

The attorney asked for money as compensation for the “damages” alleged to have been done to his client as a result of my disclosure. There was no promise that the case would go away, however he also requested that I issue an apology also,and remove all the alleged defamatory material. This, in my opinion, is what Lloyd really wanted. It is my opinion that he was trying to bully his way through the mess as it would appear that he has done on many occasions previously.

So my question is, how is that not witness tampering, or extortion?

Attorney’s hold certain rights (in most countries I assume). I don’t know the laws in Croatia however in most western countries an attorney could be subject to extortion charges if they fail to gather any facts or information that would support a claim being lodged. Malice would also need to be proven amongst all of the other elements of extortion.

I personally don’t believe that extortion is an issue in this situation. An attorney’s advice and actions are only as good as the information given to them by their client.

Lloyd did something illegal and you're reporting on it, not necessarily to authorities but you can make the argument that any web user or blogger acts as a news reporter and that you could be a witness to his confession if he was ever charged with that crime. Trying to silence someone from reporting on a crime or someone who might be a witness in a future criminal case sounds like a crime itself.

I do not believe that witness tampering is an issue in this case, however depending on the jurisdiction and the specifics of the laws, it could be an argument. As Lloyd is the prosecutor, I have no idea how that would work, as it would usually be the prosecution who lodges complaints regarding witness tampering. The claim hadn’t been lodged either at the time the letter was issued so I don’t think a claim of witness tampering would be considered.

Demanding money from someone reporting on a crime sounds like extortion, or something similar...?

Especially since there has been no formal information sent to the “defendants”, the whole thing sounds bonkers…..

Has anyone thought to send that back to whatever attorney he hired and tell them that they need to rescind that letter or you'll report them to whatever group oversees attorney conduct in their area?

I did send a letter back to Lloyd’s attorneys and tried to speak to them on the phone however I did not receive any correspondence from his attorneys at all (today is the 3rd of November 2022 and still nothing). A copy of my correspondence can be found here https://www.keepandshare.com/doc30/113177/copy-redacted-pdf-848k

I'm no lawyer obviously but thought I'd just toss that out there, food for thought.

Always good to hear other peoples thoughts.

• pr0ner
    pr0ner

@Simon

This is why I think Lloyd is missing a few marbles. He's not just *not* smart, he's actually dumb.

It's curious that the psychologist Andrew Gold interviewed (couldn't find the video on Andrew's page) about Lloyd mentioned he felt he was a psychopath (IIRC). The definition of a psychopath: a mentally unstable person especially: a person having an egocentric and antisocial personality marked by a lack of remorse for one's actions, an absence of empathy for others, and often criminal tendencies.

Psychopaths can be cunning while calm yet totally stupid when they feel insulted often acting instead of thinking.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Dr Sohom Das is the psychiatrist’s name. You’d think the charge of being a narcissistic psychopath is potentially defamatory, yet curiously LE didn’t send any legal threats to Dr Das. 🤔

There is definitely a level of cunning involved in him getting people to pay his way for years and covering his tracks as to how he treats people including his own family. Superficial charm is one phrase I think the psychiatrist used. I have seen programs about Ted Bundy - I’m sure other have - about how charming he could be to strangers, and even in prison when people knew his past. Some psychopaths are highly intelligent, but not all it seems. As Simon says, claiming poverty when it comes his child’s haircut, then flaunting frivolous purchases for himself scarcely indicates much intelligence.

• pr0ner
    pr0ner

@Slimboyfat One theory I had on his no-money outburst was that he may have had to pay for something that day that he didn't think was fair. It might have been about paying for his kids haircut feeling his wife should do it. It seemed too random with the details and manic. Looked like a lot of misplaced anger to me. But that's just me playing armchair psychologist.

• Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972

It's kinda Ironic he thought to post a pic of one of the evilest individuals in cinematic history. I guess he went over to the dark side after all.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH
    slimboyfat: yet curiously LE didn’t send any legal threats to Dr Das.

That was my impression as well. After the initial video, Andrew Gold unmasked him and interviewed Dr. Das, but he also interviewed Kim Silvio, over Lloyd's fervent objections. But Evans never filed charges against Gold or Das, even though their words are easily accessible to anyone with an internet connection and web browser.

I think he realizes that he's a big fish in a very small pond. Bullying fellow exJWs is one thing, but he has had trouble controlling the narrative even with them. Moving up a few ranks would have put him in a situation where he was getting a lot more attention (most of it negative) and where he would be badly outgunned in terms of the ability to reach people with a message.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit