It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

2)So that when & if he lodges a civil suit, he can document that he registered a criminal complaint as supporting evidence?

I think that depends on the rules regarding evidence for civil trials in Croatia. It's likely that they would allow it, since it can help with the determination of liability. But Evans would not want to refer to it unless there was a conviction. Stating in a civil trial that he tried to initiate criminal proceedings but was unsuccessful would hurt his case. An acquittal would be worse, and the defendants could use that to undermine his case (if they, for some reason, decided to travel to Croatia to defend themselves, lol). But the criminal case won't go anywhere. He filed it (assuming he really did file it) for the PR value.

Or for what he perceived to be the PR value, anyway. I think the 'legal action' angle is a bad idea that will blow up in his face.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    If something is free to do with no barrier to it being initiated, then it can't be used as evidence of anything other than it was initiated. So it should neither strengthens or weakens the other case. Only a verdict would do that.

I agree it's completely meaningless as evidence. I suppose I'm just assuming they may question it if he hadn't completed it as a formality?*

TonusOH *Assuming it hadn't got to trial before he lodges civil, which I cannot imagine it would have. Either because of a massive backlog in cases, or because of juristrictional issues. Either of which could have been the real reason he actually bothered with something so pointless - purely PR stunt!

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    I agree it's completely meaningless as evidence. I suppose I'm just assuming they may question it if he hadn't completed it as a formality?

This is the foundation of his thought process since the time he posted here. He thinks if one thing is true, then the other must certainly be true. He's huge on the bandwagon, appeal to authority and false dilemma logical fallacies.

He would write articles on CSA and post them here asking for "feedback". But the only feedback he wanted was to correct a typo or for people to praise it. When folks called him out on faulty reasoning, he would quip: "Well I sent that to Candace Conti and her mother and THEY think it's great! I'll trust their viewpoint on this more so than yours, thank you. And you've had an axe to grind against me so you are only trying to discredit and attack"

So in his line of thinking, just because someone is a "defendant", then that automatically detracts from anything they might have to say in their defence.

Except when the accused is him.

• Simon
    Simon
    I think that depends on the rules regarding evidence for civil trials in Croatia. It's likely that they would allow it, since it can help with the determination of liability

If that were true, then every civil case would be proceeded by a criminal case, regardless of the chance of success.

Basic logic - if simply submitting a claim counted as "evidence" then everyone would do it as a matter of course. It would destroy their criminal justice system by overloading it.

Which is why I don't believe it would count as evidence.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH
    If that were true, then every civil case would be proceeded by a criminal case, regardless of the chance of success.

You are correct. I meant to refer to a case that has already been adjudicated, which can mean that it was dismissed by a judge (which is what I expect will happen) or that the defendant was found guilty or innocent. For Evans, the only outcome that would be useful to him would be a guilty verdict.

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector
    For Evans, the only outcome that would be useful to him would be a guilty verdict.

Imagine for a bit being criminally liable of upsetting the feelings of a British snowflake YouTube vlogger. Never happening.

• Vintage
    Vintage

THE CROATIAN PARLIAMENT, 2498

legislationonline.org

(The link refuses to post here.)

CRIMINAL CODE, GENERAL PART, TITLE I

BASIC PROVISIONS

(Page 3 of online document)

Criminal Offences Committed Aboard a Croatian Vessel or Aircraft

Article 11

The criminal legislation of the Republic of Croatia shall also apply to anyone who commits a criminal offence aboard a Croatian vessel or aircraft, regardless of the location of the vessel or the aircraft at the time the criminal offence was committed.

Was the scuba diving boat a Croatian vessel? Did the “date” go scuba diving with Evans?

• CalvinistEmily
    CalvinistEmily

We know he checks the thread because of the green screen chat, he complained about it on Twitter and inadvertently brought even more attention to it. "Hello there", Lloyd, hope your next victim is an Aileen Wuornos or Cyntoia Brown kind of gal

• Toblerone5
    Toblerone5

O.M.G! THANK YOU KIM SILVIO

https://youtu.be/QO0ty_MpQJ8

• Simon
    Simon

Putting his wife first ... not!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit