It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    since when does a court, any court, use only initials on filed papers through the court?

The web service only exists as a courtesy so that people don't have to go into or call into the Sisak Municipal Court every time they need an update. The initials only represent a log of documents filed. The real documents of course have the full name "James Lloyd Evans" on them as well as the M7.

Countries using the "private prosecutor" feature for criminal offences expose themselves (wording!) to a lot of cases which have no merit and are opened out of vengeance or spite. This would never fly in the US, UK, Western Europe and especially Latin America. Can you imagine all the road rage incidents ending up in criminal court with both parties counter-suing each other for petty grievances and trying to play the cop?

And yes, there are the "someone insulted me on the internet and caused me distress" cases.

To successfully litigate this case, it needs to pass a series of thresholds. These judges are not stupid and can recognise a case opened with the sole intent of revenge or harm against the alleged defendant. So these thresholds are well known to the magistrates. The most common threshold is "do the alleged actions constitute a crime?". The next threshold will be "does the private prosecutor have evidence of said crime?"

In Evans's case, he needs to meet an even lower threshold, one of jurisdiction which would have been met if the accused had lived and committed the alleged crimes in Croatia. The problem he has is that ALL of the alleged defendants reside outside the borders of the Republic of Croatia, and that ALL of the alleged infractions also occurred outside these borders. Inside the filings there are specific criminal codes in Croatia that are alleged to have been violated. Are these foreigners subject to Croatian law, especially when these incidents occurred abroad?

Can Saudi Arabia prosecute a non-citizen/resident for drinking alcohol in Amsterdam?

A better analogy would be could a British court hold an American citizen shitposting abroad to the UK's notoriously strict anti-defamation/libel laws?

Is a Sisak Municipal Court judge willing to sign an order effectively extraditing 7 foreign nationals to Sisak? They still can't even get Julian Assange into a US court and this has been going on since 2010.

Can a judge actually watch the Lloyd Evans livestream and subsequently think he has a case?

This is why no one is taking this seriously.

• ForeverAlone
    ForeverAlone

Thank you LMsA for clearing some of that up. I truly enjoy your posts which contain a valuable wealth of knowledge.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Thank you LMsA for clearing some of that up. I truly enjoy your posts which contain a valuable wealth of knowledge.

Me too. They're gold ❤️

• Vintage
    Vintage

Back on page 581, “was a new boy” posted a link to Mark O’Donnell’s website. https://www.jwchildabuse.org/news/jehovahs-witnesses-post-mandatory-reporting-training-instructions-existing-policies-unchanged/

On that site is a new (Oct 4) article about an online Illinois government training on CSA that elders are being told by the Society to take. Of interest, there’s no change in the protection Watchtower provides JW pedophiles. Also, elders are instructed by Watchtower to identify themselves on the training “sign up” as “religious volunteers” and for them to answer the question, “Who is your employer?” by saying “none”. Basically, that will protect Watchtower legally and leave the elders exposed to lawsuits and prosecution. Any wife of any elder should think about the repercussions to her and her children if her “elder” husband gets fined or imprisoned because of following Watchtower-Bethel’s-service-desk orders which go against state law.

• JeffT
    JeffT

I agree with Vintage, the elders are getting hung out to dry. I have no doubt the big boys will not think twice about leaving the little people dangling in wind.

• Vintage
    Vintage

Thanks, JeffT. The Service Desk men give advice, but won’t give their names.

• Vintage
    Vintage

Two days ago, I found a lesser-known video of Barbara Anderson. This one is called Barbara Describes New Changes to "Two Witness Rule". It’s three years old, the same as her “My History” video, but this one is entirely dedicated to the subject of CSA.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=Q9dCHqEMObo&feature=emb_logo

Like the books and videos of Ray Franz, hearing about Watchtower’s graft and corruption in handling CSA from Barbara Anderson is powerful because of her first-hand knowledge.

I realize that this thread is not primarily about CSA. However, a supposed “activist” has been cashing in on being able to mesmerize the unwary into paying him to lead them. When that “activist” became so enamored of himself that he bragged of his illicit exploits, people who have consciences decided to state their shock and disapproval.

Barbara’s video is only nine minutes long. So review it if you’ve got an extra nine minutes.

• ForeverAlone
    ForeverAlone

One of the biggest narcissists of all time is Donald Trump and at one time he said this.

"I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody, and I wouldn't lose any voters, OK?" Trump remarked at a campaign stop at Dordt College in Sioux Center, Iowa. "It's, like, incredible."

I honestly think that Lloyd thought the very same thing when he did that horrendous livestream of his. It's well...incredible!

• Vintage
    Vintage

They think they are untouchable. I’ve known a few like that in my own, real life. It’s as though a wicked entity is protecting them from experiencing negative repercussions from their actions. And it is very annoying to see them gloat.

Eccl. 8:11

“Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil.” KJV.

• vienne
    vienne

I looked at Evans' twitter feed today. He has thousands of followers, apparently. But those who engage with him are an exceptionally low number. Earlier in this thread someone suggested (might even have been me) that he purchased one of the 'guaranteed followers' packages. Given the very low number who engage with him, this appears to be so. He is probably nearly bottomed out; I mean he's lost about as many followers and patrons as he will.

This isn't surprising since most of his loyal patrons seem to view morals as he does. A large number of ex-Witnesses did not leave for principle, but because they could not or would not live by the Bible's moral standards. They're Evans' fellow travelers. "Birds of a feather ..." and such.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit