It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Pasta_Hour
    Pasta_Hour

Kim Silvio: I am curious as to the story Dijana told you regarding their move to Croatia. Does it by any chance happen to line up with what the whistleblower Marko had to say on the subject? According to "Marko", Dijana left Lloyd and he showed up at her door in Croatia. Do you have any insight on this?

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO
    @pastahour - where did you get that?
  • Simon
    Simon
    Are you kidding me? He would have LOVED to have been on those tribunal
    He would have made a model elder. Believe me, there are many elders like Lloyd ... They are dark evil individuals who like to suck the lifeforce out of others.

You hear stories of elders probing for totally unnecessary and intimate details about people's sexual misdemeanours.

Now you can see exactly the type of person who become those types of elders. He'd be getting his jollies by listening to the stories and grilling (sisters especially) on what happened, all for something to play with himself later in his little wanking shed.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Would any depreciation he reckons with be for filming equipment & hard drive storage etc? Maybe a car for work travel, too? As far as I'm aware he doesn't own his home & definitely not a property used for filming etc.

NB I've no idea about tax stuff, of course.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

That Marko stuff I thought was crazy at the time, but if it was a fake it was a remarkably prescient one in light of later disclosures about his personality. Who knows? Reserve judgement until there’s good evidence.

I’ve mentioned before that, much as I disliked LE from years back, I still would have had a difficult time believing the things Kim disclosed were it not for his own livestream confirming it all. If he had just lied and denied the whole thing from the start he could probably have gotten away with it with little to zero consequences. He would definitely be well over 1000 patrons by now, no doubt about it. His livestream was the hugest own goal of his whole grifting career.

As regards his tax figures. I’ve got to wonder to what extent they are any fair reflection of reality anyway. He doesn’t exactly strike me as somebody who sticks to the rules, and clearly thinks he can get away with most things, so why would he stick closely to the rules in this situation? On the other hand, if he leaves the financial side of it completely to his wife, which would be in character in terms of laziness, then she being a very cautious and risk averse person as she evidently is, then perhaps it is a fair reflection of the financial situation.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Now you can see exactly the type of person who become those types of elders. He'd be getting his jollies by listening to the stories and grilling (sisters especially) on what happened, all for something to play with himself later in his little wanking shed.

There’s a bit of background to that, and it leads into why he was booted from the TTATT project. Jennifer Torres was a personal real life friend of Javier Ortiz whose CSA survivor daughter was interviewed by Lloyd for the project. She knew Lloyd like all of us do - online - but he came highly recommended by Ortiz.

She even served a home cooked meal at her home for Lloyd and Ortiz when he came to Southern California for TTATT filming.

When he was crowdfunding off CSA stories to include in his second book, Jennifer paid the $150 but didn’t want their story in there. Instead she offered Lloyd to interview someone else in her stead. Lloyd reacted like Lloyd does and put her in her place, telling her she had no right to tell him how to run his business, etc.

A huge Twitter fight erupted with the same typical result pre-2022 - Jennifer was chastised for telling Lloyd his business and being a “hater” by Lloyd and his goon squad. Hardly anyone supported her and she was effectively banished as a “cedars-basher”. Keep in mind this is someone who DONATED $150 to him. She didn’t want it back, she just wanted him to interview someone else, anyone else, who could not afford it for the book. Lloyd refunded her the $150 and continued ragging on not only her, but her daughter who was a CSA survivor interviewed by him just weeks prior.

Jennifer’s real life friendship with Ortiz suffered because of this. Privately Ortiz acknowledged Lloyd was being a diva and what she asked wasn’t intrusive, but for him the good outweighed the bad as it did for many others. She got a similar vibe from O’Donnell.

After the Thailand revelations, in a series of “I told you so” tweets, Jennifer made an apt observation:

She felt violated that Lloyd had interviewed her daughter about her CSA abuse, not knowing if he wasn’t getting off somehow by hearing it in detail.

She deleted her account soon afterwards as the Cedars goon squad was still on patrol in February 2022 and giving her a lot of hate for it.

Per her explicit request, Ortiz removed their footage from TTATT. As more CSA survivors who were involved in the project came forward and refused consent, Ortiz had little choice but to remove Lloyd instead of losing all these important voices.

THIS is how CSA survivors are treated by Lloyd. It’s essentially: “You are great as long as I can use your content, but the minute you stand up to me, I will harass and banish you from social media and you will not have your friends anymore”.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Without straining my delicate brain too much,... would you say that the self-proclaimed professional activist's haul is down by about half?

After consulting tea leaves and chicken entrails I would say that it appears that a business owned or controlled by Lloyd Evans is not making as much money as it did previously. Without more information about how his business (/s) is/are organized we can't tell. It is perfectly legal to move money between accounts or entities as long as the proper documentation is in place.

Incidentally, we all have the same problem with the Watchtower's finances, there is no way to tell what's going on from the outside.

Would any depreciation he reckons with be for filming equipment & hard drive storage etc? Maybe a car for work travel, too?

This is the sort of asset I would expect to see being depreciated by a business of this type. In the US these are three or five year properties, depending on what they are.

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO
    He'd be getting his jollies by listening to the stories and grilling (sisters especially) on what happened, all for something to play with himself later in his little wanking shed.

Facts

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO
    On the other hand, if he leaves the financial side of it completely to his wife, which would be in character in terms of laziness, then she being a very cautious and risk averse person as she evidently is, then perhaps it is a fair reflection of the financial situation.

He controls the finances, there is a video where he is chatting to the camera while they are driving to the supermarket. When they get there he talks to her about money (I think he gives her cash). I also know for other reasons that this is the case.

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO
    Who knows? Reserve judgement until there’s good evidence.

I’ve always sat on the fence - I will say that I find that message from pasta hour concerning - I want to know where it came from and when. There is truth to that message and I want to know more.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit