It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Toblerone5
    Toblerone5

By now I think most of you ,saw the public statement of Mark O'donnel . But what is interesting is that M.Javier Ortiz retweeted that post. . L.E. in is not sorry at all video ,had said he was is best friend...Not anymore... I wonder what is Team of Lawyers will say about that...

• Toblerone5
    Toblerone5

M.javier Ortiz also wrote a statement . you can read it on M.O'donnel twitter page...

• Simon
    Simon
    I don’t think he’s a fugitive because he has returned to England a number of times.

I think there is a place in between "being on a list to be checked at airports", and not being around where someone may make allegations if you are. I think you could leave the country to avoid the consequences of something and then be fine going back to visit.

If the elders have serious allegations against his name then it’s a pretty odd move for him to advocate for the release of a database that he himself is on. Because if he succeeded in making the database public then he would be exposing himself. Even for a liar as prolific and blatant as him, this seems pretty far fetched.

Is it though? Doesn't it seem odd that someone who apparently wants to do so much against the WTS has never actually revealed the damning information he claimed to have? Especially someone who is so predisposed to self-publicity - surely he could score some major kudos from it? Surely the window for doing deals had long since expired, or is that chip still in play? And someone could easily publicly advocate for something that they know would legally never happen - that's one of the tricks of 'activism', to never be so successful that you achieve your goals and kill the golden goose that you make your money off.

And how would it constitute a threat or a bargaining chip that he could use against Watchtower? It reminds me of the Blazing Saddles scene where he holds a gun to his own head and says, “don't move or I’ll shoot”.

Yes, it would be brazen and stupid, both of which I think are areas he has expertise in.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Here's an interesting tidbit I picked up today. Croatia does not have an extradition treaty with the US.

• cleanideas
    cleanideas

How is Lloyd currently handeling his scandal? By apologizing? Or letting us know how he will take responsibility for his actions and fix things? Or is it by letting us know what a great time it is to be a Star Wars fan?! In my opinion it's almost like he doesn't even care about what he did. Like he has no remorse. I wonder what kind of person would be like that? His last Twitter post:

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@Lloyd: You fucked that up too. The last episode of Boba took all the character development of Mandalorian and flushed it down a toilette. The entire mission of the Mandalorian was undermined by little Yoda choosing to return.

Disney writers fork it up all the time.They can't stand someone making an emotional difficult decision ... kinda like not being able to control a penis.

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

It turns out according to a relative of Lloyd's (Marko) that Lloyd was grooming more than one 14 year-old. I am more than just a little angry to hear this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7lrwCFdllc&lc=Ugw1diGVFIPVTO8hM-l4AaABAg.9YNMcylp3G29YNXYX-1hv_

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15iF9bxY1VPo8VU0inDqXV4Nc5Jv6n-jt/view

Public Statement of Mark O’Donnell

It has come to my attention that on Monday, January 30th, 2022, a Reddit statement by resigned JW Watch operations director Kim Silvio was posted concerning the activities and conduct of JW Watch / JW Survey founder, Lloyd Evans.

Following that statement, a monetized video was released by Lloyd Evans in which he addressed some of the claims made by Ms. Silvio, who described a private conversation she had with Mr. Evans and one additional person. The Livestream video was replete with expletives and references to alleged sexual contact with prostitutes.

Evans declared in strong language that his infidelities were not the business of his patrons or the public, stating that how he used donated and other funds is beyond scrutiny.

I strongly denounce the use of any finances for purposes that create a notable conflict of interest for any reporter covering the sensitive topic of child sexual abuse.

In my opinion, the links between sex work and the grooming of children, child abuse, violent crime, drugs, and other unlawful activities call into question the credibility of anyone reporting on the subject of child abuse. While it is not my business to judge the personal lives of other reporters, I must take on board the feelings and sensitivities of the general public, including those affected by these activities.

As a reporter and consultant for child sexual abuse cases in the United States and worldwide, I am obligated to adhere to a reasonable code of conduct that mirrors the gravity and substance of this subject matter. I am also sensitive to the feelings of survivors of abuse who trust my integrity and work. Many of those survivors have conservative values and ethics, and I respect their positions.

Most news organizations have a code of ethics for reporting and for the conduct of journalists themselves. For example, National Public Radio (NPR) recognizes the importance of giving weight to the scruples of its patrons by reminding the public that perception does influence credibility, and that reporters have limitations.

“To secure the public's trust, we must make it clear that our primary allegiance is to the public. Any personal or professional interests that conflict with that allegiance, whether in appearance or in reality, risk compromising our credibility”

“We enjoy the right to robust personal lives, yet we accept some unique professional obligations and limitations. Because our words and actions can damage the public's opinion of NPR, we comport ourselves in ways that honor our professional impartiality.” - NPR

As a result of Mr. Evans’statements, I have resigned from affiliation with Lloyd Evans and JW Watch, effective February 1st, 2022. I will always be thankful for the information I have shared on Lloyd’s website and channel, and I know that those who follow my work respect the long hours and resources I have personally devoted to this endeavor. My work remains unchanged.

A few facts for clarification:

● Neither myself nor my wife Kimberly O’Donnell had any knowledge of these issues until January 30th, when this was made public by Ms. Kim Silvio.

● Ms. Silvio released information ahead of her statement to persons not associated with JW Watch, and without the knowledge or consent of Lloyd Evans or his wife.

● Ms. Evans had no knowledge or advance notice of the public statement of Ms. Kim Silvio.

● I was not funded or employed by Mr. Evans, JW Survey, or JW Watch. My work has been supported by my own personal savings.

● Aside from my resignation, I have had no personal communication with Lloyd Evans for several months, and I have received no apology related to his conduct and its impact on those connected with JW Watch or the general public.

● I have had absolutely no contact with Kim Silvio or “producer Bob” in any matters related to this issue, either directly or indirectly.

● Certain additional allegations against Mr. Evans have surfaced since January 30th that are false and uncorroborated, and have caused great distress to Mr. Evans’ immediate family. I condemn any claims that were made with malicious or slanderous intent and without substantiation.

• cleanideas
    cleanideas

In the above video regarding what is allegedly Marco talking about alleged online activities of Lloyd Evans, it states one of his online sex dating names was "The Gobbler". For anyone who might be confused, here is the definition from the Urban Dictionary. You'll have to use your imagination regarding what his alleged second name of "P**** Destroyer" means...

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

Regarding the name Gobbler, eww. The thought of a 40 something guy doing that to a sub 20s girl is not a mental image I care to have. Should have gone to be hours ago, but I am too angry to sleep. If somebody would fly Lloyd to my location I have the urge to teach Lloyd some manners Mid-Western Style.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit