It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather

Lloyd made a lot of videos on Rutherford and his extra-marital affairs. In his videos, he mentioned that "while there is no cast-iron evidence that Rutherford really kept a mistress, rumors and suspicions of his marital unfaithfulness really question his credibility as a hero of JW's".

So Lloyd makes videos and documentaries exposing other people's marriages, extra-affairs, and liquor buying habits, but at the time, believes that his own marital unfaithfulness is his private affair and shouldn't be exposed and condemned?

To people sympathizing with Lloyd: Can't you really see the disconnect here?

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno
    As a neutral observer, the amount of judgment on this thread is breathtaking.

It’s not judgement. It’s (deserved) condemnation.

• alecholmesthedetective
    alecholmesthedetective
    It’s not judgement. It’s (deserved) condemnation.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Joey jojo:

It's not defamation, not legally. You may feel like he has a case against those statements, but he does not.

The truth is always a defense against defamation. That means, it doesn't matter how it "feels" or how scandalous it could be, he admitted, in a video, that he goes to see prostitutes on a regular basis in locations where it's illegal. Taking note of that is not defamation.

As a neutral observer, the amount of judgment on this thread is breathtaking.
    Where did the idea come from that when you leave JWs you stop judging people, as if applying morality is immoral?! What kind of postmodern think is this?
  • Justaguy
    Justaguy

I absolutely am laughing at him. I am tap dancing on his figurative grave. And i am indeed judging him.

So what

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    I don't think that Thought Stopping Cliche's are going to stop this debate. It's going to happen and no one can stop it.
  • Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

There is another group that feels betrayed by James Lloyd Evans. We have been in contact with several of them... they are the CSA survivors.

Many of them have been giving this person money every month, thinking they were helping him to be their 'spokesman' "Their champion & advocate" Claiming he respects woman & children, then they find out he has been at an resort island paying women for sex with their money.

They are disgusted.

They are feeling betrayed. They do not want him representing them anymore.

One of them said if she hears of any journalist, producer, T.V show etc who wants to use him to be their spokesman, they are going to give that person his live stream video.

So how can he possibly be an asset to this community and our cause after this?

Yes, he has done good work. So has Watchtower.

At what point do we say, this person cannot represent this community?

There is more coming out.

Feel bad for the CSA survivors, Feel bad for those 2 little girls that will find out in a few years what their dad has done. Feel bad for his wife that has had to endure all this public humiliation.

God, I can't even imagine if my husband suddenly announced to the world that I couldn't satisfy him.

Thank you everyone for a great thread. I've loved the debates and everyone's thoughts.

I will be back.

• Newly Enlightened
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Joey jojo I'll link some academic studies into the sex tourism 'industry' in Thailand and it's horrors.

Funny thing is, one of the worst is that prostitutes are usually SHUNNED by their families.

50 - 70% of prostitutes in Thailand are HiV+ve (leading cause of death in under 50s). When they find out, the brothel owners boot them out and they go back to their villages. Family's make a hut for them away from the village and shun them. If they're lucky when they get sick they bring them food, but mostly they die alone in isolation. What a terrible life.

Lloyd has no self awareness if he critiques sexual abuse and rape but feels no shame at buying into this cruel trade (which btw the women have no control over).

• Simon
    Simon
    There is another group that feels betrayed by James Lloyd Evans. We have been in contact with several of them... they are the CSA survivors.

One thing that really horrifies me now is how he was seeking out sexual abuse survivors.

First, he is totally unqualified to be offering people support. As much as someone may want to help, I think people should have some proper training and "I made a video poking fun at the GB" isn't it.

Second, he already had a history of inappropriate sexual behavior while a JW.

Third, given what we know now about his inability to control his sexual urges (literally, he thinks his penis is in control of him, not him in control of it) and his proclivity for using "girls". It is wholly and totally inappropriate for him to have any contact, let alone be actively soliciting contact, with any child sexual abuse survivors.

I "hope", although it's terrible in itself, that he only wanted to use them for his own self-promotion and aggrandization. If it turns out he has taken advantage of his circumstances and position in relation to any survivor for anything untoward, then that becomes something else entirely.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit