It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Toblerone5
    Toblerone5

He sing about the time, half past 4 on the Watchtower Roof ? then he have a smirk... I will say it again you can take that guy out of the W. cult , but you can't take the W, out of that guy...And who's the Girl waiting for him under the bridge ? Don't tell me .I know this ...it's start with a P...Pioneer ? Publisher ?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Sorry LMSA , maybe I misremembered different wording.

Did anyone watch his video on the latest Watchtower statistics. I made an exception and watched it because I’m interested in the topic. (Made sure to send a dislike for the algorithm though) It was superficial and he sounded bored. I think he can’t be bothered making JW videos any more. But he likes the free money, so what can he do? He’s kind of stuck.

He has basically signalled his intention to his fans that he intends to do less work for more money, and so far some suckers have apparently taken him up on the offer, because his Patreon numbers are up by about 40. But will it last? Or will it be a temporary bounce before his Patreon numbers begin to slide again?

If he keeps churning out (as he puts it) boring content like the statistics video then I can’t see people paying money for that. Other channels get a lot more views but probably don’t get half the money he does. He’s clearly got a skill for getting people to send him money for very little effort. He’s got begging down to a fine art.

• lloydevansparody
    lloydevansparody
    He’s clearly got a skill for getting people to send him money for very little effort.

Yes. it is called manipulation. Exploitation of the vulnerable

He has basically signalled his intention to his fans that he intends to do less work for more money,

Probably tasting the water for an exit strategy. He needs the money and he is trying to coerce people into thinking that if he cannot commit anymore it is just their fault.

He’s kind of stuck.

He is indeed, impaled on his own sword.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    He’s clearly got a skill for getting people to send him money for very little effort. He’s got begging down to a fine art.

And it was demonstrated for all to see in his early days here. A bit of context, he had started three threads for that survey idea that he said costed him $400. He made no qualms about assuming the posters here would/should reimburse him and even provided PayPal info on the thread. Those threads were removed to "Admin" and left for Simon to decide since it broke a rule about asking for money. So, Lloyd had a supporter open a new thread asking the same thing, and he joins in complaining that he is not allowed to fund here. Link for the thread:

Global JW Survey page 958 (jehovahs-witness.com)

The way I see it, the survey adds value to JWN and is a valuable resource to its members, but I am forced to pay for it out of my own pocket and am not allowed to ask for any help in financing it.

He immediately labels his survey as some sort of public service to the forum and not only complains about paying for it but also references his removed threads and thinks he should be able to crowdfund through this site.

This one really demonstrates how entitled to donations he feels:

However, I genuinely see it this way:
    I've had to pay out of my own pocket to get the survey up and running. Both the forum and forum members benefit from the survey and from seeing the results, and yet apparently I am not allowed to ask for help in funding it?
    It may sound picky, but I don't see why I should continue to post the results, thereby allowing the forum to get the benefit of the results for free, when I am not allowed to receive any help with the funding? And over such a relatively small amount of $400... it's a shame.

Pro-tip - if you say "this may sound picky, but...", it means it is. He really feels he is doing a public service and actually wants to withhold the results until he gets what he wants and is reimbursed $400. And he's even spiteful towards the forum, opining that we shouldn't "benefit" from the survey results if we haven't contributed. Further proof he doesn't do anything for free and he needs to be compensated in full. It explains how he's able to continue this grift as he manipulates people into thinking this "for-profit" enterprise of his is providing a public service.

This is why he says things last week about how he'd leave. He creates the illusion that this is all done out of the goodness of his heart and the donations barely compensate him for the basic expenses. When people see that the exJW community is about to lose such a great philanthropist, you have what happened last week with the Patron spike.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH
    The way I see it, the survey adds value to JWN and is a valuable resource to its members, but I am forced to pay for it out of my own pocket and am not allowed to ask for any help in financing it.

Damn. Simon was practically snatching the food off of Lloyd's table!

• Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972

Simon was nibbling at the table of Lloyd

• Toblerone5
    Toblerone5
    Probably tasting the water for an exit strategy.

That would explain this . today ...on Facebook it say: Reservations are not required. For all questions please contact Lloyd [email protected] and there is more date of this Feb. 14 , Feb 28 , Mar 14 ,Mar 28 and Apr. 11 ?

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Simon was practically snatching the food off of Lloyd's table!

He threw a tonne of shade at him, all for not replying right away to his desperate emails asking whether an exception be made for him to be allowed to crowdfund on this site.

I appreciate Daniel's support, and I have already received a very kind donation of $25. I was hoping the funding issue would be resolved very quickly and we could press on with getting the survey some publicity etc, but it seems my ambitions have been choked by red tape at the first hurdle...
    If you don't think that the survey is any good, or that it won't add value to JWN for a business perspective then that's fine - I'll go elsewhere and find another way of doing it. However given the way I'm being treated on this by site management I don't feel too inclined to post the results here if it is a success, I would rather go somewhere where the data is valued.

Always threatening to take his talents elsewhere if he doesn't get his way. Good Lord.

• lloydevansparody
    lloydevansparody
    That would explain this . today

Yes. Probably. As long as he will stop exploiting money from vulnerable and stay out of EXJW, CSA, domestic abuse and the like then I wouldn't mind whatever career he is willing to pursue.

• Toblerone5
    Toblerone5
    As long as he will stop exploiting money from vulnerable and stay out of EXJW, CSA,

I totally agree with you on that point. I wonder what would be the reaction of his Patrons if that ever happen though...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit