It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Toblerone5
    Toblerone5
    can't imagine why anyone would sit through two or three days of three+ hour videos...

I.M.O. maybe that's why a lot stop watching his youtube . Ex. august 9 2021 he did a JW convention (sunday am) 3:23hrs! Tibor did 11 little Sushi of that..August 16, Conventin sunday pm. 3:05 hrs, number of Sushi...25! I think some patrons finally caught on he does that now, so he works LESS. by doing that , he can take not 2 weeks vacation One month vaca .payed with there money. So far Thailand this winter, then London , and now on Croatia cost somewhere.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Yes you’re right. Some YouTubers make smaller clips, but it’s only selected pieces of particular interest, and often on a separate channel for clips. They don’t take a three hour video and cut it into 20 10 minute videos the way LE does. Like you say, it takes his audience for fools.

Unfortunately some of the YouTubers attempting to replace LE seem to be copying his longer videos which is hopeless.

If somebody made a channel that summarises the conventions in about 10 to 20 minutes it would be much more successful. You might even get active JWs watching it because it would be easier than watching the real thing. Faders could watch it as a cheat sheet so they can pretend they watched the actual convention in conversations.

• Simon
    Simon
    Are x-Witnesses so desperate for something to justify themselves that they cling to this man?

There is a degree of this. A lot of people prefer to have their ears tickled rather than hear truth.

Something that often highlights it to me is if you voice any fair praise of the WTS or give them credit for something. e.g. maybe the upbringing had some benefits and wasn't all bad.

Some people just can't bear to do this. They don't want an objective view. They want a constant diet of "WTS bad, grrr!!!" and of course it makes them easy to manipulate and someone to churn out that content with one hand out asking for money to enable it.

I have an opinion

Great video. I hate the resort to comparing people to JWs or Elders or whatever it is. It should not be tolerated unless someone clearly is demonstrating some blatant JW / WTS behavior.

People use it for all manner of things. Don't like seeing freaky rainbow adorned men waving their genitals in front of children? Oh, "you just haven't let go of the JW thinking" ... erm, no - I don't wan't to see perverts grooming children and being applauded for it!

These people that think you have to live "opposite life" to somehow prove your exJW credentials are deluded and dangerous IMO.

• Simon
    Simon
    If somebody made a channel that summarises the conventions in about 10 to 20 minutes it would be much more successful. You might even get active JWs watching it because it would be easier than watching the real thing. Faders could watch it as a cheat sheet so they can pretend they watched the actual convention in conversations.

This is true, but also highlights that all that's really happening is these people are giving the WTS message further reach. They think they are "anti" but there they are, rebroadcasting it. I don't care that they add a little criticism - usually it's all been said before already. There is rarely anything new, the point of WTS broadcasts isn't to impart news or information, it's the repetition of the beliefs and they are simply helping with that.

What I think are more useful are the videos I've seen where people have practical advice on life issues related to leaving the WTS. These take more time to do though as you can't just "wing it" by playing a 3 hour video and pausing to add some comments to it (that every exJW already knows).

• Toblerone5
    Toblerone5

Instagram too? OUCH...

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno

Lloyd Evans is no Joe Rogan, but there are plenty of channels where long-form content is wildly successful.

Just because you prefer shorter videos does not mean there's not an audience interested in longer videos.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

All those long form channels consist of interviews with interesting people with novel and important ideas. This does not apply to LE. I know of no other review channel where the review takes longer than the subject of the review.

Mark Kermode for example reviews 3 hour long movies in under ten minutes.

LE’s style is not popular. Only around ten percent of his subscribers watch it. That’s terrible compared with most other channels. His success seems to be based on fooling a lot of people into creating content for free, pretending his leaks are “exclusive”, and the sheer volume of his output because he likes to hear the sound of his own voice.

Take The Truth Hurts channel. He’s got 50,000 subscribers but many of his videos have over 100,000 views and some are over 1 million.

https://youtu.be/S84wg-XMNEc

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I'm so old school. I prefer reading an article to watching a video

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

In the event anybody is interested in complaining about Lloyd having fake subscribers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H8VxGX3LdM

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector
    LE’s style is not popular. Only around ten percent of his subscribers watch it. That’s terrible compared with most other channels. His success seems to be based on fooling a lot of people into creating content for free, pretending his leaks are “exclusive”, and the sheer volume of his output because he likes to hear the sound of his own voice.

When I was subscribed and had partially forgiven him for his attempted copyright theft of Crisis of Conscience, he did do an outstanding video on why 607 BCE is not the date of Jerusalem's destruction. It was around 20 minutes long if I recall correctly. It is videos like that, not multiple hours of brainwashing rebuttals that do well. The current scandal aside, his content is stale and only useful to very few people. My guess is the JW Watch videos with actual Watchtower news is what built the channel. Without Mark O'Donnell and Covert Fade there to give him material, I can't imagine those will be as good. I am impressed that he had the following he had with the amount of patrons.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit