It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Simon
    Simon

re: the bethel tours. It is odd. I seem to remember them being fairly strict on dress and grooming if your congregation was going to visit, but maybe their standards have dropped. But two explanations, both plausible:

It's not about us vs them, it's about the old-boys-club / in crowd vs the plebs.

They really don't know who the fuck they are. They are insignificant to the WTS.

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.

Thanks for the Awake info!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    They really don't know who the fuck they are. They are insignificant to the WTS.

Definitely this. However.....

It's not about us vs them, it's about the old-boys-club / in crowd vs the plebs

Lloyd was taken in by a local man and a historian of the Bible student movement, well known to watchtower. Nothing 'off' there.

Also when Mark O'Donnell went I don't believe he was known as an apostate at that point and remember Paul Grundy probably has contacts of contacts in Australia, able to get him in.

So yes, in effect a bit of an old boys club. Watchtower believes they have god on their side so they don't see anyone as a threat to them.

• Vintage
    Vintage

Diogenesister, yes. I see your point. Since Lloyd Evans doesn't claim "to have God on his side", Watchtower sees no threat in him,... even if someone were to clue Watchtower in on who Lloyd Evans is... or thinks he is. (I've come dangerously close to having written a "run-on sentence.)

• Vintage
    Vintage

Diogenesister said,

Lloyd was taken in by a local man and a historian of the Bible student movement, well known to watchtower. Nothing 'off' there.

Do you know the name of that "local man and a historian of the Bible Student movement" and how I might contact him? I would very much like to speak with someone knowledgeable on the history of the Bible Students movement.

• Simon
    Simon

If you're allowed into the HQ for a guided tour, you may not be quite the "activist" you imagine you are.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

FWIW I can confirm that shot posted by Toblerone5 is of three guys inside the Australia Bethel (I remember it well enough 😜)

Also I recognise Paul Grundy and the guy in the middle is Terry O’Brien who appeared at the Australian Royal Commission that you will recall.

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector
    If you're allowed into the HQ for a guided tour, you may not be quite the "activist" you imagine you are.

I have said multiple times on this thread that Lloyd Evans is controlled opposition. Watchtower needs people like Lloyd to feed their persecution complex and Lloyd needs Watchtower for an income. I am sure somebody reading this disagrees. With today's photographic proof in mind, how am I wrong?

Bethel has a dress code. How did Lloyd and Paul get in? Also, how did Lloyd get in Warwick looking like this?

Cosmic Skeptic, Tell Tale and his girlfriend couldn't get in and they were dressed just like any JW is required to be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3305c_CF6IM

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    I have said multiple times on this thread that Lloyd Evans is controlled opposition.

Maybe but I doubt this as being yet another conspiracy theory.

However the point I’ve made before is that LE has never really ‘left’ the OrganisationTM. His whole “modus operandi” is dependant on the W/T. People who’ve really left the W/T behind don’t need to be continually regurgitating the very teachings they say they’ve left and all in the name of “activism”.

Oh please Lloyd! Get a life.

• Vintage
    Vintage

NCC, the title on Evans' photo (video cover?), "Warwick, a journey to my former faith", evokes a cring reaction in me. I was a JW because I believed it was the "true religion". It wasn't. My faith was misplaced. But after all we've learned about Evans since last January, the title on that photo, "Warwick, a journey to my former faith", sounds like a lie. It sounds like he's just really good at writing titles that evoke pathos. Was he ever really one of Jehovah's Witnesses? Did he ever really believe ...put faith in,... what Watchtower taught? As it turns out, Watchtower itself is full of hypocrisy, and even at its best, it perverted our faith away from God. But, I now believe Evans' title, "Warwick, a journey to my former faith", is a sham.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit