It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• JeffT
    JeffT

I read a good quote last night. The book is about the end of WWII and covers (among other things) the mass rapes by the Soviet Army. After the war ended, Germany was completely destroyed, many of the men were dead or in prison camps and the women turned to prostitution to stay alive. The author (Antony Beavor) writes "there is a fine line between prostitution and rape."

The difference between rape and prostitution, especially when there is a very real difference in power between the individuals involved, is the question that one needs to ask when a First World tourist is hiring sex workers in a Third World country. It may look like a mutually consensual arrangement, but is it? I think the answer to that questions bears directly on one's qualification to represent themselves as an advocate for victims of sexual abuse.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Wing Commander If Preparation H ever needed a spokesman, there's always Hemmorhoid Evans. Now, with new fuzzy applicator head.

Yes.... Preparation H could get his new Thai "girlfriend" he was dating for 45.342 seconds to say .......

" He ma Ryoid Evans"šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø.....šŸ˜ŽšŸ˜ŽšŸ˜ŽšŸ˜œ

• CalvinistEmily
    CalvinistEmily
    The difference between rape and prostitution, especially when there is a very real difference in power between the individuals involved, is the question that one needs to ask when a First World tourist is hiring sex workers in a Third World country. It may look like a mutually consensual arrangement, but is it? I think the answer to that questions bears directly on one's qualification to represent themselves as an advocate for victims of sexual abuse.

I'd say that's an issue even in rich countries, even in the "best" circumstances with a "happy hooker". It's still sex with someone who doesn't want to, and would not consent if it weren't for the money. The money itself is a form of coercion.

If it's a choice between paying the rent/mortgage/electricity bill and refusing sex, is that really a choice at all?

Kim Silvio mentioned trafficking and coercion even in a rich country like Australia on the Magnificent Seven stream, and she's spot on. We have the same problems in the UK too, with domestic abusers pimping their victims and foreign women and children trafficked into it.

I'm not exactly prudish - if it's genuinely freely consenting, non-violent sex between adult humans and in private, do whatever weird stuff you like, I say. That's an extremely low bar and very permissive, but punting doesn't even clear that.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Lloyd himself said in the Andrew Gold interview that exploitation in Thailand was a ā€œconversation worth havingā€, yet to my knowledge he is yet to engage in that conversation.

• Vintage
    Vintage

There is probably a book somewhere, or at least an article, that gives a list of how to avoid answering a question which, if answered fully and truthfully, would expose a vulnerability in the person who is being questioned. A ā€œconversation worth havingā€. Lol. A ā€œconversation worth havingā€ with whom? With his barber? With the lawyer who is mounting a legal defense for him? Or, did he mean, ā€œ... ā€œa conversation worth havingā€, for Andrew Gold to have with someone else, ...with ANYONE ELSE other than with him, Lloyd Evans?

He should ā€œtrademarkā€ that expression and rent it out to politicians.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    SBF Lloyd himself said in the Andrew Gold interview that exploitation in Thailand was a ā€œconversation worth havingā€, yet to my knowledge he is yet to engage in that conversation.

I know. Also, when he was complaining about Kim Silvio's latest video, he said it proved that her heavy weight concerns about the conflict of interest in his using vulnerable, trafficked, third world prostitutes and being a CSA advocate, were therefore bogus.

Sort of implying the video proved it was just a frivolous obsession with his sex lifešŸ˜³šŸ¤¦šŸ¤¦.

Anyway the way he framed these "heavy weight concerns"(paraphrasing) was so spot-on I thought "so you do understand how women feel and the import of what you've done!!!. You just don't care!!".

Vintage He should ā€œtrademarkā€ that expression and rent it out to politicians.

šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

• TonusOH
    TonusOH
    Or, did he mean, ā€œ... ā€œa conversation worth havingā€, for Andrew Gold to have with someone else, ...with ANYONE ELSE other than with him, Lloyd Evans?

It's a form of procrastination, which means putting something off indefinitely by pretending that you'll get to it "later." Not only does Evans not want to have that conversation, he doesn't want anyone linked to him to have it, either. He wants everyone to forget that conversation before it has a chance to begin, because it makes him uncomfortable. A narcissist is interested in all sorts of causes, except those which might make him look bad or force him to answer questions he would rather avoid.

• Simon
    Simon

Yeah, it's a deflection technique - a way of saying that having that conversation would be hugely inconvenient, so "let's not", but without saying it so obviously.

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

So that piece of garbage is talking about CSA again. ATTN Lloyd Evans, piss-off and when you get there piss-off again.

• Vintage
    Vintage

Itā€™s too bad the CSA survivors canā€™t launch some kind of ā€œclass action gag orderā€ against Evans pretending to represent them. If they were officially embodied into a ā€œclassā€, maybe it could be done.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit