It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

If Preperation-H ever needed a spokesman, there's always Hemorrhoid Evans.

Now, with new fuzzy applicator head.

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector
    Lloyd is behaving like a good ol jw elder. He has arranged a judicial commitee, has notified the brothers about it and vaguely told them what is it about. But has completely avoided any detail.
    Like a jw committee meeting, Lloyd would like for there to just be a verdict with no trial.

It is very interesting to see. Lloyd Evans claims a crime was committed, but will not go into specifics as to what crime. He "invites" 12 people to pay him money to resolve their "crime" and I assume all would be forgiven once the payment was made. He then says he has sued 7 of those 12. None of the other 5 have made payments have they? I know for a fact that 3 of those 5 have not paid Lloyd money. Would Lloyd have given the money back had they paid and he realized they had not committed a "crime" against him? I doubt it. But the evidence is he decided 5 people must not be guilty as he dropped them from his ongoing "criminal lawsuit."

• Vintage
    Vintage

NCC, from Simon’s post, repeating JLE, found on forum page 342...

“Since it was impractical and too costly to include all 12 individuals who received warning letters (the translation costs alone are eye-watering), seven of the most egregious cases were selected and the remainder (including any that have yet to receive a letter) may be included in future civil action (for which the statute of limitations is three years) depending on the success of the criminal lawsuit and the damages paid out. Of course, those sued criminally can be further sued civilly.”

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    depending on the success of the criminal lawsuit and the damages paid out. Of course, those sued criminally can be further sued civilly.”

Hang on...if by some chance he wins a case against any of them, will the Croatian government pay him the damages, since it's a criminal case? Anyone know? (It's just in the UK if the guilty don't pay up in a criminal case people can get damages from the government).

In other news......I just discovered something I posted ages ago online (not here) has been posted by a member on Lloyd's kiwi farms Lolcow thread😜🤣🤣
    Something to do with the EXJW to SJW pipeline!

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO
    depending on the success of the criminal lawsuit and the damages paid out.

Croatia must be a very different place - I’ve never heard of criminal convictions resulting in the defendant paying damages…..

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

What the hell is "a false factual claim"? A claim is either false or factual.

I mean okay, I know what they're trying to say but this really is amateur hour.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

What the hell is "a false factual claim"? A claim is either false or factual.

I mean okay, I know what they're trying to say but this really is amateur hour.

I don't. ..😳🤷‍♀️

Shall be punished by a fine of up to five hundred daily pushups units

What the hell is five hundred daily units? A fine for life or what? Sounds like some kind of prison slang....five hundred mins a day in solitary...or a solitary 'bunker' lol

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

I assume that they mean a claim that is presented as factual, but is false. Leave it to the legal system to find a complicated way to say "a lie." I'm guessing that the statement above is a poor translation of the original.

And I agree, it seems unusual that a criminal defendant would pay damages (as opposed to restitution). Typically, a criminal defendant may face fines that must be paid, but these are paid to the state, and I'm not aware of a system in the USA where the victim can apply to the government to receive any kind of payment in such a case. Evans may be referring to the demand for 3,000 Euro in his extortion letter legal notification.

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

Croatia might be a very beautiful place to visit, but the legal system they have looks to be a mess. Lloyd Evans can keep it. He is going to need all the luck in the world along with some extremely powerful political connections to make any legal remedy work. I can't imagine any scenario where the US State Dept. would agree to extradite a US citizen to Croatia for "the crime of insult" because Lloyd's feelings got hurt. I am sure the same can be said for UK, Australia, and hopefully Netherlands. I still hope Karlo Novosel's legal fees and the looming divorce bankrupts Lloyd.

• Simon
    Simon

US courts don't recognize foreign judgements that don't uphold the same freedom of speech.

Heck, even the UK doesn't qualify ... a shit-hole of corruption like Croatia is going to be laughed at.

The laws Lloyd thinks he can use are really only ever applied by the politicians in that country to silence journalists (Croatia ranks high in use of SLAPP cases). They are not going to let some foreign libel tourist start milking their cow.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/28/4102

That's the US, but most other countries are similar - apart from things that there are specific international agreements and treaties over (like war crimes) it comes down to jurisdiction. Croatian law applies in Croatia (who knew?!).

If this were not the case, I'm pretty sure everyone would have been sued for not respecting Islam or other such BS. Even the dumbest laws in the shittiest countries only reach so far, usually to their border and not beyond.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit