It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

His skill at misdirection was clear back then, too.

Apparently the fact that I am giving away a copy of Crisis of Conscience in a competition on YouTube makes me "toxic," a "liability" and "bad for business."

He then quotes Marc's letter, which tells a different story. The descriptions of him as toxic, a liability, and bad for business have to do with his attempts to sell the book in violation of the owner's copyright. This, Marc writes, would reflect poorly on AAWA due to its association with him. He implied that doing this on his YouTube channel was a way to gain more subscribers- ie, a way to further monetize an action that was in violation of copyright.

But, by making the claim that it's only because of a giveaway, Evans tries to poison the well and twist Marc's words. This appears to be one of his primary MOs, to use a strawman to reinterpret a person's words to suit his claims, and then attack the misconstrued statements. This does not seem to be due to confusion- it looks deliberate. It justifies Marc's warning about him.

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

I agree. Marc & Cora did a public statement:

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

I have Cora's permission to re-post this. From Jan 29 2015:

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

I am wondering if anyone has ever contacted Leah Remini or Mike Render as to what a piece of crap Lloyd Evans really is. A couple of years ago when they had him on their show, I have a feeling that Lloyd wasn't fully vetted by their staff. It most likely was a case of seeing his website in the forefront and thinking he was a strong advocate against the JW religion.

Your thoughts?

• Toblerone5
    Toblerone5

What do we do after a big social media Bitching meltdown...YOGA! NAMASTE EVERYBODY...

• Simon
    Simon
    It most likely was a case of seeing his website in the forefront and thinking he was a strong advocate against the JW religion.

I think they are like every other "activist" ... way too keen to hear criticism of religion in order to validate their own content so they don't do their proper due diligence.

Really, a lot of the issues we have come down to being too eager to hear something bad about the WTS and then rewarding anyone who appears to be saying what we want to hear.

This is why I think it's healthier to be more balanced and recognize both the good as well as the bad. If people are unable or unwilling to point to any positives* then I think they have some agenda that shows a lack of balance and often that leads to a willingness to use people and lie, because their goal is to spread a particular message.

* NOTE: there are a small number of people this doesn't apply to, who were victims of abuse. Just to be clear - I'm talking about the majority who didn't go through that.

• Simon
    Simon

I wonder if he ever thinks whether his mommy would have been proud of how he uses women?

Probably not, it would involve some self-reflection.

• Toblerone5
    Toblerone5

Zen Lloyd...Not to sure of the choice of is Mantra though

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

FYI - The Kiwi Farms thread about Evans is still going and is culling a lot of info gleaned from this thread and Twitter about Evans's behaviour, past and present.

James Lloyd Evans / Lloyd Evans / John Cedars / The Reluctant Apostate / JWWatch / @cedarsjwsurvey | Kiwi Farms

They had a good laugh about his dating escapades and have screenshotted it all and the aftermath on Kim's video. They even picked up on my comment about him humping the Christmas tree. My pleasure, Kiwi Farms!

• Toblerone5
    Toblerone5

By the way Hello? "PRIVATE LIFE?" So yoga...renault 18 ...maroon....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit