It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO
    To me what is the difference between some DR. who is 60 years old that has a 22 yo wife? You know damn well that she is not there for the hot sex.

The difference is consent. The wife chose that life. Statistics confirm that MANY sex workers were trafficked into the job, were CSA victims, are being forced to work to pay off debt, protect their families, to put food on the table and have no other employment opportunities. Or a combination of all of the above circumstances.

Many SW’s don’t have the choice to give consent, unlike the wife in your scenario, and I’m sure MOST of them do not live the life of a Dr’s wife. You clearly have not been to a regular brothel, I have been to hundreds and I can tell you, most of them I would not allow my dog to sleep in.

That is the difference. 💗

• Vintage
    Vintage

We were pretty sure you meant the rabbit, KIMSILVIO. 🥰

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

No problem Kim. I didn't think you was talking about me, but I wanted to assure you, I am not that awful man Lloyd Evans.

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

Something worth considering about Thailand.

https://www.thethailandlife.com/pattaya-pedophile-problem

The article is very long and sickening. This is yet another reason why Lloyd Evans has no business pretending to be an advocate for the sexually abused. Even if his interactions were with adults, it is still not a good look.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    JoJo I don't see a connection between paying for sex and child sex abuse.Apples and oranges. Sex work is legal in Parts of Nevada, its not even in the same ball park as child sex abuse.

We are not saying visiting a prostitute is the same as committing child sex abuse (although in some cases you may be doing just that). If you read the comments you will see we are concerned that:

1. there is a clear and well documented connection between child sex abuse and prostitution.

2. That connection is even stronger when you factor in the number of women trafficked, sold, groomed and otherwise abused by criminal gangs in Thailand.
    3.When called to account Evan's didn't care and even doubled down on his "right" to use these 'women' in this way.

5. He Attempted to have his supporters abuse and harass those who made a principled stand over this issue.

4. Therefore we refuse to accept this man as an advocate in our name for victims of CSA, domestic violence and sexual assault.

• Simon
    Simon
    We are not saying visiting a prostitute is the same as committing child sex abuse

... it's just that you may effectively be raping a victim of childhood abuse and trafficking.

Statistically, it's almost guaranteed if you sleep with enough prostitutes in certain countries that you will have done just that.

It doesn't matter what she tells you, or how old she is now.

For someone to not understand the connection and why it's completely incompatible makes me think they are either a fool or a liar.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Somewhere way back toward the beginning of this thread, I brought up a film I saw while in rehab. It featured several interviews with trafficked women. They describe smoking crack to make sex with strange men tolerable. Then they have sex so they can buy more crack, so they can have sex with more men, so they can buy more crack...

These are not consensual relationships.

• Vintage
    Vintage

People “whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron” just confabulate “what’s right and what’s wrong” as they go along. They don’t seem to care if they end up contradicting themselves, as long as they can keep coming up with justifications for whatever they want to do.

• Diamondfrog
    Diamondfrog

I’m just here to get to page 300.

• Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972

@jojorabbit what is it about Cedars loyal army? They all seem to have some sort of mental illness. Or at least the flying monkeys that comment anyway.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit