It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

I love how that second message cuts off at just the right spot: "apologise this is one ho."

It makes me think that the rest of the message was "but that's okay, she's 20 or older."

• Toblerone5
    Toblerone5

thank you simon for the tips .I downloaded that video and will posted on my twitter account.

• Vintage
    Vintage

Watchtower trains their elders exceedingly well on how to be hypocrites. (Some elders have woken up, and more are waking up every day. I hope they all wake up.) Those JW children who were raised by a well-trained hypocrite, and those who have been close friends with a well-trained hypocrite have a lot of un-learning to do when they wake up. Watchtower elders are trained in double-speak and double standards. The rules in the Shepherding book are always superseded by any verbally transmitted rules edicted from Headquarters. Lloyd has likely never had a role model with integrity.

• Vintage
    Vintage

Toblerone5, yes! I went to Evans 'taking a break' YouTube video that you posted and, lo and behold, my comment is still there! Here's what I wrote:

4 months ago

Enjoy your break. If you decide to read a book... I think that most children of JW's had "toxic parents". Decades before the internet, and decades before "waking up", reading this book helped me protect my mental health. With this book, I can mentally (if not verbally) defend myself from all the misinformed people's advice. "People can forgive toxic parents, but they should do it at the conclusion—not at the beginning—of their emotional house cleaning.” – "Toxic Parents: Overcoming Their Hurtful Legacy and Reclaiming Your Life", by Dr. Susan Forward and Craig Buck.

I see now that that book is only two decades old. The book I'd read "decades ago" was actually this one, from 1986...

Women Who Love Too Much

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO
    someone says they are in trouble, we care. We SHOULD care. Why does it surprise Evans that those of us who watched his video saying that he was not well mentally and "cared" about him ...NOW FEEL DUPED?

You are right, we should care. I despair at the thought that because of his “crying wolf” others may not be believed 💗

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Emily Nobody who's actually contemplating suicide says that other people have made them suicidal, or that if other people don't change their behaviour and do what they want then they'll kill themselves. They don't threaten it or use it to shame other people. He's harming genuine sufferers by doing that, because now people will associate a suicidal person seeking treatment with this narcissistic abuse tactic, and depressed people who already second-guess ourselves will think "am I being like that if I ask for help?

I'll second that. People who feel suicidal will usually keep it really close to their chest. So much so that it can be a real shock when it happens. Some people go to extraordinary lengths to mask how they're feeling so as not to worry anyone. I lost a friend in 2016 and it shook me to my core I didn't see it coming. I should have.... divorce, Job losses😔. Even when you can clearly see they are depressed what will often prevent them from voicing it will be the effect it will have on others. (In fact the only people I've seen regularly voice it were people with certain serious mental illnesses, such as schizophrenia).I briefly worked in an emergency in-patient psych unit and I never heard anyone suicidal blame another. If anything they are usually horribly hard on themselves.

The problem is that people don't voice it. We should always encourage people to talk about it.

Emily I'm so sorry to hear how you've suffered. Thank you for your insight.

• Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972

So if Lloyd was like this as a child then this could very well be a learned behavior. I've heard that his dad was an asshole as an elder in other comments so he would have grown up thinking this is the norm and perfect acceptable behavior.

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

This is such a wonderful day. Lloyd Evans has reached his goal of 540 patrons in reverse. I am so PROUD of him.

380 Patrons is within reach if he just keeps up the "work" of angering his paying customers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD3CAwuk1fY

• Vintage
    Vintage

Maybe Lloyd thought that by saying he was "atheist", he had effectively escaped the confines of all known moral paradigms,... and that he could just start his own "society".

After all, that's what Watchtower did!

https://moralparadigm.com/what-is-moral-paradigm/?amp=1
    "What is Moral Paradigm?
    Moral paradigm is action pattern based on moral values, knowledge, beliefs, experiences and future expectations. Moral paradigm guides You through the life!"

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

I’m curious if the Patreon algorithm drops the higher goal when there is more than one unmet one. Reason I ask is that he’s going to look goofy having two up there that are unsatisfied.

Even funnier would be if Patreon has a bot account that emails him after all these losses and he absolutely loses his shit because he can’t issue a snide comeback at a bot. Something like “Is Everything OK? Here are tips to increase your patronage!”

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit