It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• wannaexit
    wannaexit
    The thing that stands out from the CoC bootleg thing is his insistence that he hadn't done anything wrong, and then the litany of excuses for why it wasn't so bad that he did something wrong.

This is what stands out for me too from that debacle. He feels no shame and thinks he can't do anything wrong.

• Vintage
    Vintage

NonCoinCollector said:

Truth will always stand up to attacks. Watchtower lacks that truth which is why they always have to invent "new light."”

So, following in Watchtower’s footsteps, Lloyd will also need to keep inventing “new light” in order to stay relevant to his viewers. What will Lloyd’s “new light” be?

• Chinapomo
    Chinapomo
    What will Lloyd’s “new light” be?

Overlapping prostitutes. "I didn't sleep with many! It was just an overlapping one!"

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Overlapping prostitutes. "I didn't sleep with many! It was just an overlapping one!"

New positions ?

🤗

• Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972

I will extend him any support he is asking for as long as he treats those who were/are vulnerable.

Lloyd is somewhat of a gatekeeper, his target audience is usually those who have just escaped the watchtower, his work is repeated material that has done over and over again and can be replicated by anyone.

His behavior off Camera should reflect his persona, and I say persona because that is just what it is off camera. He is dealing with very vulnerable people.that have been lied to all their lives, and now find themselves Wondering where to go next, his behavior will trigger vulnerable people and have them turning on their heals.

So when he shows the same humility to those who are damaged then maybe we can shed a little empathy for him. Until then, he does not deserve this respect.

Respect is earned.

And by the way, if he was so suicidal he wouldn't be picking up Ukrainian women, in fact, the best thing for him to do is go on a break (this time for genuine reasons) and seek professional help asap.

• Vintage
    Vintage

I've only ever left Evan's one comment on his channel. I tried just now to find the video where he'd said he was going on a two (or three?) month break for mental health reasons, but I can't find it. Anyway, that's the video where I'd posted my one and only comment to him. I'd actually "believed" him, so in support of him taking a mental health break, I suggested he read the book, 'Toxic Parents: Overcoming Their Hurtful Legacy and Reclaiming Your Life" by Susan Forward. It's such a good book. And then I began running across stories of the "real" reason he was taking a break. When someone says they are in trouble, we care. We SHOULD care. Why does it surprise Evans that those of us who watched his video saying that he was not well mentally and "cared" about him ...NOW FEEL DUPED?

• CalvinistEmily
    CalvinistEmily
    And by the way, if he was so suicidal he wouldn't be picking up Ukrainian women, in fact, the best thing for him to do is go on a break (this time for genuine reasons) and seek professional help asap.

Having struggled with depression and suicidal ideation most of my life and attempted suicide a few times, I take it very seriously, and I'm confident in saying that Lloyd is just baiting to manipulate his audience.

Nobody who's actually contemplating suicide says that other people have made them suicidal, or that if other people don't change their behaviour and do what they want then they'll kill themselves. They don't threaten it or use it to shame other people. He's harming genuine sufferers by doing that, because now people will associate a suicidal person seeking treatment with this narcissistic abuse tactic, and depressed people who already second-guess ourselves will think "am I being like that if I ask for help?"

• LoveUniHateExams
  • nicolaou
    nicolaou

Thanks for sharing such an insightful post CalvinistEmily. I hope you're doing okay.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange
    It is a shame Lloyd Evans just isn't a better man.

THIS!

But it is not uncommon for someone who is struggling with a moral problem seeking to "get closer" to their God for some kind of penance. "Dear God, please forgive me for what I did and I will......." [do this for you].

I suspect Lloyd was a real zealot as a young JW and still would be except they kicked him out. So, not being the kind of person to just go away, he went away mad and turned his energy toward "getting even" with the group that rejected him.

So much for my Psych 101 class.

Stepping off of soapbox,

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit