It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

I'm just putting this out into the ether, but imagine the heroic comeback if he went and fought for Ukraine against the Russian invasion - all would be forgiven, he'd be a hero and we'd all look like schmucks.

No, that's a bad idea. Lloyd needs to follow through with his new video series and go talk to the Iranian Mullahs or maybe the Taliban of Afghanistan. I doubt he would have the opportunity to interview both.

• Vintage
    Vintage

Diogenesister,

Yes, I agree. Why were a betrayal of trust and privacy at issue if the photos portrayed something absolutely innocent and random.

The term “circular reasoning” came to my mind. The longer the sequence of events within a circular reasoning, the more difficult the “circular reasoning” is to detect and define.

Wikipedia, Circular reasoning:

“The Pyrrhonist philosopher Sextus Empiricus described the problem of circular reasoning as "the reciprocal trope": “

The reciprocal trope occurs when what ought to be confirmatory of the object under investigation needs to be made convincing by the object under investigation; then, being unable to take either in order to establish the other, we suspend judgement about both.

• Vintage
    Vintage

NonCoinCollector, I had to read your last comment twice for it to sink in. And then I laughed.

• Newly Enlightened
  • NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

Unless something was said before this screen shot, notice that the person bringing up pedophilia is Lloyd Evans. Sarah Harris was only talking about Lloyd's priorities seeming off.

Also interesting is how Lloyd tells Sarah how support for him is supposed to work. How dare she have an opinion of Lloyd after he invited all of us to have an opinion about him. Sarah is right, he is completely self-absorbed to the point he lashes out at general advice. Sarah did not insult Lloyd, in fact she was likely a patron along with paying to fund one of his books. My guess is she will no longer be doing either.

Good job Lloyd, at least you told her "how it works."

• Simon
    Simon

If you're ever going to listen to anyone, you should know to listen to people who have been supportive in the past.

Yes, there will be people who are always critical of you no matter what you do or say and it's reasonable to say you don't need to listen to them and can ignore their views.

But someone who has supported you? They are not your enemy, they are telling you something, that you've taken a wrong turn or gone off the rails.

That's the time to stop, listen and be humble.

But of course he doesn't do "listen" or "humble". He simply switches that person into the "anti-me" column and declares them the enemy.

He was able to build support because there was a ready, waiting, eager audience. He's reached the point where he alienates people faster than he can gain new viewers. The low-hanging fruit are all gone and he's built walls so high he can't see new trees anymore.

• lloydevansparody
    lloydevansparody
    Unless something was said before this screen shot, notice that the person bringing up pedophilia is Lloyd Evans. Sarah Harris was only talking about Lloyd's priorities seeming off.

Sarah was only replying to Mome Wraths. No one mentioned pedophilia

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

Well there you go, Lloyd is bringing up pedophilia when nobody is talking about it. Why would he randomly do that? Both "Mome" and Sarah were talking about his priorities and "work." Sounds like a potentially guilty conscience to me.

Not only did Lloyd lose Sarah's support, "Mome" got to see how insane Lloyd gets.

• Vintage
    Vintage

Those screenshots make me glad I'm not on twitter. It looks exhausting.

• lloydevansparody
    lloydevansparody
    Well there you go, Lloyd is bringing up pedophilia when nobody is talking about it.

For completion it has to be said that it was the same period the "emails" of alleged relationship with a minor were circulating. However, that particular twitter conversation had no reference about those emails.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit