It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• vienne
    vienne

Doesn't Evans understand that no moral, sensible person wants to dialogue with him?

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO
    So I want to apologise as well. I was wrong.
    No apology required, it ok xx
  • Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972

With regards to Sarah Harris's comments. Lloyd has always been sensitive to his interpretation of criticism. I remember back in 2014 when I first came out and I made a random, non-confrontational comment, he jumped down my digital throat. At the time I was obviously still in a vulnerable state, but still felt what a shitty person he was/is.

If this was a one-off, bad day thing then we could easily forgive anyone for that, but it isn't, it is a pattern and people need to know this. Especially when dealing with very vulnerable people.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

In fact, IS there even an exjw community?

It depends on how you define the term.

We do tend to use the term "community" to describe a group of people with a common interest or trait. I'm an atheist, so I belong to the "atheist community." I'm an exJW, so I belong to the "exJW community." If I take up guitar playing, I suppose I'll become part of the "guitar-playing community," which is necessarily a subset of the "music community."

But I think of a community as something you help to form or join and become an active part of. I guess you could say I am a part of the community that is this message board, since I joined it and take part in discussions here. But I'm not active in any other part of the "exJW community." So am I a part of it? Or am I just an exJW? I think it's the latter. Under this definition, there is no such thing as an overarching exJW community. Just exJWs, some of who form small communities.

• Vintage
    Vintage
    Kim Silvio, has anyone received a list of the accusations contained in Evans’ lawsuit? Is there any proof that there is actually a lawsuit filed?
  • Vintage
    Vintage

Thanks, TonusOH. That sounds about right to me.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Interesting that Lloyd went to the Ukrainian border to pick up refugees.

Let's hope he goes to Mariupol or Donbas next, lol ...

• Rhiannon
    Rhiannon

I wonder if he has any "girlfriends" in Ukraine? 🤔

• Simon
    Simon
    Perhaps if he hadn't taken a bunch of camera equipment and film team crew, he might have fitted in more people. Why doesn't he go back for more, or was it a one off to make you tube content on the back of the crises?

Yeah, it's the difference between going to do a good thing for the sake of doing it alone, and maximizing what you can do, which means no "team" and less equipment ... and doing it for PR purposes.

I haven't watched it, but is it really about helping or is to be seen to be helping? I'm sure the last thing people fleeing want to see is a YouTuber making a film about them.

But vulnerable people that can be of use to Lloyd? Fire up the cameras ...

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

This pic is fairly representative of how the video went.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit