It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Vintage
    Vintage

Once a lawyer takes a case, he tries to finish it. I haven't looked at Croatian law, and I haven't really invested much time into finding just the "right" quote. But here's a snippet of U.S. rules on ethically declining or terminating representation:

"Optional Withdrawel

[7] A lawyer may withdraw from representation in some circumstances. The lawyer has the option to withdraw if it can be accomplished without material adverse effect on the client's interests. Withdrawal is also justified if the client persists in a course of action that the lawyer reasonably believes is criminal or fraudulent, for a lawyer is not required to be associated with such conduct even if the lawyer does not further it. Withdrawal is also permitted if the lawyer's services were misused in the past even if that would materially prejudice the client. The lawyer may also withdraw where the client insists on taking action that the lawyer considers repugnant or with which the lawyer has a fundamental disagreement."

• Toblerone5
    Toblerone5

Diongenesister THHHHH -THANK YOU

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

I'm guessing that the lawyer gave him advice on how to proceed, and may well have advised against it. But if Evans is aware of what he is doing and insists on proceeding, the lawyer can take the case if he doesn't feel that it's unethical to do so (ie, he has explained everything and the client wants to take action anyway). If the worst that is likely to happen is that he'll lose the case and have spent some money on lawyers for no gain, that probably happens all the time and wouldn't be a big deal.

As for the potential fallout from such an action, that seems as if it would be Evans's fault, not the lawyer's. His insistence on making everything public, combined with his inability to control himself, is creating a mess that is entirely of his own making.

• Simon
    Simon

Lloyd still isn't self-aware enough not to go throwing the word "narcissist" about?!

I'm not sure we really know enough, if anything, about the GB members personally to put that label on them.

Unlike "someone" ...

• Simon
    Simon

I hadn't seen this post of his before, it's interesting for a few reasons. It's from Feb 5, so really early, but after he did his livestream where you can see the moment a random synapse hits on the "libellous" idea.

First, he's describing Kim's warning statement as an "ongoing" and "persistent" campaign. So he does something every 2-3 months for 4+ years and doesn't think that warrants the "regular" label but someone does something once and it's suddenly ongoing & persistent? Hmmn ...

Second, he admits that spending money on legal work would mean, as he puts it "money given to support my work ends up almost entirely in the pockets of lawyers". By that same definition he's admitting that the money given to support his work did in fact end up in the pockets of prostitutes, that he spent the money on things that it was not intended for.

And of course, he's wrong imagining that he can in any way fix or erase the fallout from his own behavior and subsequent attempts to silence people.

Also, it's rich that once again he brings his family into this, as though other people did this to them when it was all his own cheating regularly over many years.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

And by "come off social media" he meant that he would continue to feverishly seek out and respond to every mention of him on the internet. Suddenly, his inability to differentiate between words like "regular" and "persistent" becomes clear.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

'Kim Silvio's ongoing defamation campaign against me ...'

^^^ I like the way Lloyd is trying to guess Kim's motives here.

As far as I can make out, Kim Silvio is just telling the truth and/or correcting certain things she believes to be false.

She's not trying to defame Lloyd.

His doing that with his own actions, lol.

• Chinapomo
    Chinapomo

In the field of psychology, the Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which people mistakenly assess their cognitive ability as greater than it is. It is related to the cognitive bias of illusory superiority and comes from the inability of people to recognize their lack of ability. Without the self-awareness of metacognition, people cannot objectively evaluate their competence or incompetence...

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

In case any of you missed this one from 2018 on the Lloyd Parody Twitter:

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    First, he's describing Kim's warning statement as an "ongoing" and "persistent" campaign

Not trying to make a direct comparison with Lloyd and Jim Jones, but Jones had a similar situation when his volunteer lawyer Tim Stoen defected. He was his right-hand man and knew most of the secrets, especially financial info. Though there were other defectors, Jones saved his vitriol for Stoen. He claimed that he was out to destroy them, similar to Lloyd's claims about Kim Silvio. In his final recorded speech where he gave the order to drink the Kool-Aid, Stoen was mentioned several times as Jones played the victim of his persistent attacks. In the aftermath of Jonestown, investigators found that in the school Jones set up, the students in their grammar classes used Stoen's name repeatedly to describe the misery of the "attacks" on Jonestown.

Lloyd's constant mention of Kim and stirring up his followers in hatred of her is boilerplate cult behaviour. He has to know that she has the evidence all on Whatapp both with him and with his wife. He's a wounded animal and is hoping his followers carry him to the finish line as before.

But it's been over 3 months and this is not going away.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit