It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Simon
    Simon

I think it's useful to put yourself in the shoes of a 3rd party observer and how things look.

It's tempting to keep escalating claims and negative comments, but if the aim is to best present a case, that isn't always the best strategy.

At some point, there's overreach, and that then is easy to pick up on. It's a technique Lloyd uses over and over, so don't give him the opportunity.

Not that you have to do anything I suggest of course, I'm just sharing my opinion in the hope of helping.

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

From my point of view, it sounds like the case you are making is if Karlo Novosel sucks as a lawyer, is defrauding his clients and mailing out extortion letters instead of advising his clients ethically, then let him. I suppose that is one way of going.

• Simon
    Simon

Exactly, why do we care!

Maybe they are taking his money and don't want to do much, but if someone starts trashing them online perhaps they will be more inclined to put more effort in. Why encourage them?

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

Okay, I get your point of view. Personally I don't care if Karlo Novosel bleeds Lloyd dry of money although I'd rather see it go to Dijana and the kids first.

Somehow I get the feeling Lloyd went to other lawyers first and they told him he had no case. Other lawyers have looked at the letter and wondered if it was even a legitimate lawyer that wrote it. Almost like "sure I'll take your money" but wrote such a bad letter that a judge would dismiss it immediately.

• Vintage
    Vintage

Sometimes lawyers take a case without really knowing what they are getting into.

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO
    Sometimes lawyers take a case without really knowing what they are getting into.

Fact 👍

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Simon At some point, there's overreach, and that then is easy to pick up on. It's a technique Lloyd uses over and over, so don't give him the opportunity.

Yes. I think people start looking slightly crazed. What if Lloyd tries to claim he's being stalked? Or his lawyer is being bothered? I also think he's unblocked a few people to give him more fuel for the case.

I also think the person who left a message to Kim and Mike about not publishing Lloyd & Dijana's address because of the kids safety, maybe they are being a bit paranoid but I certainly don't think you have to be a Lloyd-lover to leave a comment like that. I think it's entirely reasonable.

This has been one of the problems in the past when people complained about Lloyd. Some people (understandably)were perceived as being over the top and so it was easy for him to label them as 'crazy' or 'obsessed' etc. I really don't want that to happen again. I don't want him to divert from the real issues. I don't mean memes & jokes & stuff, he's got to expect that. I mean anything that could potentially be construed as stalking behaviour, that kind of thing. Or interference with a lawsuit whether we think it's absurd or not he has a right to engage a lawyer and take a case to court. There are laws around that of thing....or at least laws he could use against us*.

* Please don't don't get me wrong I think Lloyd is using the lawyers/court case as a bullying tactic.

I also think the initial lawyers Letters should be seen as extortion, or if they're not I don't understand why. If it were me I'd take it to my lawyer and ask if it could be seen as such.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

250 pages of Cedars. LOL. This is hilarious!

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Well, many people have experienced this when working with Evans in activism, it would be no surprise if his lawyer were to discover the same thing. Hopefully, they're not working pro bono.

But it would be hilarious if he ever asked his lawyers to add themselves to the litigation.

• Simon
    Simon
    This has been one of the problems in the past when people complained about Lloyd. Some people (understandably)were perceived as being over the top and so it was easy for him to label them as 'crazy' or 'obsessed' etc. I really don't want that to happen again.

One of the "tricks" that certain types of narcissist use is to get people riled up and angry so they can point to it and say "see, they crazy!" ... that's why it's important to try to stay calm, objective, and state facts.

Know that when you do this, it drives them crazy. When someone does a rant video where they are visibly angry, however understandable it may be, it gives them what they want.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit